+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,330
    Thanks
    5,647
    Thanked
    4,552
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default *SPINOFF* favourite Australian TV shows

    @LoveLivesHere inspired me with her post today. So what are your favourite Australian TV shows past and present?

    My absolute favourite tv show was puberty blues which ran for 2 seasons only a couple of years ago. It was the sharpest tv I've seen in a long time. Great writing, cast, cinematography, sets - it was spot on. Maybe it just resonated with me as it reminded me of my childhood but I loved it so much and was so sad it didn't rate well

    Other than that here are some I've really loved in no particular order:
    All Saints
    Wildside - fantastic Aussie drama
    Heartbreak High
    Masterchef
    The Hollowmen
    The Panel - such a gap in this genre. The project does not fill it.
    I Will Survive - this was the all men theatrical reality show recreating Priscilla scenes and journey a couple of years ago. Rated terribly. DH and I loved it.
    The Moodys

    Love to hear what your faves were/are!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,993
    Thanks
    5,353
    Thanked
    9,044
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Then:
    The Flying Doctors - can't believe I left that out of the other thread. Emma and Sam. Come in Oscar Sierra Something! I think it was Sierra Oscar Oscar.
    Wildside was fantastic.
    D-gen/The Late Show
    Seachange
    GP
    Police Rescue
    Brides of Christ

    Now:
    Rake

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

    Gentoo  (21-06-2016),gingermillie  (20-06-2016)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,993
    Thanks
    5,353
    Thanked
    9,044
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh and Glitch!

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

    Gentoo  (21-06-2016),gingermillie  (20-06-2016)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,543
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked
    2,308
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    @LoveLivesHere inspired me with her post today. So what are your favourite Australian TV shows past and present?

    My absolute favourite tv show was puberty blues which ran for 2 seasons only a couple of years ago. It was the sharpest tv I've seen in a long time. Great writing, cast, cinematography, sets - it was spot on. Maybe it just resonated with me as it reminded me of my childhood but I loved it so much and was so sad it didn't rate well

    Other than that here are some I've really loved in no particular order:
    All Saints
    Wildside - fantastic Aussie drama
    Heartbreak High
    Masterchef
    The Hollowmen
    The Panel - such a gap in this genre. The project does not fill it.
    I Will Survive - this was the all men theatrical reality show recreating Priscilla scenes and journey a couple of years ago. Rated terribly. DH and I loved it.
    The Moodys

    Love to hear what your faves were/are!
    If it didn't rate well why did they make 3 seasons? Agree it was fantastic though.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (20-06-2016)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,993
    Thanks
    5,353
    Thanked
    9,044
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Secret Valley!!!

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

    Gentoo  (21-06-2016),gingermillie  (20-06-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (21-06-2016)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,543
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked
    2,308
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Stuff I've liked in the past.

    Flying doctors
    All Saints
    A country practice
    Brides of christ

    A mini series called the Shiralee

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (20-06-2016),wobbleyhorse  (21-06-2016)

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,543
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked
    2,308
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Loved GP too.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (20-06-2016)

  14. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,993
    Thanks
    5,353
    Thanked
    9,044
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Stuff I've liked in the past.

    Flying doctors
    All Saints
    A country practice
    Brides of christ

    A mini series called the Shiralee
    Oh The Shiralee!!!

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,330
    Thanks
    5,647
    Thanked
    4,552
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    If it didn't rate well why did they make 3 seasons? Agree it was fantastic though.
    There were only 2 seasons sadly

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,330
    Thanks
    5,647
    Thanked
    4,552
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Stuff I've liked in the past.

    Flying doctors
    All Saints
    A country practice
    Brides of christ

    A mini series called the Shiralee
    Flying doctors! Yes!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Spinoff - when does it become okay to judge?
    By A-Squared in forum General Chat
    Replies: 399
    Last Post: 16-05-2016, 22:36
  2. Spinoff:
    By Jontu in forum Social Issues
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 11-03-2016, 19:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Ultimate SleepHad a wonderful, uninterrupted sleep? Luxury Australian made, hypoallergenic & machine washable products so everyone ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›