ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies! Welcome to the world Max Logan all 8lb 13oz and 56cm long

What a whirlwind 24hrs! My waters ended up breaking on their own at 9pm Sunday night after I did my last post on here! We were in hospital by 11.15pm and they were trying to convince me to continue to induce on arrival to help speed things up for bubs as I'm GBS+! Well the OB on shift did an internal, I was about 4cm dialated, she felt a pocket of fluid so broke that for me and instantly contractions started! It happened so quick! Went from 4-8cm dialated in 3hrs. I was in huge amount of pain which wasn't helped by the speed of it all, gas did nothing, in fact I hated it! Really spaced me out, gave me ringing in my ears, spinning, nausea etc..., pethidine did nothing and I ended up pleading for an epidural! The most wonderful anaesthetist gave me the best epidural, I literally felt nothing! I slept for the last hour or so before I had to start pushing. Pushed for about an hour, then OB had to intervene as bubs heart rate was decelerating too much. I had to have an episiotomy and ventouse to get him out. So it was a pretty intense labour and one I won't forget in a hurry but we are so in love with our little man!

IMG_1485781764.966203.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (01-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh!!!!! Welcome to the world cutie pie Max! He looks so divine @onedaymaybebaby! I'm so glad that you now have your little bubby safe in your arms. What a birth story. Am so glad both of you are safe. Just look at that cute button nose. He is so so cute!

Rest up well mumma and we can't wait to see more pics of Max on here!

How are you and bubby doing @ABG79 and @OneOfTheseDays? Thinking of you mummas too!

Hope work is kind to you @clucky14. Not that long to go now!
    @tjuls, any updates on scans and all? I miss all the pregnancy stories too! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG @onedaymaybebaby! He is so cute! congratulations!

Hopefully I can post a pic myself in August! (Fingers crossed) 10 weeks now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Maz40! Looking forward to updates from you!

Are you doing shared care or private OB? Harmony test in the pipeline?

Sorry for all the questions, it's been a while since we had new grads join us in conversation so I am excited that you have joined us! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl for you! We have had so many boys here! Lol
    Last edited by VickyP; 31-01-2017 at 18:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much @VickyP. I am with a private OB, I had my first appointment already 😀Tomorrow I got an appointment for the NIPT (I am little bit nervous to be honest) hopefully everything is going to be fine and Friday the 10 weeks US.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay to being on the journey @Maz40. Hope you have an uneventful pregnancy. NIPT was the easiest test, only the wait for the results was a torture. Lol. Let us know how it all goes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @onedaymaybebaby!! Welcome to the world Max!!

That's a great birthday story and it just made me certain that I'm going straight for the epidural as soon as I get admitted into hospital for the labour

You did though hun! I'm very proud of you. Was your sis with u for the birth?

Hello @Maz40
    Congratulations on reaching 10weeks. 2 more weeks til the first hurdle
    @VickyP. Had my On apptment yesterday.. everything is going well. Bub is the right size for my gestation (30w+5days). I just have to get the whooping cough vaccine before I head off to Hobart next week for work.

How is Thailand? Hope Jaime is doing well

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (01-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @onedaymaybebaby such a little cutie !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's everyone doing ? So nice to see all the cute babies arriving ! This heat has been horrible that's for sure my feet are not liking it so much pain in my feet this time around and the esxhaustion gosh I could sleep but then at night I struggle and wake every hour! I've got about 6 weeks to go now gosh it's coming up so fast!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls, it isn't that hot in Thailand after all compared to the summer heat over there surprisingly! Jamie's adapted to the time and place here so it isn't too bad except that we are still battling his silent reflux which isn't getting better unfortunately. I really hope he outgrows it soon. The poor fella can't sleep well at night and is always squirming around despite the Losec medication.

Yay to being 30+5. How quick! Can't wait for action on your end. Lol. I can't believe you are still travelling for work! Did you need a letter for the airline? Hope you aren't away for too long. At least Hobart will be cooler?

You poor thing @clucky14. On the brighter side, when bubby comes the weather will be cooler then. I know how uncomfortable it is during the last few weeks. Like you, I couldn't sleep well too. Hang in there hun and try to sneak in as much rest as you can. Easier said than done I know but I hope you get some good rest in the midst of the busyness before bubby arrives....

Hope all the new mummies are getting some rest too!