Closed Thread
Page 91 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wishing you all the bet for tomorrow @OneOfTheseDays will be thinking of you.im good thanks just had two weeks off work over Christmas back next week though for a few more weeks then on mat leave in about 6 weeks. My last bt showed low iron so been working on getting that up and I've had such sore ankles and insomnia ahhh but I just keep thinking 9 weeks to c section so not too long to go I suppose . I'm looking forward to it but also stressing as with my little girl had a traumatic birth mostly reason for my elective c sect this time also worrying how I will cope with two 😳 But I'm sure it will work out some how !
    Quote Originally Posted by OneOfTheseDays View Post
    Hi Ladies, @VickyP - how are you going my lovely? Any updates on you and the little man? I hope feeding is becoming less stressful for you both. @clucky14 - how are things tracking for you? @KittyCat - one of the hard things about Primary is that any deviation from their regular protocol kinda means you are on your own. I came to Primary from Monash and they allowed me to continue on the Bondi protocol I'd been given at Monash, but once I got my BFP they didn't give me ANY advice on continuing the medication. I was lucky enough to have a GP that had a good relationship with a FS who was happy to advise on when he thought I should stop the clexane and pred. I used this information along with lots of other research I did myself to decide when to come off the meds. It was scary, but I did it! @onedaymaybebaby - wow - nearly there!! Seems like only yesterday I was reading about your BFP and you being one of the first Primary BFPs in Melbourne! Wishing you lots of positive vibes in anticipation for the arrival
    Update from me.....
    I'm back in the hospital as the preeclampsia went full blown. It was decided today that we will have our baby girl tomorrow - eeek!!! I'm 34 weeks today so she will still need to spend a few weeks in the special care nursery, but there is no reason to believe she won't be ok for being a few weeks prem. I'm kinda freaking out at the thought that she is finally going to be here and all the drama of this pregnancy will be over! Mixed emotions too as we will also be meeting our son who will be born sleeping. Just praying all goes well with the birth (attempting a vaginal birth, but may end up in c-section because of the preeclampsia and the complications of having to also deliver our son). Any prayers or blessings you can send us will be much appreciated - and of course, I'll keep you all updated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneOfTheseDays, I'm late in the game but I am praying that everything is going well for you lovely. I agree that it's been such a ride for you with all the complications and drama so I really hope and pray that today will be uneventful for you. Bugger the PE - it's really not needed at this point but I know your positivity and strength will trump it all!

Sending you lots of love and prayers. It's both exciting and nerve wrecking I know but your little girl will be just divine and I am sure she will be strong and healthy! I also pray that you get some time with your sleeping boy. Such a bitter sweet moment but you are going to be great parents. Can't wait for your updates but please rest well and take your time to recuperate from such a big event. Know that we are all here for you my love!

Xoxo
    Last edited by VickyP; 07-01-2017 at 14:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for me, nothing much to report on. Just exhausted but looking at baby gives me the strength to plough on. It's Jamie's first month milestone today (having been born 7 Dec). Bitter-sweet cos my mum has gone back and we are now on our own and he's not wanting to be settled since 2am last night.

Just taking one day at a time. I'm now on medication for BF prescribed by the PD. Seems to have some improvement because Jamie is latching on for longer periods now but I am so exhausted that I have cut back on the expressing as it's just taking alot of time. He's still on formula top up so will have to monitor and see. He's growing too fast though- already gained 1kg since birth and 7cm in length! Outgrown his size 0000 clothes! Geez!

I'm so excited for you too @onedaymaybebaby. Not long now and please pamper yourself and get all the rest you can now! Can't wait for your precious bundle to arrive too.
    @KittyCat, sorry I also can't help as I wasn't on those medications. But if one thing motherhood has taught me so far - trust your instincts. You know more that you think you do for sure. Good luck with it!
    @clucky14, I know! 2! But I think your instincts will guide you along just fine. Hope you get some help and support from family too. Bugger the low iron. Hope that comes up nicely and you get to grab some rest even with your LO now. Hang in there!
    Last edited by VickyP; 07-01-2017 at 14:43.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (07-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG, it's a 40 degrees day in Sydney. Hope you ladies are finding ways to stay cool! My energy bill is going to shoot through the roof this month as I have the AC turned on pretty much almost 20 hours a day (maybe 24 today!) as it is too warm for bubby to sleep comfortably. Darn the swaddle. Even with muslin, it can get too hot. I am rationalising that the extra energy bill is buying me time and sanity! Lol. :P

How are you ladies going? Thinking of everyone....

