Closed Thread
Page 92 of 100 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

Hi Everyone!!!

I hope everyone is feeling as well as you all can be in your current states, this weather is ridiculous! It's 44 out on the farm today, I live just out of Narrabri and it's crazy hot! The aircon is struggling so we've relocated to the lounge room to get Sophie to sleep. Getting her to sleep is the hardest task of our day/night. Once she's asleep at night around 9:30-10:30 she normally sleeps through until 5:30am which I'm stoked with but she struggles big time to get a decent sleep during the day so this heat is doing our head in! Hot house / hot baby / hot mummy (and not in the attractive sense either) is not a great combo at all! Blugh!!

Oh @VickyP he's adorable!! Thats THE best popping face ever!!!! I hope he's starting to settle better for you, it's so bloody hard hey when they don't sleep It's sounds like you're doing an amazing job!! Super mummy!! I'm not expressing much either due to the time factor and considering starting her on some formula to give her a decent top up.

On a side note, it's exactly 12 months today since we started the IVF injections!!! I still have the blue bag... lol! Such awesome memories, feeling the excitement of finally feeling like we were in with a chance to have a baby!!!

Congratulations @KittyCat!!! & much love to @onedaymaybebaby, @OneOfTheseDays @ABG79 & @clucky14!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (12-01-2017),onedaymaybebaby  (12-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep am definitely grateful for only half a summer to contend with @VickyP although in saying that feb/march in Melbourne can be pretty unruly Omg @MissTilly 44°!?! You poor things

Appt went well today, OB laughed and gave me a cheeky grin when I said that I'd had a dream that bubs was born 7lb7oz....he thinks I have a 'very healthy' Bub on board and is confident that he will surpass that lol! We shall see he also said he's engaged but that doesn't necessarily mean anything timewise. I'm not sure if he's moving up and down as I still feel like I'm carrying really high and haven't had any relief in my lungs or stomach yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG, 44 degrees! Yikes! I can imagine that it must be quite terrible @MissTilly, poor you and Sophie! My AC has been having a major workout. Sigh. Can't wait for the weather to get a little more decent.

Yup. Getting them to sleep is sometimes such an impossible task! And when they fuss you can't do much else that you want done! Or sleep for that matter! But can I say Sophie is dream being able to sleep through the night. I can't complain though. Jamie sleeps in 3-4 hour blocks at 5 weeks old so I'm grateful for it. Occasionally he fusses from 2am till morning so we always have to pray it doesn't happen as it means zero sleep for us both! Sleep deprived baby + sleep deprived parents are the worst combination I think. Lol. I decided not to stress about BF any more. Just not worth it given all the other things I have to worry about. If you have your PD or Dr or nurse's green light for formula, why not? Right now we are battling reflux. Poor Jamie.

That's so true @onedaymaybebaby. Melbourne weather is so yikes too! :P hope this year won't be too bad for you! Yay to baby being engaged, anytime now. I could feel baby drop at first too (my OB asked me did I feel it and I was like "what?! You mean he's dropped?? And he said "yup". I had NO idea). You start to feel it only after a few days. So close now! Woohoo! Can't wait to meet your little prince. 7-7 is huge. Jamie was only 6-6 but he's small. He's gained alot of weight though! Milk guzzler!

Another 38 degrees day here. Argh........

