Closed Thread
Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls 😘 Thanks! Don't worry! all good 😉
    I am the "bad person" here! I did not say anything about VickyP' problem 😞 But I don't know what to say first time pregnant here so I do not have any experience ☚ī¸

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maz40 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (04-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no @Maz40. No bad people in here I understand though.. alot of the ladies in here ( except me and clucky14) are first time mums.. so 😘 you're in good company.

After this little bub of yours, you will have plenty of experience to share . Xo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Maz40  (04-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup @Maz40, no bad people in here. Only lovely ladies who support and understand each other! Don't worry about posting or not posting about something. We don't advocate censorship! thanks for thinking of me hun. I am just so grateful to @tjuls for even sharing her experience. Makes me feel I'm not alone in this tough journey.

We can't wait for your updates on this rather amazing journey!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Maz40  (04-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Thank you for the kind messages on Max's arrival!!

Well what a whirlwind week! Where to start?? Firstly Max is going great, we've had a few hurdles but are slowly getting there! He lost over his 10% birthweight in 4 days, my poor baby was starving! My milk has only just really come in yesterday! So we've been adhering to a strict feeding plan devised by the home visit midwives. We started out 10min boob feed each side, too up with 60ml formula (sooooo much for a new baby but it's did its magic) and then 10min expressing each side. We he gained back 200gm in the first 24hrs of starting formula! Today he's above birth weight at 4010gm! So we are now feeding 20min each side (it's killer pain and I'm having to use nipple shields which help somewhat but still so sore!), offering expressed milk from previous expression (usually 50-100ml) and topping up with formula if needed! My nipples are so sore, he's latching well but apparently I have nipple thrush so have to start meds for both him and I to get over that hurdle! Baby blues have hit hard and my sister had to leave for home yesterday so I'm quite the mess at the moment! But we are doing well and couldn't be more happier with him! I'm so in love!
    @tjuls yep my sister made it in time to see me pregnant, was at the birth and spend a few days with her nephew so it worked out perfect!
    @VickyP aaah you poor thing, little Jaime is having a hard time, breaks your heart huh biggest hugs to you lovely mummy, you are doing such a great job, he's lucky to have you as his mummy!! I hope the new formula does the trick!!
    @Maz40 welcome! Great bunch of ladies in here! Can't wait to follow your journey!
    @clucky14 wowee not long to go! I'm so excited for you!!
    @ABG79 and @OneOfTheseDays I hope you're both enjoying your bundles of cuteness! The days just fly by don't they!

If I've missed anyone I'm sorry, sleep deprived and swollen eyes have taken over lol

Here's a couple of pics, I don't care if that's wind....that grin owns my heart

IMG_1486261888.051963.jpgIMG_1486261900.233560.jpgIMG_1486261981.356728.jpg IMG_1486262003.454552.jpg

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (06-02-2017),Maz40  (06-02-2017),tjuls  (07-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh.... what a charmer Max is @onedaymaybebaby! I love that grin too. They always melt my heart... and I love that he's got a personalised bib. All babies lose weight after birth and now that Max has gained weight, it's all good. Thanks for sharing hun, he's the perfect bundle for the super mumma you are!

Breastfeeding is tough. Jamie latches on well but I'm still not producing enough milk despite medication and I can't understand why. And now that the formula is a problem, it pains me to know that I can't give the best to him but there's nothing much I can do, just hoping for the best.

After switching formula, he seems to be less fussy and sleeps a little better. Reflux is still there and the new formula is very watery so he spits up every now and then. The concern is his poop so we are going back to the hospital to see the PD again this evening. Tmi - his poop became very watery and more brown and explosive. It feels like he's having diarrhoea of sorts though not too serious so to play safe we will see the Dr again.

So glad your sister managed to spend some time with her cute nephew. It all worked out well. Baby blues suck but hang in there, it will get better soon! I hope the thrush clears up for you soon too. Hugs mummy! We are on a roller coaster journey together now!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (05-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Hun @VickyP, it's so funny we are all strangers but I really feel the support from you ladies! Thank you!

I hope you get on ok at the PD this evening! Keep us posted! Poor little tike, I really feel for him! And you guys too!

I get what you mean about wanting the best for them but hands being tied! We can only do what we can do! I had a call from the midwife this arvo and she had spoken with her unit manager and they decided they wanted me to see a gp today! My gp was closed by that time and I really didn't want to take him into a superclinic waiting room being only 6 days old! They suggested the home Dr service. Well she's just left and thinks I have thrush as well as Mastitis in both boobs! That explains the pain! I'm on antibiotics and topical nipple cream so aren't allowed to BF for 5 days they are happy for me to feed expressed milk but at this point I can't even do that cos it's too painful! Argh feeling like if it doesn't rain it pours. Hoping that this won't affect my supply after all the time and effort it took to come in!!

Would love to see some more bubby (and belly!) pics if you mummies are happy to share

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing @onedaymaybebaby! That must really hurt! thrush and mastitis, go away please!!!! Hang in there hun! It's a common problem so i dont think your supply will be affected much and I hope the meds give you some relief soon. Just do what you physically are able to without killing yourself with the pain! Mum's health is as important as baby's health.

I know what you mean - I love this thread. This is where I feel safe and supported. I love you ladies for keeping me afloat all the time when it's gets dark. This is what this thread is for, beyond the initial journey. Hope this cyber friendship continues for a long long time and we keep making new friends too.

So the trip to the PD. Turns out that we are still on the quest for the right formula. Yet another change as the precious EHF version had lactose and this one that we just got is an extensively hydrolysed casein formula. The Dr thinks the lactose caused the diarrhoea as Jamie's guts are still recovering from the allergy. My concern now is that this formula (if it works) is not available in Australia (its called Nutramigen) so we will be on the quest again when we get back. The formula apparently tastes quite bad compared to cows milk so poor Jamie! Thankfully he seems to be taking it without much complaints yet maybe because he's still so young so he doesn't know what's delicious or not! :P

Jamie is alot more settled. Less fussy overall so I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm sure you will too hun. It's a tough journey but we are all here for you! Sending you a big cyber hug and hope you get some good rest to recover soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's a photo of Jamie to share. He melts my heart even without trying... lol.
    Attached Images

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (06-02-2017),Maz40  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @onedaymaybebaby congrats on the arrival of Max he is divine! And thanks @VickyP of the pic of Jamie - so gorgeous. I need to catch up on everyone's posts! Sorry I've been MIA, I've been really struggling with my new role as mummy. I've had quite a few meltdowns and feelings of anxiety especially now my parents have gone and hubby back at work. I'm feeling so guilty for finding things so hard..
    How are the rest of you coping and how do you pull yourself together? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMG_1486333254.947723.jpg
    IMG_1486333296.871773.jpg

My gorgeous Lenny ❤ī¸

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

Maz40  (06-02-2017),Mod-Uniquey  (06-02-2017)