+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for a good IVF Dr and Clinic in Brisbane

Dear All

My husband and I are looking to do IVF ASAP. I am 40, hubby is 57, we had all set of examination, the result shows all normal, health. There is no problems been detected. But as the age is there, we can't wait. The DR we saw is fine, but sounds not very famous in this area, and pretty expensive compare to the price we searched on line. Our budget is very limited, with him means only two cycles.

Could anyone who has had this experience please give us some advice of a good DR and clinic and the price for normal straight forward situation?

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jjAgg For This Useful Post:

Hany  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As an 'older patient' make sure u go to someone who can do tailored cycles, some of the bulk bill type places don't Taylor and that's not a good idea if older....so two full price cycles could be better chances than five or more lower stim less tailored cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lisau77.

I just need to know how to find them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Go and see Dr Warren De Ambrosis at QFG. His waiting list is long so ask to go on the cancellation list. He has a lot of success with older couples

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (13-07-2016),Hany  (06-09-2016),jjAgg  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How long have you been ttc naturally? Is age the only factor? Any previous miscarriage? Exactly what tests have already been done? (Amh?, semen analysis? Confirming ovulation etc) Unfortunately your first cycle is a dummy run to see how you respond. Very few infertiles are lucky enough to fall pregnant first cycle but it is definitely possible and plenty of ladies on here do. Like Lisau said, it's best going straight to the 'top' in your case.

Although, an option could be to try a low cost clinic to see how you respond. Then transfer if a different protocol is needed. You would need to discuss the possibility of transferring any frozen embryos though. You have to factor in the cost of frozen embryos transfers also if you are fortunate enough to get some. A low cost clinic can offer about 3 cycles for the price of one at their 'boutique' clinic.

I personally would go with QFG as their low cost clinic does tailor doses of FSH where as Life Fertility's does not. They have a standard dose for all patients.

An FS doesn't need to be 'famous', they just need to get results (there's really only one truly famous one and that's the great Wazza). Go and see one at each of the above clinics that also works out of their attached low cost clinic to discuss your options and ask outright if they would use the same or different protocol if you attended the low cost clinic.

I would also enquire about more in depth testing like Natural Killer Cells (although some FS don't believe they affect fertility) to save doing a couple of failed cycles and then testing.

At your age, there are a couple of exceptional FS at the boutique clinics who will throw everything at you on the first cycle to try and get the desired result first go which is why they should be your first port of call.

I hope that makes sense and good luck.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

jjAgg  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    Go and see Dr Warren De Ambrosis at QFG. His waiting list is long so ask to go on the cancellation list. He has a lot of success with older couples
    This, given age I wouldn't waste time or money on anyone else.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

jjAgg  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ngaiz,

Thank you very much for the information. We started to try on and off for six months now. We’ve been married 7 years, didn’t want baby before, thought we couldn’t afford it. And I was always working away before. I never pregnant before, this is the first try. We started to see GP and then FS since March, I did all the blood test. AMH is fine 10. All Ultrasound is normal; Hubby did blood test and sperm test, all normal from our FS. FS said ovulation is normal. The only concern is age for him at this stage.
    This is my new journey, I didn’t know what is IVF before. I started to search online a couple of months ago, and visit QFG, City , life, TFC, Monash website and saw the cost about 2000$ to 3000$. Didn’t know it’s actually very complicated and stressful. When our FS told us the cost is $5000 up, I wasn’t prepared and a bit lost.
    When I said my FS is not famous, actually meant I couldn’t find any online review about him, not like the popular ones. I am not sure he has many IVF patients and have as much as experience. He is a good Obstetrician, but couldn't find any information about his IVF skills.
    I am not sure which ones are low cost clinic which ones are boutique ones. From website they all look similar. Next step is to visit them and ask around I guess.
    Last edited by jjAgg; 03-07-2016 at 10:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @jjAgg as others have suggested I'd recommend Wazza/Warren DeAmbrosis. We wasted a few cycles on our first FS who firstly told us to keep trying naturally (I was 40) and then when we moved to IVF (me at 41.5) used a basic protocol and ignored issues both DH and I had - he blamed our issues on my age. We would never have got pregnant with him. When we moved to Wazza things really got moving and our embryos improved each cycle.

Wazza operates through QFG where the cost was about $3,500 (after Medicare rebate + we had PHI for day hospital costs), plus medication costs. Wazza may determine that IUI is better for you and he'll also refer you to a couple of the cheaper clinics if he thinks they'll work for you. The biggest issue is his waiting list - April 2017, but many patients get in earlier if they go on his cancellation list (sometimes within a fortnight). He is amazing and if you can see him he'll most likely answer all your questions without your needing to go from clinic to clinic. He has a colleagues Dr Charlotte Mooring whom he works with closely, so she might be another option. She and Warren share rooms for IVF.

One of the big differences between FSs and the low/high cost clinics is the amount of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) they'll use. They don't want to overstimulate you as that can trigger ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), but a lot of clinics will understimulate you and that means you'll need more cycles. Our first FS started me on 125 FSH and eventually increased it to 300, whereas Wazza had me on 450-600 with much better results.

You might find having a squiz at the "IVF over 40" thread and also the "Dr Warren DeAmbrosis - Wazza appreciation thread" here on BubHub useful.

Best wishes with having a bub.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Hany  (06-09-2016),jjAgg  (14-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I should have mentioned, my background relative to this is I did if they Qfg Gold Coast with Gary swift.... He is very well respected and looks at all areas of infertility, many obs go to him themselves, my hubby is an ob and chose Gary for us, Gary's wait list is usually about 3w. Unless ur far Northside it's not a big trip from Brisbane and parking is free (cf city!) he very much Taylor's cycles so this might be an option for u....since the great wAzza is hard to get into! You'll find a few ladies here who have used him, I got preg first go!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisau77 For This Useful Post:

jjAgg  (14-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My IVF

Quote Originally Posted by jjAgg View Post
    Hi Ngaiz,

Thank you very much for the information. We started to try on and off for six months now. We’ve been married 7 years, didn’t want baby before, thought we couldn’t afford it. And I was always working away before. I never pregnant before, this is the first try. We started to see GP and then FS since March, I did all the blood test. AMH is fine 10. All Ultrasound is normal; Hubby did blood test and sperm test, all normal from our FS. FS said ovulation is normal. The only concern is age for him at this stage.
    This is my new journey, I didn’t know what is IVF before. I started to search online a couple of months ago, and visit QFG, City , life, TFC, Monash website and saw the cost about 2000$ to 3000$. Didn’t know it’s actually very complicated and stressful. When our FS told us the cost is $5000 up, I wasn’t prepared and a bit lost.
    When I said my FS is not famous, actually meant I couldn’t find any online review about him, not like the popular ones. I am not sure he has many IVF patients and have as much as experience. He is a good Obstetrician, but couldn't find any information about his IVF skills.
    I am not sure which ones are low cost clinic which ones are boutique ones. From website they all look similar. Next step is to visit them and ask around I guess.
    Hi
    If you want good quality IVF clinic that is well priced, I suggest My IVF in North Lakes. They have very good results and they are with IVF Monash. My OBGYN suggested them and he currently works with the director there... You can save a lot!
    Good luck