Closed Thread
Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, just thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing?
    I've been admitted again to the hospital for monitoring...sigh....Blood pressure is back up and I've had some bleeding so they are wanting to keep a closer eye on me and bubs. So far we are still good, but they are talking about delivering early because of all the complexities of this pregnancy. It's emotionally tough because part of me just wants this all to be over, but at the same time, I want to give our little girl the best start in life - and that means cooking her for as long as I can! I'm 33+2 today, so I just have to be patient just a little bit longer and wait and see what happens I guess.
    Anyway, enough about me - how is everybody else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs @OneOfTheseDays! Hope the BP is back to normal now. I know what you mean. When I had my c section, part of me also wondered whether I should have tried to wait for a week or 2 especially when bubby struggled with breathing difficulties and jaundice, both of which are commonly associated with early births. I wasn't that early at 38 weeks but doubts still come and mess with your head. Sending you and bubby lots of love - you are already giving her the best and that's all that matters. She already has a headstart having you both as parents. I hope you get to go home soon but rest up and be taken care of by the med team!

I'm OK. Super sleep deprived. Still struggling with breastfeeding that I had a meltdown with DH last night. Simply not producing more milk and struggling to pump. Bubby isn't always wanting to latch on and I don't know whether it's because there's not enough milk or he's got mild tongue tied. It's now been mentioned by both PD (when we were still in hospital and he didn't think it was serious enough) and the health nurse. Health nurse thinks it's causing him not to breastfeed properly (although he does latch on and sucks but i can't hear big swallows) so we might ask for a referral to get it investigated further. Bubby is happy on formula though and drinking way too much I think but I had always expected to BF so it's emotionally very rough for me.

I'm not going to sugar coat it. Parenting is tough. Constantly worried about bubby (with every sound and grunt he makes) and nothing you read prepares you for it. But my heart melts every time I see him, and I just want the best for him. He's just the cutest thing around.

Happy 2017 ladies. It's been such a whirlwind 2016 for all of us. Here's hoping that this year will be full of awesomeness and love for everyone!

ETA: that's bubby' facial expression when pooping. He always makes this face when he's trying to poop and is super focused on his task. Thought it was too funny not to share. Lol.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by VickyP; 01-01-2017 at 16:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness @VickyP - he is divine!!
    Gosh, the breastfeeding thing can be tough can't it? Sounds like you are doing your best though lovely and please don't beat yourself up about having to top up with formula feeds. That said, I know how important breastfeeding can be (to both mums and bubs) so it's worthwhile persevering if you can. It is very rare that mum can't produce enough milk, however, you might be right about the tongue tie. If you can afford it, I would recommend hiring a lactation consultant to come and see you and bubs. As great as midwives, doula's, MCN's etc can be with breastfeeding advice, sometimes they offer conflicting opinions and they aren't always there for you to answer questions you might have. A lactation consultant can usually get to the bottom of the issue and can really help with positions and latching etc. I really do think they are a worthwhile investment if you are able to. You can find a local LC by visiting the LCANZ website here: http://www.lcanz.org/find-a-lactation-consultant
    Sending lots of love and milky vibes to you and bubba! xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (04-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww too cute @VickyP just adorable!
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    Hugs @OneOfTheseDays! Hope the BP is back to normal now. I know what you mean. When I had my c section, part of me also wondered whether I should have tried to wait for a week or 2 especially when bubby struggled with breathing difficulties and jaundice, both of which are commonly associated with early births. I wasn't that early at 38 weeks but doubts still come and mess with your head. Sending you and bubby lots of love - you are already giving her the best and that's all that matters. She already has a headstart having you both as parents. I hope you get to go home soon but rest up and be taken care of by the med team!

I'm OK. Super sleep deprived. Still struggling with breastfeeding that I had a meltdown with DH last night. Simply not producing more milk and struggling to pump. Bubby isn't always wanting to latch on and I don't know whether it's because there's not enough milk or he's got mild tongue tied. It's now been mentioned by both PD (when we were still in hospital and he didn't think it was serious enough) and the health nurse. Health nurse thinks it's causing him not to breastfeed properly (although he does latch on and sucks but i can't hear big swallows) so we might ask for a referral to get it investigated further. Bubby is happy on formula though and drinking way too much I think but I had always expected to BF so it's emotionally very rough for me.

I'm not going to sugar coat it. Parenting is tough. Constantly worried about bubby (with every sound and grunt he makes) and nothing you read prepares you for it. But my heart melts every time I see him, and I just want the best for him. He's just the cutest thing around.

Happy 2017 ladies. It's been such a whirlwind 2016 for all of us. Here's hoping that this year will be full of awesomeness and love for everyone!

