Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    Does that affect your stress levels?

My DH likes a clean home too, so on the weekends when I have my sleep in, he knows and does exactly what needs to be done. No way we are leaving the house on the weekend if the house is a mess. Everyone has to pitch in and do their part.
    It affects my stress levels and organisation as well. We have a massive yard which is high maintenance and dh is responsible for that and he works 6 days a week also. Tbh it stresses me more having him do any inside cleaning rather then a messy house!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I am very particular about housework.

Before I get showered, dressed and have breakfast each day I wash up hubby's breakfast dishes, empty the bins, haul in wood for the fireplace, make the bed, feed the pets, give the bathroom a quick clean, clean the budgie cage and vaccuum the whole house. Only then, once all that is done, do I stop for breakfast.

After I've eaten I wash up again, shower and dress, and throw all the washing, including towels into the machine. Then put fresh towels out, hang up the washing when it's done and start work for the day - paid work, that is!

This is my routine day in day out and I tend to feel flustered if I don't do everything each morning. It borders on obsessive, lol, but on the positive side people can drop in any time after 11am and the house is clean
    I think I love you. Lol!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SookiLala For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    It affects my stress levels and organisation as well. We have a massive yard which is high maintenance and dh is responsible for that and he works 6 days a week also. Tbh it stresses me more having him do any inside cleaning rather then a messy house!
    Hahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nope. I just do what is needed and that is it. I would rather focus on other things like sleep if I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I like to be able to find things without tearing the place apart. So I adopt the motto a place for everything and everything in its place as much as I can and try and teach it to my kids.

My mother was an obsessive cleaner and we all hated it when we were kids. We felt we could never make a mess. I don't want my kids growing up like that so I try and be as relaxed as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    My mother was an obsessive cleaner and we all hated it when we were kids. We felt we could never make a mess. I don't want my kids growing up like that so I try and be as relaxed as possible.
    This is exactly why I have to watch myself! My mum never stopped cleaning and tidying, she still does it when she stays with us.

So I try to limit myself to floors, kitchen and bathroom and be calmer about the rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like a clean, tidy house and if it gets really messy I get stressed but I'm not obsessive about it. I have a cleaner once a fortnight, so I make sure absolutely everything is in place before she comes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to be...

But with 3 kids and a full time uni degree and all the other commitments we have it's not possible for me to stress about housework! Its never disgraceful, but what I'd call lived in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to the house. As long as the kitchen is clean before I go to bed, the rest of the house gets done as needed. So bathroom/toilet are always clean, but the lounge room and playrooms normally look like the girls have moved in with their books/toys etc.
    We also don't have a dryer so our dining room normally has the clothes horse during winter, which drives me insane but can't really avoid it.

Once a month or so I get the urge to rip the house apart and start from scratch, but the order never lasts that long...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Kitchen must be clean before we go to bed - no dishes left in sink, benches wiped etc.

Apart from that, I'm not overly particular about anything. Our house is generally clean and tidy, but not what I'd call spotless.
    ^^ This is me. Generally a clean and tidy house, but not as squeaky clean as I'd like. Two young kids and a husband deserve my attention more than the constant ****** of housework. I aim for generally clean and tidy, and the kitchen sink MUST be clear of dishes before bed