Closed Thread
Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Bradders
    :-) @Positano1 i read your article, it was great xox twas nice to see your face, when i read the article i saw your name and thought you must have made it up or use it as your 'pen name' as a journalist. Then i remembered your name prpbably isnt actually positano1 lol Have you sent/shown it to dr.N? @AngelD with that beta i reckon youve got 2 in there! Place your bets ladies... @KateCg yeah dr nikos offered to find accommodation, he probably had friends that he helps out by referring peeps to their apartments a bit like kostas the taxi guy i think. Yeah ive got back up accommodation sorted anyway. Lol, a roof over my head is the least of my worries. Id sleep in the gutter out front of embryoland if needs be.
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 11-08-2016 at 13:10.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (10-08-2016),Monty73  (10-08-2016),Rhino  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Positano1 here's the cover of the mag with your article :-) . After i get my bfp, im gonna show it to everyone and say, 'see, im not crazy, everybody's doing it' :-)
    Attached Images

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Monty73  (10-08-2016),Positano1  (10-08-2016),Rhino  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bradders looks like we'' just miss each other in Athens

I so have to get that article! Totally forgot when I was heading home...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

Monty73  (10-08-2016),Positano1  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @jaydee32, we've started a fresh IMSI cycle and are hopeful that we come up with at least one PGS tested embryo to transfer. ❤️ Will be cycling in November with Dr. Nikos possibly, taking it as it comes.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AussieAmerican For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (10-08-2016),Rhino  (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your support. It feels a bit strange having my name and picture out in public but my aim was to educate women and help those that are still battling with their own eggs and wasting time and money. My partner still goes on about me wasting my time doing three cycles here with my own eggs.
    @Georgousgeorge everyone is doing it. Donor eggs were good enough for Sonia Kruger and Mary Koustas and no doubt a myriad of Hollywood stars too. I have sent it to Dr K but not heard back from him yet. I'm sure he is too busy answering urgent messages.

I'm so in love with my baby and can't wait to hold him or her.

As far as accommodation goes I wouldn't rely on Dr K. He is just too busy. Do check out the Athens Lotus. I got the metro to the clinic each time from the hotel. The only time we used a taxi was when DH was carrying his sperm in to the clinic and I was panicking about getting it there quickly. It ended up taking ages in the traffic and we would have been better on the metro.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (10-08-2016),Rhino  (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Positano1! I love that magazine and will be buying it tomorrow. Props to you; what a stellar achievement.

AngelD, SharonG and Chanel78, great news for you all! That's terrific but not so fab about morning sickness. Glad that it's subsided for you SharonG and hope it passes soon for you AngelD and Chanel78.

To all the other ladies on this thread and previous ones about ED in Greece, thank you for you stories and advice.

We're going to be in Athens in just over 6 weeks. It wasn't until we booked our flights a few weeks back that it all became real. I am super excited and feeling very upbeat about ED at Embryoland with the wonderful Dr Nikos.

To gorgeousgeorge, Rhino and Bradders, safe travels and may all our baby dreams come true.

On accommodation, I tried The Lotus but there weren't any rooms available. We got an apartment in Kolonaki which was reasonable. We couldn't decide on whether to get an apartment or stay in a hotel but as we'll be in Athens for 6 nights before we head off to the island Alonissos the thought of being cooped up in a hotel room didn't appeal to me. Not long now.
    Wow. It'll be our 6th (and final) go.

So glad DH and I have this last chance with Dr Nikos. So very happy that we all are blessed with Dr Nikos!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeckyGC For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (11-08-2016),Monty73  (11-08-2016),Rhino  (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gorgeousgeorge. I'd delete Dr N mobile from here. It's private and only given out direct to his current patients IF he chooses to give it out to them which he doesn't to everyone. If someone wants it they should go through the correct channels.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another accommodation option for those of you heading over, if you don't mind a hotel, is the Amazon Hotel in Monastiraki - 2 minute walk from Syntagma Square and the metro and bang in the middle of the shopping district with heaps of food options . We were there for our full 10 days in Athens and very comfortable ... just make sure you specify a double room
    Thanks for all of your good wishes and congratulations thankfully at this stage there's no sign of MS, but have been dizzy for about a week now. I shall wait and see what week 6 brings

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BeckyGC I'm praying your 6th go is the ONE! BFP here you come!

@AngelID thanks for info on hotel. I hope your dizziness disappears very soon! How lucky for you no MS!!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge thanks for the number. I thought that was his landline and he had already given it to me. @Juventina I am his current patient and he specifically asked me to text or call his mobile. I didn't want to bother him to ask him for it as he is technically on holidays. Thanks.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (11-08-2016)