+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    Can anyone help me out, what are your thoughts about doing a HPT whilst in the 2WW?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh man I do it all the time! What's your question @tanja895 ?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET June-July 2016

Hi tanja895
    I always like to do a HPT. I can't help myself. I do however wonder if it adds to my stress because you still never really know for sure until you get your blood results back. I'm always left wondering if it's actually a true result or have I tested too early. Arg the 2ww is the worst. Good luck with whatever you decide X

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET June-July 2016

Hi finnigan- I will definitely be awake and just a local with mild sedation to help me relax.

Hey mightymama - I've had 4 ultrasounds but I don't find them too bad now. After 8 stim cycles I feel like I could go them myself nearly lol

Hi tanja895, after all my IVF cycles I've never done a HPT (done heaps before and in middle if AF was late and wishful thinking kicks in) but never during IVF. I think my dr and nurses have told me the false positives and negatives that can happen and that scared me off but I do know he's of people do.

AFM - getting excited for EPU, feeling really positive. Thanks for all the good wishes xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by laugo View Post
    Hi finnigan- I will definitely be awake and just a local with mild sedation to help me relax.

Hey mightymama - I've had 4 ultrasounds but I don't find them too bad now. After 8 stim cycles I feel like I could go them myself nearly lol

Hi tanja895, after all my IVF cycles I've never done a HPT (done heaps before and in middle if AF was late and wishful thinking kicks in) but never during IVF. I think my dr and nurses have told me the false positives and negatives that can happen and that scared me off but I do know he's of people do.

AFM - getting excited for EPU, feeling really positive. Thanks for all the good wishes xx
    Good luck for EPU! Not long now...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Finnigan and Mightymama

Thanks for you response, but how early is too early to do a HPT post FET, is the 5thday after transfer (not sure what the abbreviation is for this) too early or would you at least get a very very very faint line if its positive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tanja895 View Post
    Hi Finnigan and Mightymama

Thanks for you response, but how early is too early to do a HPT post FET, is the 5thday after transfer (not sure what the abbreviation is for this) too early or would you at least get a very very very faint line if its positive?

Yikes! i have no idea how early to do post transfers, this is my very first ivf cycle. so would that be 10po total? I'd do one just because i like torturing myself but would be continuing to do them over the next few days and psycho-analysing everything. I am not by any means telling you to do the same but i have to be honest and that is what i would do, and no doubt what i will be doing in a couple of weeks haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi tanya895
    It depends if it was a day 2 or day 5 embryo. I believe some women do get faint positives on 5-6 days post 5 day transfer. Not sure about day 2 embryos but at a guess maybe 7-8 days post. But some don't get there positives until a few days later. Not sure if that info is much help. Hehehe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM today - just has phone call from scientist - EPU results - 12 follies, 10 were strong enough for ICSI. They are saying 5 are great, 5 are borderline. Still very happy with results as 6 is the most we've got xx fingers crossed for lots to fertilise I and divide xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to laugo For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    laugo that's great news. Well done. Hopefully they all progress to beautiful embryos