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (14-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Ladies!
    Sorry I've been MIA
    We moved over Xmas, doing rennos in our new house and I've been looking after my hubby who has injured his back.. and our air con has broken !!! it's been full on and I'm hot and exhausted and uncomfortable and VERY ready for our son to arrive! @vickP Jamie is DIVINE! I want to squeeze his gorgeous cheeks!
    I'm so happy with the new hospital we are now booked into. The level of care they have displayed compared to the Sydney hospital has been amazing. I'm so excited to be giving birth up here and be surrounded by such caring and kind midwives! I'm ready for the challenge and hope he comes soon!!
    I think tomorrow is going to be another hot day so keep cool everyone. Will catch up on the thread tomorrow and write a more personal post to you all xxxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (14-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear from you @ABG79! My goodness you have been busy! Make sure you look after yourself in the process pregnant mumma sorry to hear about hubby's back too! Hope it comes right soon - esp for your upcoming birth that's so great you are in your house, not so great about the aircon, you must be sweltering! Not sure about you but I'm definitely not coping with the heat as well as I normally would...aaah the joys of pregnancy lol! But from seeing what @VickyP and @MissTilly have to contend with, I think it's easier to have baby on board still lol! That's fantastic to hear about your new hospital! I was a bit nervous to change but LOVE my midwives that I see! Not long to go now for either of us...eeek all very exciting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone hope everyone is doing well! How bad has this heat been! I hope it goes down for a few days it's been horrible! I'm left with about 7 weeks to go now. And about 4 weeks of work left yay! Gosh I'm counting down to mat leave finding myself so tired all I want to do is sleep. Had a bit of bleeding the other day got very anoyed with by ob as I called to ask about it and was told they would get back to me and no one called me back! I ended up calling the office phone where I was diverted to the secretary and got the feeling I was being a pain! I made it clear I had been waiting for a call back and was not impressed ! Next day midwife called me she was lovely but I'm guessing they got her to call as they got my impression of being bloody anoyed ! Don't appreciate the fact that I've paid a fortune to have this doc and my one phone call about a concern was given the response we were going to call you tomorrow ! I was told in the end the following day that it sounds like old blood but still would have been nice to know that the night before. Have our checkup tomorrow so wondering if I should say something about not being happy about it or just leaving it ? I guess I just had a higher expectation!

Thanks
    Reviews

That's terrible @clucky14! I think for any medical professional to have that attitude then that's pretty negligent-makes it worse that you've spent all that $$! I'd definitely say something to your OB today! My hospital drills it into you to call at the slightest concern, they'd rather be safe than sorry and never delay or make you feel silly for calling! Let us know how you get on!

All good here, 39 weeks today! So hard to get my mind around the fact that I'll have a baby in the next couple of weeks eeeeek! Have been enjoying our lovely low 20s temps the last couple of days but we are back up to 37° tomorrow we've been lucky for the most part here in Melbourne this summer in that it's usually only been a few warmer days then we get a couple of dramatically lower ones to cool off again! Long may that continue!Nesting is in full swing, the house is being cleaned from top to bottom! Everything is bring washed within an inch of its life haha! Made a fabric covered shelf for the bottom of our bassinet, seemed so pointless having wasted space, so now there's a couple of baskets with blankets/sleeping bags and the essentials! (The balloons are in there to deter the cats )

Hope everyone is doing well

IMG_1484513475.346223.jpgIMG_1484513490.613841.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great job with bottom shelf...I had this bassinet it's great and one recommended most.

Just so you know you can take it apart and it washes well in bra wash bags and also cover of little mattress is also washable as it zips off.

Butterfly

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly Baby For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (16-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Butterly Baby - yep it all got washed before it was put together

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Yay to moving and settling in for you @ABG79! Good on you! It must have been so busy and frantic so I hope the dust settles very soon! Bugger about the broken down AC. I can imagine how uncomfortable that is. Hopefully bubby won't have too many hot days to contend with! Hope your DH gets over his back problems soon too. He will need all the strength to coax baby! Lol.

That sounds horrible @clucky14. Hope you get a decent apology at the very least. My OB office was also very on the ball and always saying better to be safe than sorry so call if in slightest doubt! They have been so reassuring and nice about it all. Hope the stress stays low for you!

Eeeks! 39 weeks @onedaymaybebaby! The countdown begins! I can't wait to see your little one! And can I say you are so so crafty! Look at the shelf. I wasn't this nesting. Gave stuff a good wash but rested alot more than clean the house back then. Haha. Wished I had more time for cleaning now. Unbelievable how time flies these days!

Good tip @butterflybaby!

And super thinking of you @OneOfTheseDays. Xoxo.