+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefull29 View Post
    Sorry for all the double posts lately. My app has a mind of its own.....

I saw my FS today who put a bit of a downer on things when she said "it's not real until I hear a heartbeat". I know she's just being practical and honest but it was like she was telling me not to be excited. I know miscarriage rates are reasonably high, but it's not like I'm not going to be devastated if it happens whether I'm excited now or not..... Oh well. I'm on crinone of 12 weeks, stopped in to pick it up from the pharmacy on my way home and nearly died to find out its $170 for 15! PBS don't cover it now as it's not classed as IVF which just seems silly considering I'm an IVF pregnancy but no apparently it's not the same. Oh well, if it's going to help I guess I pay it.
    Will do full replies tomorrow as must get myself to bed before getting up at 4am for my appointment ๐Ÿ˜ด but just wanted to say to @hopefull29 Wazza puts girls on the crinone initially after transfer but then says you can swap to pessaries after bfp as they are much cheaper, less convenient but who has $170 to pay for a fortnights meds.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @hopefull29 You could ask your FS about pessaries, you get double for the same price. I was on Crinone my fresh cycle and pessaries this FET, and my progesterone levels are good according to the last nurse I spoke with.

Try to stay positive, you never know what tomorrow may bring so live in today. That's what I'm trying to tell myself. X

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET May-June 2016 #2

@hopefull29 Sorry to hear your FS put a bit of a downer on things today. I had a similar experience with my GP. I just tell my self that with everyday that passes we're closer & closer to a happy & healthy baby! We all know the risks with early pregnancy but even at this early stage the odds are still in our favor ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜!!
    Can't believe PBS doesn't cover pregnancy support!! It's a joke. My meds are costing us more now than when I was cycling!! Anyway, anything to help this bub make its way into the world!!
    My pregnancy symptoms heated up around wk6. Wk 4 & 5 I had sore boobs but they would come & go. It was very stressful. Sometimes I didn't have a single symptom & would be convinced it was all over!
    I also had the occasional bout of spotting that would really send me over the edge!!
    Anyway, wk 6 the nausea, food aversions & fatigue set in. As debilitating as the symptoms are they are kinda reassuring ๐Ÿ™Š.
    Hearing the heartbeat at our 7wk scan was very reassuring.
    Can't wait for you to experience that!! Xx
    Last edited by Muchulu1; 29-07-2016 at 21:21.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (30-07-2016),lotsathoughts  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside All the best for tomorrow!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    I had a bit of a cry while I ate a take away pizza.. I'm ok.. Im not feeling confident at all.. And perhaps I need to re think this given I am nearly 40..
    Hey, it sucks but don't give up. I live by a saying " your stronger than you know and braver than you think". Getting that news is upsetting and its natural to question your future plans, but you are strong and you can do what you need to make your dreams come true. I hope you have someone who can be there for you and just listen, use them.
    Sending you hugs and kisses.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katham For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (30-07-2016),lotsathoughts  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @Heyside
    Let us know how you go xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of great advice here.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ pingc383 its hard to trust your FS sometimes and I think for me its because so much is unknown, like are they doing a certain protocol because its what they do or is it to suit your situation. All you can do is keep asking questions.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to katham For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So last night I was telling my best friend my exciting news and mid sentence his wife blurts in that she is pregnant with their 4th baby! Unplanned! A part of me shut down instantly to protect myself๐Ÿ˜ข While I am happy for them, I felt she was insensitive in how she told me and I just felt a little sick. I could tell my BF was shocked too because I'm sure he was waiting for a good moment to tell me. I felt like my news was over shadowed by hers and less important. Im also hurt as I was very supportive of her when she MC 2 yrs ago and her feelings, and i guess I expected some consideration of my feelings back.
    Then later i heard her whispering to her BF that I had an embryo implanted...when it was none of her friends business and not her news to share. Some of my friends don't know what im doing but she's shared my news and in front of me! I was already feeling sensitive and this just added to my hurt feelings ๐Ÿ˜ฏ Feeling blah now ๐Ÿ˜ง๐Ÿ˜•

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katham View Post
    So last night I was telling my best friend my exciting news and mid sentence his wife blurts in that she is pregnant with their 4th baby! Unplanned! A part of me shut down instantly to protect myself While I am happy for them, I felt she was insensitive in how she told me and I just felt a little sick. I could tell my BF was shocked too because I'm sure he was waiting for a good moment to tell me. I felt like my news was over shadowed by hers and less important. Im also hurt as I was very supportive of her when she MC 2 yrs ago and her feelings, and i guess I expected some consideration of my feelings back.
    Then later i heard her whispering to her BF that I had an embryo implanted...when it was none of her friends business and not her news to share. Some of my friends don't know what im doing but she's shared my news and in front of me! I was already feeling sensitive and this just added to my hurt feelings Feeling blah now
    People have no bloody tact. Seriously! We had the same thing happen on our first IVF the day of the transfer we were told that my husbands brother and wife were pregnant (also by mistake) and they knew we had just done IVF also. To this day they still do not think they did anything wrong and said anytime wouldn't have been the right time... No ****ing idea!

This time round no one in the family knows except for my mum and I wont be seeing any family during the cycle either. Just keeping to myself.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

katham  (30-07-2016)