+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    297
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    94
    Reviews
    0
    There are plenty of antibiotics ok when ttc, a gp can get u into some and get the worst cleared up whilst waiting to see a dermie.... Unfortunately I think a lot of human hormonal acne is related to demadex and Drs don't believe in it, but they don't check for it..... There's recently been an ivermectin cream released in the USA which has been working great ( and yes ivm has activity against demadex) ....

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,492
    Thanks
    900
    Thanked
    1,111
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisau77 View Post
    There are plenty of antibiotics ok when ttc, a gp can get u into some and get the worst cleared up whilst waiting to see a dermie.... Unfortunately I think a lot of human hormonal acne is related to demadex and Drs don't believe in it, but they don't check for it..... There's recently been an ivermectin cream released in the USA which has been working great ( and yes ivm has activity against demadex) ....
    Thanks I did see your post. I'm not willing to take anything at this stage. I was hoping for some natural ideas or face products.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,855
    Thanks
    958
    Thanked
    3,045
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hormonal breakouts are hard. If you have no dairy allergies try moogoo. They have an acne cream or use their oil cleanser (oil is actually really good at cleansing for some people and can help with breakouts). I found their products worked and were gentle.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

    mummymaybe  (06-07-2016)

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,492
    Thanks
    900
    Thanked
    1,111
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Hormonal breakouts are hard. If you have no dairy allergies try moogoo. They have an acne cream or use their oil cleanser (oil is actually really good at cleansing for some people and can help with breakouts). I found their products worked and were gentle.
    Thanks @twinklify I've just stopped using their acne cream. I'm not sure if it made it worse but I'll see how it improves now I've stopped.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,855
    Thanks
    958
    Thanked
    3,045
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not natural but also heard 'Avene' can be good for acne (they have a range specific for acne but it is more expensive).

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

    mummymaybe  (06-07-2016)

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,430
    Thanks
    3,303
    Thanked
    4,330
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @mummymaybe have you stopped using prednisone in between your cycles. I found I got huge breakouts in between cycles when I came off it? My pcos doesn't help though either its so hard though whilst doung the ivf treatment as there are products my gp and chemist would say are ok to use but when I looked into them they are nit recommended for ivf. Hope you find something that works though hun as it can be so frustrating!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

    mummymaybe  (06-07-2016)

  10. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    573
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked
    582
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Thanks I did see your post. I'm not willing to take anything at this stage. I was hoping for some natural ideas or face products.
    Try jojoba oil and see if that works. You've been using a gentle cleanser so that's great as the strong ones tend to exacerbate the problem. It can get quite tricky when TTC/pregnant as it limits your options so much. BHA, as far as I have read, is okay as a spot treatment as long is it is no more than 2% solution. Before you spend money on any product, though, check reviews and make sure the ingredients in it are effective. Only other suggestion is to look at your diet and see if you are having enough fruits and veggies.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

    mummymaybe  (06-07-2016)

  12. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,492
    Thanks
    900
    Thanked
    1,111
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    @mummymaybe have you stopped using prednisone in between your cycles. I found I got huge breakouts in between cycles when I came off it? My pcos doesn't help though either its so hard though whilst doung the ivf treatment as there are products my gp and chemist would say are ok to use but when I looked into them they are nit recommended for ivf. Hope you find something that works though hun as it can be so frustrating!
    I think you might be onto something @Heyside . I took my last prednisone last Tuesday.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

    Heyside  (06-07-2016)

  14. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,430
    Thanks
    3,303
    Thanked
    4,330
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Unfortunately its usually the case for me @mummymaybe and the only thing I could do is wait for it to clear up its as if my system goes into overdrive when its allowed to do its own thing.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

    mummymaybe  (06-07-2016)

  16. #20
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    23
    Reviews
    0
    I had terrible skin when I did IVF and the only product that worked for me was 'Aspect Dr problem skin serum'. It is safe to use in pregnancy. Expensive at about $120 per bottle but totally worth it.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Acne while breastfeeding
    By gingermillie in forum Postnatal & General Women's Health Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-11-2015, 11:56
  2. PCOS & Acne - Dermatologist or other recommendations safe for TTC?
    By NYCinSYD in forum Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-11-2015, 15:38
  3. Dianne 35, acne and TTC
    By mich1310 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2015, 12:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
The Fix Program Sydney CBD and BroadwayPregnancy and women's health physio, pregnancy and new mum Pilates classes taught by our physios for you and bub. ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›