+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Shortening cervix and progesterone 200mg pessaries

please read and give any information you have.
    my previous baby was born at 33weeks and my current pregnancy I am 28 weeks I had an ultrasound due to my previous premature baby and I was told my cervix is funnelling in a v shape and the closed part is 1cm I have had two steroid shots for baby's lungs and been prescribed progesterone 200mg pessaries to take twice a day I wanted to know if this helps how it benifted you I don't now and haven't been told if it'll stop baby from coming early or at least how early what it'll do to help my cervix I would like to know how long others could hold they're baby's anything and everything in your experience and information on this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I know this is an old post. @Elijahandlillie how did your preganancy progress?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ! So my kids are both healthy now
    Lillie is 18 months and Elijah is 2.5
    So I continued every day with the passaries and hadn’t been given another ultrasound after the 28 weeks So I went into labour at 33 weeks same as my son but I was sort of in denial so I didn’t go to the doctors for about 4-6 hours then when I did go they put the contraction monitor on me and said I was having regular contractions but my cervix was closed they did this swab that was supposed to be very accurate as to wether I was going to go into labour it said I wasn’t but they gave me a needle to stop the contractions and transferred me by ambulance to the closer hospital that did births over 34 weeks just in case as the one I was at didn’t delivery if not to late babies under 34, the contractions had stoped by the time I was at the hospital for a few more hours and they put me in a room and put me to bed I had contactions all that day in total so it was like 1 am when they had stopped my partner was sent home and I woke up at 5 am 4 hours later in pain and the doctor came in I had just recently put my passarie in and it just fell out as he put his hand in and he said your 5 cm dialated and took me to a labour room basically they also didn’t expect me to dialate so fast but I asked for the epidural and they gave it to me about an hour later then she stared to stress so the prepd me for a c section and took me to the new room for the procedure where they lifted my legs and she came out this happened because a nurse insisted she just checked me and I was only 7 cm and that I was fine she was asked because I was in a lot of pain and someone asked are you sure she’s not ready she started to stress because they gave me an epidural at 9-10 cm so I didn’t feel any sensation as I’d just had it done. They told me if I was to have another baby I’d be high risk and get a stitch procedure.
    She was in the nicu for three weeks and came home healthy and happy she was on cpap ( breathing help ) for 4 days and for in an incubator for 1 n a half weeks and eating by her self with a little bottle in 2 n a half weeks she hits all her milestones and is very clever
    My son came home after a week with no issues but at now going on three is in speech therapy and is a little behind in development such as co-ardination and toilet training

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahandlillie View Post
    Hi ! So my kids are both healthy now
    Lillie is 18 months and Elijah is 2.5
    So I continued every day with the passaries and hadn’t been given another ultrasound after the 28 weeks So I went into labour at 33 weeks same as my son but I was sort of in denial so I didn’t go to the doctors for about 4-6 hours then when I did go they put the contraction monitor on me and said I was having regular contractions but my cervix was closed they did this swab that was supposed to be very accurate as to wether I was going to go into labour it said I wasn’t but they gave me a needle to stop the contractions and transferred me by ambulance to the closer hospital that did births over 34 weeks just in case as the one I was at didn’t delivery if not to late babies under 34, the contractions had stoped by the time I was at the hospital for a few more hours and they put me in a room and put me to bed I had contactions all that day in total so it was like 1 am when they had stopped my partner was sent home and I woke up at 5 am 4 hours later in pain and the doctor came in I had just recently put my passarie in and it just fell out as he put his hand in and he said your 5 cm dialated and took me to a labour room basically they also didn’t expect me to dialate so fast but I asked for the epidural and they gave it to me about an hour later then she stared to stress so the prepd me for a c section and took me to the new room for the procedure where they lifted my legs and she came out this happened because a nurse insisted she just checked me and I was only 7 cm and that I was fine she was asked because I was in a lot of pain and someone asked are you sure she’s not ready she started to stress because they gave me an epidural at 9-10 cm so I didn’t feel any sensation as I’d just had it done. They told me if I was to have another baby I’d be high risk and get a stitch procedure.
    She was in the nicu for three weeks and came home healthy and happy she was on cpap ( breathing help ) for 4 days and for in an incubator for 1 n a half weeks and eating by her self with a little bottle in 2 n a half weeks she hits all her milestones and is very clever
    My son came home after a week with no issues but at now going on three is in speech therapy and is a little behind in development such as co-ardination and toilet training
    Thanks for sharing. I am pregnant woth my first. Im 28 weeks tomo. At 24 weeks I lost my cervix mucus plug which triggered me to go in and have things checked. The covering OB did some tests to check for infection and all was clear. Also did an internal investigation and he said your cervix is closed.

Then I had my normal OB appt I was 25+5 and due to what had happened my OB did an internal scan and confirmed that my cervix had shortened from 30mm at 21 weeks to 18mm at 25+5 my cervix was closed still. I was admitted to hospital and put on progesterone pessaries and also two doses of steroids just in case our little man arrived early.

I spent 2 weeks in hospital and we continue to monitor my cervix and things last Friday looked better and my length has remained steady. I was sent home to continue bedrest and progesterone pessaries.

It is a very scary thing. We have another scan on Friday to see how things are going