+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked
    391
    Reviews
    0

    Default 2nd miscarriage is 3 months

    I had an early miscarriage in March at 5 weeks. I started TTC again after a full cycle and conceived again in April. At 6w3d we had the first scan and all was good and baby had a strong heartbeat and measured spot on. I went for a follow up visit at 9w3d and no heartbeat could be found. Ob measured baby and believes it had died that day.
    Has anyone had similar where baby was first ok then later miscarried? If so, what was the cause? What did follow up testing after d&c reveal?
    Ob thinks baby may have died from an infection as I also had a series of false positive syphilis blood tests which couldn't be explained.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    626
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    288
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there. I'm very sorry for your losses. It's not a very nice experience.
    I have experienced some of the same things.
    My first pregnancy I miscarried at 5 weeks. Waited one cycle and fell pregnant the next. That pregnancy was going well, had a scan at 6 weeks and baby was good, went for another scan at 10 weeks and baby had died at 7+6, unfortunately because it was only my second miscarriage and through the public system they never did any testing.
    After this I ended up having multiple miscarriages/chemical pregnancies all before 5 weeks. I started to think I'd never get to have a baby.
    For me, I ended up starting to take baby aspirin after lots of research into APS (it is one of the most common causes for recurrent miscarriages). I did get tested for it but the tests came back negative, however my GP explained that it can be dormant and pregnancy can trigger it etc. turns out all my aunties have it too. It all started to make sense in my head, and even though I was never diagnosed with it, the month I started taking baby aspirin, I fell pregnant and I'm now 15 weeks and still taking the baby aspirin. Maybe it was a coincidence but I doubt it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    626
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    288
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never heard of false positive syphilis tests, I might have a Google and see what I can find.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    626
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    288
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi. I'm back again. Just found this in another thread. Will post the screen shot.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    626
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    288
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

    Fauvette  (18-06-2016)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    626
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    288
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    APS is anti phospholipid syndrome. I would perhaps ask your ob to do some further testing.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

    Fauvette  (18-06-2016)

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    551
    Thanks
    263
    Thanked
    204
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This happened to my sister in law. She had an early miscarriage and then got pregnant after one cycle, saw a heartbeat, and then lost the baby at 9 weeks. For her it was due to the placenta failing, and not related to the first one. She's now 37 weeks pregnant

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fi Poledancer For This Useful Post:

    Fauvette  (19-06-2016)

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked
    391
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by babymummatobe View Post
    Hi there. I'm very sorry for your losses. It's not a very nice experience.
    I have experienced some of the same things.
    My first pregnancy I miscarried at 5 weeks. Waited one cycle and fell pregnant the next. That pregnancy was going well, had a scan at 6 weeks and baby was good, went for another scan at 10 weeks and baby had died at 7+6, unfortunately because it was only my second miscarriage and through the public system they never did any testing.
    After this I ended up having multiple miscarriages/chemical pregnancies all before 5 weeks. I started to think I'd never get to have a baby.
    For me, I ended up starting to take baby aspirin after lots of research into APS (it is one of the most common causes for recurrent miscarriages). I did get tested for it but the tests came back negative, however my GP explained that it can be dormant and pregnancy can trigger it etc. turns out all my aunties have it too. It all started to make sense in my head, and even though I was never diagnosed with it, the month I started taking baby aspirin, I fell pregnant and I'm now 15 weeks and still taking the baby aspirin. Maybe it was a coincidence but I doubt it.
    Wow, I have just looked at some info on google and I will be making some inquiries into this asap. I never had any complications when I had my son just over 2 years ago but I seem to have had some of the symptoms so I will get looking into this as a priority just in case. The false positive syphilis tests appear to be related from the info I just saw...

    Thank you so much for sharing your info and experience!!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fauvette For This Useful Post:

    babymummatobe  (18-06-2016)

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    626
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    288
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauvette View Post
    Wow, I have just looked at some info on google and I will be making some inquiries into this asap. I never had any complications when I had my son just over 2 years ago but I seem to have had some of the symptoms so I will get looking into this as a priority just in case. The false positive syphilis tests appear to be related from the info I just saw...

    Thank you so much for sharing your info and experience!!
    You're more than welcome! Much of my research showed a link between false positive syphilis and auto immune diseases too so I would definitely get it check out ASAP. Best of luck to you. I hope they get to the bottom of this so you can have your much wanted Bub.

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked
    391
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by babymummatobe View Post
    You're more than welcome! Much of my research showed a link between false positive syphilis and auto immune diseases too so I would definitely get it check out ASAP. Best of luck to you. I hope they get to the bottom of this so you can have your much wanted Bub.
    Can I ask, was there any symptoms that made you think this is what you had?


 

Similar Threads

  1. TTC after miscarriage
    By Rachi321 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 14-03-2016, 06:34
  2. All About Miscarriage
    By Tildy in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-09-2015, 12:57
  3. TTC After miscarriage
    By JET09 in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 28-06-2015, 13:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Prams and StrollersLooking to buy a pram or stroller? :: Viewer reviews of prams :: Pram Buyers ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›