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's awful isn't it @VickyP we had a number of mid 30 days last week and it just about killed me. Our power bill is going to be massive with having the portable aircon in our room where bubs will be but it's worth every cent! It's just too hot without it! 38 Week OB Appt here tomorrow, all the practice contractions and things that I've been getting over the past weeks have stopped, maybe it coincides with being off work and able to rest more? So nothing to report here, very tired and irritable today, not sure why? I feel quite comfortable considering how far along I am and am getting good sleep lol! Hope your bubby is settling a bit better and BF is improving!

Thinking of everyone, esp @OneOfTheseDays

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

Had my first OB appointment today (8 + weeks) and the doc asked me if I wanted to go caesar or natural. I hadn't thought that far as I've been focusing on not miscarrying and nothing else! I'll be 40 when I deliver. The doc told me caesar is the way to go when you've had IVF but I'm undecided at this stage. It's my first. Thoughts?
    Last edited by KittyCat; 11-01-2017 at 21:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done on your first Appt @KittyCat! This is my first too so don't have experience of birthing but I find that question from the OB a really odd thing to ask you? Unless you have a medical reason, or prior birth complications to have a c section, why is ivf indicative of needing one? Did he elaborate more? Maybe I'm just ignorant and there is info out there to suggest they're warranted, but to me that is so bizzare? I guess it's what you are comfortable with, I am trying for natural as no one has suggested otherwise or given me any reason to think I can't have bubs naturally but that's just me. However he arrives, so long as we are both safe I don't mind! Would be interested to hear what others think on this! At least you've got time up your sleeve to come to the best decision for you and your bubs!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (11-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @onedaymaybebaby, I meant to say I'll be 40 when I deliver! She said seeing as I worked so hard to get to that stage, a caesar is much more planned and relaxed. I didn't think I had a choice either. Although I'm overweight and old. But she didn't say anything about those factors. It is bizarre. So you didn't get a choice?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KittyCat For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (11-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess age is something to consider, but so long as you have a healthy pregnancy I can't see why a natural birth wouldn't be an option for you. No I never got a choice, I'm 32 and a bit bigger than "normal" but have never had a c section mentioned other than in our hospital birth class where they cover all scenarios in case they should arise. I've been under 2 hospitals too (I got to transfer to a closer hospital at around 26 weeks-my initial preference as they had an opening) and neither have mentioned it. For me I'd be more worried about healing afterwards as opposed to the pain at the time in a natural birth, but as I say if it has to happen, I'm open to anything. @VickyP has recently had one so she may be able to share her experience on pain/healing/recovery etc...

As you say it's early days and something you won't have even had a chance to think of, hopefully you'll get a gut feeling, trust your instincts and of course take into account the advice of your OB...they are the professionals so hopefully she has your best interests at heart

13. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (11-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies! Melting in the heat! @onedaymaybebaby, at least you have half a summer to battle with? Lol. So glad all is fine with you! Last 2 weeks! Hooray!
    @KittyCat, that is bizarre. I agree with @onedaymaybebaby. For me I didn't get a choice either. Having had previous surgery before I can't do natural vaginally birth hence the planned caesar. I don't think age and IVF are necessarily the reasons for caesar though. Never heard of that. In my case, I had multiple fibroids removed via open surgery so OB wanted to avoid labour in case old wounds are affected. I think in most cases, natural is preferred over caesar unless there are medical reasons.

As for healing, it wasn't too bad. But then I have had surgery before and the pain post birth was easier than post surgery! Maybe because I had fibroids scars then. So nope, not too bad although you have to be a careful post caesar about household chores etc. I do have stairs at home so on some days, when I strain too much, it hurts a little. Overall, it's not too bad but I don't have experience with natural birth to compare.

Maybe have a think about it before you decide? I think most Dr's prefer natural though if you physically can.

And yay to being on the the 40 week journey!

Thinking of you ladies too @OneOfTheseDays, @ABG79 and @clucky14. And @MissTilly and gorgeous Sophie too.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (12-01-2017),onedaymaybebaby  (12-01-2017)