ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 93 of 100 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As for me, poor baby Jamie had been battling silent reflux for a week now. Poor guy. It makes him so uncomfortable. We saw the PD and he prescribed some Losec but it's relieves only a little of the acid pain not the reflux itself since its due to immature digestive system.

Yesterday was dramatic. We had to rush out to buy new baby formula for reflux because he wasn't feeding well at all and was constantly crying (ok actually screaming for 2 hours until he was hoarse). He seems better now and can feed better but he just did a big throw up after the last feed earlier.

Everyone says it's ok and that they will get better at the 3 months mark but it pains me to see him suffering. He doesn't look happy at all. Sigh. Really hoping he will get better soon.

The other not so good news - my MIL had a fall and got admitted into hospital and is not in great condition at the moment with health complications. We are now considering flying back to Thailand to see her so that she can see Jamie in case her health deteriorates but I am so not sure whether we should try to fly with Jamie at 6 or 7 weeks old. (And with reflux at play).

Such a dilemma. What would you ladies do?

:S

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no @VickyP I'm sorry to hear things have not been going so well for poor bubs (and you!) and to top it off with your MIL you must be feeling the stress! Gee if it doesn't rain, it pours huh! That's a tricky one, I would be reluctant to travel until bubs gets some immunity from 1st vaccinations, but totally understandable wanting to go to her side asap! Perhaps best to talk to your paed and get some advice with regard to the health of Jamie and flying at this age? We will be flying at approx 3.5mths with our bubs but obviously that's a lot further on! Let us know how you get on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @onedaymaybebaby. It helps to be heard by you ladies who understand. The silver lining is that Jamie is due to get his 6 weeks immunisations in 2 days. I think we might try to fly next week when he's 7 weeks. It's either we brave it or maybe live to regret it. It's affecting my DP alot so I guess I'll have to just try to support him any way I can. My MIL sounds worse by the day on the phone and one of my greatest regret was not heading home to see my grandfather before he passed away. We will ask the Dr too but at least once we get back we will have a PD right at home as my DH's cousin is a PD.

Reflux is so hard to battle. Poor guy can't sleep well and writhes around grunting and in turn we can't sleep well too. Hoping that he will outgrow it soon. Apparently all those cute hiccups were a sign of immature digestive system! At least he seems to be holding down his milk better now. Fingers crossed.

Now back to sleep... at least trying to.... yawn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that good timing with his vacc! And how perfect that DH cousin is a PD! With that said, I'm with you, I would fly next week! I'd baby wear him and just be ruthless with strangers and ask them not to touch him, you can get cute signs to put on their capsule on etsy that ask people not to touch them lol (google image Don't touch the baby), seriously something to think about!? Urrrgh you poor thing, hugs to your DH too!

Interesting re the hiccups! This little man prob gets them once a day for around 15mins....hopefully not a sign of things to come!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks hun! Yup, thinking of baby wearing him and just wing it! We will probably fly when he is 8 weeks so the week after just so we have more time to sort out his paperwork like passport and other preps.

Jamie was having up to 4 rounds of hiccups a day while he was still inside me. He still gets them frequently but he doesn't seem bothered although it's disconcerting to see his little body spasm with each hiccup iykwim.

Oh well, that's life huh. When lemons get thrown at you, you just have to try to get lemonade.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Had a hospital appointment yesterday and the obstetrician checked my cervix, I was 1cm dilated and he did a stretch and sweep.. overnight I lost my mucous plug so I'm hoping labour is not too far away! I'm feeling so uncomfortable so I'm ready !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow @ABG79 that's awesome! Why are they biting the bullet early for you (from memory you're a week behind me?) My OB won't even examine me down there until I'm overdue at 41+3, then we will start talking induction if necessary! Had our Appt today, bubs was being very lazy and wasn't moving as frequent as normal so I was put on the CTG monitor for 40mins or so, he must have been in a sleep cycle as they weren't totally happy at first, after a while he woke up and started moving better though! Also the little bugger has popped out again and is nowhere near engaged lol! I said to the midwife that I didn't feel like he was coming anytime soon, they agreed I'm feeling ok though, just tired but physically haven't reached the "over it" feeling! So you never know, your little one may make an appearance before ours! How exciting for you and hubby! Btw hope his back is feeling better? All the very best if you end up going into labour soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    @onedaymaybebaby they don't want me to go over due to the complications I've had, my age, my high risk of preeclampsia etc.. I'm so happy with the level of care at our new hospital, I'm happy for him to come now as I'm over it, I'll be 39 weeks on Monday. Hubby's back is on the mend, it's still not 100% though so hopefully it will be when Bub arrives.
    Glad to hear your feeling ok and not over it - I am! Xx ❤️

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome care on their behalf, I'm so happy for you! Eeek another couple of little ones will be joining the graduate ranks soon!!

I'm getting a bit curious as to how big our boy is going to be, both OB and midwives are saying repeatedly when palpating him "what a good healthy baby we have on board"....arrrgh hopefully not too big haha! My poor DF got a bit emotional/worried when I got put on the monitor today, I felt completely calm about it but he got quite worried. It was hard to see him tear up a bit, bless his little cotton socks

Thanks
    Reviews
    So nice to hear these stories!

I can't wait for your bubbies to make their appearances too @onedaymaybebaby and @ABG79. How exciting!

I agree that the care you got was superb @ABG79! Looks like your LO will make his grandfather entrance soon! Glad to know that your DH is on the mend as well, you will need all the help you can get in the first few weeks for sure!
    @onedaymaybebaby, looks like you might be having a chubby one. Lol. I know what you mean - my DH was so emotional too when Jamie came and was admitted into special care. He was so worried while I was completely chilled and probably half knocked out with the LA. It's your little precious one after all! Glad to know that your bubby was just being lazy during the CTG. I had one of those too. :P

Jamie had his 6 weeks immunisations today. I know! Where did the time go? He was a little traumatised by it and refused to let me put him down for the whole arvo and evening earlier. So I am aching like crazy now. Poor guy. I think he's also going through his Leap 1. You ladies heard of wonder weeks? Very interesting way of tracking developmental milestones and it does seem that he's going through what they said! Coincide with jabs - gosh, poor fella. It looks like we will be flying off next week once we get his passport. Planning underwater- having an infant is so so different when it comes to travelling! :S