+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My lining is still not under 5, it was 5.1mm today. Warren was happy for me to start but I want it to be just right so I have another scan booked in for Tuesday - very frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF/FET May-June 2016 #2

Argh that's frustrating @Heyside
    I hope the next scan shows a thinner lining ready for a brand new fresh lining to build upon.

I had a bit of a frustrating scan today too. Was led to believe we may have EPU on Monday but today's scan showed my eggs weren't growing as quickly as they had first thought. She suggested that because they were growing evenly it may have slowed them down. So that in itself sounds quite positive...but no one wants to hear the words "a bit slow" in relation to anything
    Anyway, the main problem with a possible EPU on Wednesday next week means ET would be the first day back at school.
    I know making a baby is the most important thing but I can't stop myself feeling guilty. Plus it's professional development and I need to collect my hours and I missed a full days professional development training last cycle. So annoying.
    Anyway, that's not the point. I want my body to do the right thing. I hope it does.
    X

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside how frustrating! Sounds like a good idea to wait for it to shed a little more. Your so close! Fingers crossed for Tuesday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @lotsathoughts - Thanks hun, sorry to hear your scan was frustrating too. Its definately good news that your follies are growing nice and even but frustrating your EPU will now be first day back at school. Hopefully things will go well and there will be no looking back this cycle.
    @Muchulu1 - Thanks hun yes so do close hopefully a few more days will do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Heyside yes you're right. Hopefully this is the last cycle we have to do and I won't need to think about school clashing with IVF. Silly really. Work is work. Family is everything. Must remember perspective xx

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (15-07-2016),hopefull29  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I'll share this... After my scan this morning I had a bit of a cry. Was feeling a bit deflated and emotional. As I was wiping my eyes my 2yo DD came around the corner and said "Mummy sad" and gave me a hug. It was the first time I've heard her recognize an emotion. How lucky am I to have someone to hug through this journey. I really am grateful for what I have and wish everyone got the chance to experience motherhood.
    xx

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (15-07-2016),julianicholson  (15-07-2016),Muchulu1  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside that's annoying! Let's hope a few more days does the trick.
    @lotsathoughts the good news is that ET is in and out, so it's likely you can at least do a half day. Your DD sounds so sweet. What a lovely gesture

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 You have every right to be annoyed. I would be too!! Let's hope tomorrow brings you your sticky bean & you won't need to deal with them for some time (if ever)!! I hope all goes smoothly with the thaw & transfer. Will your FS be doing the transfer again this time? Will be thinking of you. GL!! xx

Speaking of nurses... I got told off today :/
    One of the nurses from my clinic called to challenge me about having a midweek beta with my GP. She did a great job of making me feel really pathetic for not being able to wait it out. The whole phone call was so unnecessary & just illustrated her lack of empathy. Anyway I have no regrets for seeing the GP. It has helped my anxiety immensely over the last 2 weeks. I'm just desperately hoping the next 2 wks go smoothly so I can finally be discharged...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (18-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts What a proud moment when your DD was able to identify with how you were feeling. So gorgeous. Family really is everything! Sorry to hear today's scan was upsetting & it means ET will likely fall on your first day back at school. Definitely a nuisance & a stressor. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. But wow I'm shocked by these nurses. I can honestly say I haven't had this sort of trouble with nurses at all!!
    @hopefull29 that's just poor organization by your clinic. All that handover stuff should be documented. At my new clinic I seem to be looked after by everyone so anyone can chat about my cycle, which I find fine as the notes are all there.
    @Muchulu1 I really don't understand why the nurse felt the need to call you?? Is it really her business at all? You're an adult and have every right to get whatever extra tests help your nerves. Anyone that's been through this would totally understand. People that have had no trouble at all don't get how torturous waiting is and the amount of stress it causes.

AFM after talking with DH I pulled apart my emotions more and realised I was annoyed that id have to now tell my boss. Was hoping to fly under the radar but now he'll need to know..before any of my family. Feels weird. Haha.

And yes it was a proud moment for me. I would love my DD to be aware of all emotions and not be afraid or ashamed of them.
    X

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (18-07-2016)