ETA: that's bubby' facial expression when pooping. He always makes this face when he's trying to poop and is super focused on his task. Thought it was too funny not to share. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, just been discharged from Primary IVF after my dating scan showed I'm 7 weeks and 3 days pregnant and all is looking good. Upon discharge my FS said to stop the Clexane, Progesterone pessaries and to half my 25mg Prednisolone for a week and then stop from tomorrow. I'm a bit concerned this might lead to miscarriage as I read that you're supposed to continue the Bondi Protocol until 12 weeks. I went to see my GP who agreed to stop everything. I don't know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (We have a full DQ match, I have high natural killer cells and will be 40 next May. Been TTC for 2 years.) Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi congratulations on your pregnancy . Everyone is advised different on their situation. In my situation I was told to stop medicatiob also but earlier once I got my blood test to confirm I was pregnant as my levels were high enough they believed I didn't need pessaries anymore . I would go with what they suggest but if you feel uneasy maybe contact them
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
    Hi all, just been discharged from Primary IVF after my dating scan showed I'm 7 weeks and 3 days pregnant and all is looking good. Upon discharge my FS said to stop the Clexane, Progesterone pessaries and to half my 25mg Prednisolone for a week and then stop from tomorrow. I'm a bit concerned this might lead to miscarriage as I read that you're supposed to continue the Bondi Protocol until 12 weeks. I went to see my GP who agreed to stop everything. I don't know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (We have a full DQ match, I have high natural killer cells and will be 40 next May. Been TTC for 2 years.) Thank you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (04-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, haven't been on here much lately, doing lots of napping since finishing work lol!!
    @OneOfTheseDays hope you are doing better, are you still in hospital?
    @VickyP your boy is so cute, love that concentration face! Hope you are getting a bit of relief on the BF front?
    @KittyKat well done on getting discharged! Hope you are feeling well and you haven't suffered any MS yet! I'm sorry I have no knowledge on your situation, hopefully someone else on here can help you out!

37 week midwife appt for me today, nothing major to report, lots of discharge and getting some contractions over the last couple of weeks and thought I had a bloody show the other day but nothing since...hopefully my body is just getting some practice in

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (05-01-2017),VickyP  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, @VickyP - how are you going my lovely? Any updates on you and the little man? I hope feeding is becoming less stressful for you both. @clucky14 - how are things tracking for you? @KittyCat - one of the hard things about Primary is that any deviation from their regular protocol kinda means you are on your own. I came to Primary from Monash and they allowed me to continue on the Bondi protocol I'd been given at Monash, but once I got my BFP they didn't give me ANY advice on continuing the medication. I was lucky enough to have a GP that had a good relationship with a FS who was happy to advise on when he thought I should stop the clexane and pred. I used this information along with lots of other research I did myself to decide when to come off the meds. It was scary, but I did it! @onedaymaybebaby - wow - nearly there!! Seems like only yesterday I was reading about your BFP and you being one of the first Primary BFPs in Melbourne! Wishing you lots of positive vibes in anticipation for the arrival
    Update from me.....
    I'm back in the hospital as the preeclampsia went full blown. It was decided today that we will have our baby girl tomorrow - eeek!!! I'm 34 weeks today so she will still need to spend a few weeks in the special care nursery, but there is no reason to believe she won't be ok for being a few weeks prem. I'm kinda freaking out at the thought that she is finally going to be here and all the drama of this pregnancy will be over! Mixed emotions too as we will also be meeting our son who will be born sleeping. Just praying all goes well with the birth (attempting a vaginal birth, but may end up in c-section because of the preeclampsia and the complications of having to also deliver our son). Any prayers or blessings you can send us will be much appreciated - and of course, I'll keep you all updated!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (06-01-2017),onedaymaybebaby  (06-01-2017),VickyP  (07-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

Hi @OneOfTheseDays, thanks for the advice. Yep you're right, they told me to stop everything. So I'm self medicating! Lol! My plan is to wean off the Pred by 5mg each week, half the pessaries each day and continue the Clexane until I see my obstetrician. 8 weeks tomorrow and still pregnant so far!

Oh wow! Tomorrow is the big day! Very mixed emotions for you, sadness yet happiness... I can't even imagine how you must feel. I'll be thinking and praying for you. Wishing you the best of luck and sending you a big cyber hug.
    Last edited by KittyCat; 06-01-2017 at 17:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneOfTheseDays-oh hunny what a huge day for you tomorrow. I know it will be bittersweet but I hope you get to spend some quality time with your little boy sleeping too. I will be thinking of you all and sending you every ounce of positivity and goodness. Sorry to hear that the PE has gone full blown, arrrgh you really have had more than your fair share of complications throughout your pregnancy. Just shows what a strong woman you are! Take it easy, your emotions are bound to be all over the place for quite some time I'd imagine. Talk to people close to you and ask for help if you need it. We are here of course if you need and can't wait for your update but also take your time with your family to experience everything that being a new Mummy brings. I wish you all the very best on your new journey, biggest blessings to you all sweetheart! You've got this!!! Much love and hugs xxxx