+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    844
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    235
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Dry July

    Hey there, anyone keen to support each other for dry July. I thought I'd put any money I would have spent on alcohol to the official fundraiser.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,749
    Thanks
    3,833
    Thanked
    3,657
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry just wanted to say I always hate the dry July concept because it's my birthday. Why not dry August or September, lol.

    Good on you for doing it though. What charity are you supporting?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,913
    Thanks
    7,758
    Thanked
    6,682
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'll be dry because I'm pregnant lol. I don't really drink anyway.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,006
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    It doesn't have to be July. I did Feb Fast and a lot of people do dry January.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    844
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    235
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Sorry just wanted to say I always hate the dry July concept because it's my birthday. Why not dry August or September, lol.

    Good on you for doing it though. What charity are you supporting?
    When I looked it up, it was for cancer research. I don't drink a massive amount, but thought I could/should give it a go to stay dry for a month! $ donated is a bonus

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Goosey01 For This Useful Post:

    sunnygirl79  (25-06-2016)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,030
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked
    836
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I thought I would do dry July... But mostly as an example to my children.. I never get drunk, I always make sure I am right to drive, just in case, but I have this attitude, where if something is on, I have a drink. Like, "oh, it's a birthday party! One drink", or, out for lunch, just one glass of bubbles, Friday night, a drink. It's the weekend, have a drink.. Well, it all adds up to a lot of drinking!

    I feel like I'm in this culture of drinking, not to get drunk, not even really to celebrate anything, just drinking because it's the "done" thing? I don't want my kids thinking that this is everyday behaviour, so, I thought dry July would be a good start..

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked
    699
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think dry July can be your choice of abstinence. Like chocolate would be harder for me right now!

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    844
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    235
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    I thought I would do dry July... But mostly as an example to my children.. I never get drunk, I always make sure I am right to drive, just in case, but I have this attitude, where if something is on, I have a drink. Like, "oh, it's a birthday party! One drink", or, out for lunch, just one glass of bubbles, Friday night, a drink. It's the weekend, have a drink.. Well, it all adds up to a lot of drinking!

    I feel like I'm in this culture of drinking, not to get drunk, not even really to celebrate anything, just drinking because it's the "done" thing? I don't want my kids thinking that this is everyday behaviour, so, I thought dry July would be a good start..
    That's me too it is so entrenched in our culture

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    844
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    235
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julzgulz View Post
    I think dry July can be your choice of abstinence. Like chocolate would be harder for me right now!
    Wanna join us?

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked
    699
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thinking about it!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Due july 2016
    By mush31bub1 in forum Tuggerah & Mardi region
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2015, 08:58
  2. Due July 2016
    By Moniphia in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2015, 18:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby MonitorsLooking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›