Closed Thread
Page 74 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepontryin13 View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge I was to the point of never believing it would happen. Honestly 13 Ivf cycles and a few FETs thrown in there...it was getting tough. This was going to be our last year as mentally I couldn't keep going. DH said he possibly could have but he wasn't doing the physical side of things. He never gave up hope....and I thank him for that now. We are by all means not out of the woods yet that's for sure but things are looking promising. It really is like a dream. Your story of telling your boss is beautiful. I'm sure you'll get to put that box together soon. I'll be watching your journey. I really do admire anyone going through the this and even so going overseas for donor. Trust me we were close. Keep dreaming and try to stay positive xxx
    That is so lovely. Wow! 13 cycles! Mate, i did 4 stims and i was a broken woman after 6 failed transfers. You're amazing! That is an olympic marathon effort mate and im so glad you crossed the line.
    Thanks also for your well wishes and encouragement. xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge we also wanted them to know where the money was going. We actually have thank you cards of wedding pics but decide the announcement is better. You eloped that's awesome we thought about that but being first grand daughter I would of been shot I love your attitude its this best!!! You are super women seriously!! Week I'm so excited for you, it's approaching quick now :-) do you have to start on any meds? Does anyone know you are going to Athens or what for ? Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rosie8888 lol, yeah it was my second marriage so i knew my nanna and mum had already done the whole wedding thing before, so they wouldnt be upset.
    All i have to do it start the pill for the next 21 days to make sure my period comes at the right time, no horrible needles or mad side effects from yucky medicine. Im actually taking the first active pill tomorrow, so its all actually starting. Nope nobody knows we are going to athens for ivf, ive told my mum and grandparents we are going to athens, only told mum coz u always have to tell your mum where u are and i need her to feed my cats and told my grandparents coz they live in mascot so we leave the car at theirs and they drive us to the airport. Lol, but everyone i talk to on bubhub knows though, so thats like about 20-30 people :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge oh fair call - we both have crazy families so eloping sounded great to us, instead we only invited selected family I had my mum walk me down as I didn't invite my dad. Eeeeeek that's so awesome you actually start tomorrow for it. Wooh you must be feeling excited now it's real. Yeah always have to tell our mums. Oh that's good you can still talk to people about it :-) how many years has this journey been for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie8888 View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge oh fair call - we both have crazy families so eloping sounded great to us, instead we only invited selected family I had my mum walk me down as I didn't invite my dad. Eeeeeek that's so awesome you actually start tomorrow for it. Wooh you must be feeling excited now it's real. Yeah always have to tell our mums. Oh that's good you can still talk to people about it :-) how many years has this journey been for you?
    Well in a way, i first started trying to conceive in 2010, so ive been wanting a bub and or trying to have one for 7 years. So i tried naturally with my first hubby for 18 months then our marriage went pear shaped kinda due to the stress of ttc. So then i had no partner, lol, so that made it even harder to get a baby. Then i met my new and improved husband no 2 and i didnt want yo scare him away or jump into a relationship just because i wanted a baby so i just enjoyed being with him for 2 years. So then we talked about babies and tried naturally for 12 months in 2014, seeing a FS in the meanwhile, had a lap/hyst and began ivf in 2015 through 2016.
    So it feels like ive been waiting 7 years, but ive only been doing the ivf for about 20 months.
    In a big way, im weirdly kinda glad i couldnt have kids with my first husband because i would have stayed and been unhappy. Im much happier in my current relationship in so many ways. Weird how life works out sometimes. If a genie appeared right now and said 'you can go back in time and have as many kids as you want with your first husband' or 'you can have none with your current one', id pick the second option without hesitation.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (20-08-2016),Chyna  (17-08-2016),pingc383  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge you make me laugh.. So true what you are saying though. Well Hun we are hear to support and barrack for you along the way xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie8888 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies

i need some advice - we are currently in the 2WW (FET cycle 5dt on 12th august 2016) with Monash in Brisbane ... on the 4th august my lining was 11mm - by research I've done it thickens by 1mm every day .. my transfer (2 x day 5 blasto's expanding) my lining would have been close to if not over 19mm ...

I've heard dr warren is very very good - and just wondering if anyone has had experience with a thick lining like this and if he's proceeded to transfer? etc .. any information would be helpful as I am seriously thinking our current dr has been negligent with this cycle and letting my lining get so thick!

cheers and thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @pkgjmg - Hi hun what type of fet did you do and when did you start taking the progesterone if it was a 5 day transfer I am prosuming around the 7th of august? If thats the case it would only have grown 1mm each day from the 4th to the 7th so yes it would have been thick but around 14mm. As soon as you start to take the progesterone it will xhange the lining completely and it may even start to compact not really measurable. It may be worth asking your fs to measure just before you start progesterone next time. My lining in an fet fets stuck at around 7mm and anything extra is a bonus no matter how much longer I go. I am personally not sure on Warrens view on thick lining as I have the opposite issue. Good luck hun x

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi heyside,

it was a D5, HRT cycle .. I started progesterone on the 7th August

7/8 and 8/8 - 1 pessarie at night
    9/8 and 10/8 - 1 pessarie morning, 1 pessarie night
    11/8 and current - 1 crinone morning, 1 pessarie night

I'm just feeling down cause all the research I've done this week show's anything over 13mm is way too thick and the chances of a pregnancy are less likely ..

Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    @pkgjmg - Hi hun what type of fet did you do and when did you start taking the progesterone if it was a 5 day transfer I am prosuming around the 7th of august? If thats the case it would only have grown 1mm each day from the 4th to the 7th so yes it would have been thick but around 14mm. As soon as you start to take the progesterone it will xhange the lining completely and it may even start to compact not really measurable. It may be worth asking your fs to measure just before you start progesterone next time. My lining in an fet fets stuck at around 7mm and anything extra is a bonus no matter how much longer I go. I am personally not sure on Warrens view on thick lining as I have the opposite issue. Good luck hun x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside - how are you Hun? I'm away on hols but just got reception again and wondering how you're going? Been thinking of you and wishing the stickiest of wishes Xx