+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hospital recommendations

Hi everyone. I'm expecting baby number 2 after 6 years. With my 1st I went public but ended up with a private room. With my 2nd I am going private but can't decide between Norwest Private and SANS. I've done tours of both. I'm closer to Norwest and the practical side of me thinks this makes more sense. When I was on the tour at SANS it just felt lighter, brighter and I felt more comfortable. At Norwest the pluses were the double beds albeit smaller rooms with building site views. I'm not sure how I feel about their communal feeding area. DH liked that. I noticed a shared room at Norwest and now think if it's busy I could end up in it but didn't notice this at SANS. Norwest is a ten minute drive and SANS is 30 mins if no traffic. Shorter drive makes visiting and dropping daughter home after visits is easier. My OB delivers at both. If anyone has personal experiences good or bad or recommendations I would love to hear them. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Hospital recommendations

I been at both and find them comparable. I would chose Norwest for the closer drive and double bed. They don't usually use the double rooms for mums with new bubs it's generally for pregnant women in for observation etc. You can also just do most feeds in your room if you are more comfortable and go to the communal nursery for an occasional check. If the nurses know you are not that comfortable in the nursery they often pop into your room. I've been a total of 6 times, 4 at norwest and 2 at the SAN so if there is anything else you want to know feel free :-)

ETA: my most recent bub I chose Norwest for ease of transport. Glad I did as I had a few dramas leading up to the birth so to bolt 5 min up the road compared to 30 mins was really handy. I also had a DS and relatives coming to visit and Norwest was much more convenient for them. I found the rooms/showers/staff/food etc comparable. It was the OB that makes the experience IMO.
    Last edited by bel2466; 06-07-2016 at 07:34.