+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will add that we take our kids on several holidays. Our kids don't miss out. This year we have 6 trips away planned...all involve our kids. Family holidays are planned first, extra holidays are planned around the budget. DH and I had 7 years alone together before having a child...but over a decade in to this parenting gig, those breaks that happen every 12-18 months are amazing (and the older they get the easier it is to do it).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    To those leaving their kids with their partner for over a week, how do they manage it with work?

I'd really like to tell DH to go for a holiday but not sure how I'd manage the kids on my own with working 60 hrs week...

I feel like DH didn't get a good deal with his wife! ������
    It was over christmas when he had time off anyway and was with his parents. Also we have 5 days a week childcare but neither of us work 60 hours a week so that is tricky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To those leaving their kids with their partner for over a week, how do they manage it with work?

I'd really like to tell DH to go for a holiday but not sure how I'd manage the kids on my own with working 60 hrs week...

I feel like DH didn't get a good deal with his wife! 😳
    When I went to Bali last month the kids Dad took time off work/swapped shifts. When he goes away I do the same...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    I don't have a partner but my mum took 3 weeks annual leave so I could go overseas. I was overseas for 16 days then she stayed an extra night when I was back so I could have a night out with a few drinks. My dad couldn't cope with DS even though kiddo is a really great kid, one of the easiest I have ever come across especially now that he is older.

I couldn't ever go away if I didn't have the help I have. My parents share babysitting during the week and the weekends because I work night shift. Could you take leave so hubby can go and way?
    Last edited by Kaybaby; 18-06-2016 at 10:02.

Thanks
    Reviews

I feel like DH didn't get a good deal with his wife! 😳
    If I go away for a long weekend I get the kids Dad to take a day off work....say a Fri or Monday (or both 😉) Time out is far more important that working 😊. And of course it is reciprocated