Closed Thread
Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear @OneOfTheseDays I'm so sorry to hear this. Please stay positive for ur darling princess who will arrive blessed and healthy ❤️ xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneOfTheseDays sending you so much love and light through this heartbreaking time you and your hubby are experiencing. Also wishing you nothing but the best for the remainder of your pregnancy. Thanks for sharing with us, I hope we can offer you love and support whenever you need it xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @OneOfTheseDays my heart breaks for you I'm so sorry to hear about your little boy. Sending you, your hubby and baby girl the softest hugs and love! You are being so incredibly strong and positive, this will shine through to your baby girl who as others have said, will arrive in your arms perfectly! Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everybody - your support and prayers mean so much and are genuinely felt and appreciated! You are a very special bunch of women 😊
    Hope you are all doing well xx

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (24-12-2016),onedaymaybebaby  (22-12-2016),VickyP  (24-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last day of work tomorrow, a bit sad to be honest lol! I'm so excited to become a Mum but it will be weird not being at work!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (24-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @onedaymaybebaby happy commencement of maternity leave! I love not working and having time before Bub arrives ❤️

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (25-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @ABG79! I guess it hasn't hit me yet, just feels like normal Xmas break

Merry Christmas ladies, I hope you had a great time with your bumps! And to @VickyP and @MissTilly I hope you had the best first Christmas with your new babes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lovely ladies! Merry merry Xmas and may you bask in the love from your family and friends!

Yay to start of mat leave @onedaymaybebaby! Woohoo! Now the pampering needs to start - trust me on that. I think we focus so much on baby that we neglect ourselves (and our darling partners). I know for a fact that I was thrilled when I get presents meant for me and not baby! Oops. Jealousy there! But I am so grateful for family and friends who know that we mums struggle alot when babies come and need all the pampering and love we can get! Remember to treat yourself well!

Baby Jamie has been a tad cranky these last few days. He's drinking way too much milk (he's been on BM and formula top up since his jaundice episode) and I'm still not producing enough milk to wean him on to BM totally so most of his daily feed is actually formula. It's a catch 22 situation and I am now thinking of seeing a lactation consultant. He does latch on pretty well when he wants to but he tends to be impatient and the nipple confusion doesn't help at all. I'm doing some breastfeeding (as much as I can and as much as he is willing to take), pumping like mad but my supply isn't increasing quick enough. Sigh. PD says his weight gain is a little too fast (he's gaining 400g a week!) But he seems happy and really enjoys his milk so I am not sure what to do?!?!

He's also started exhibiting some signs of colic - crying for no reason, screaming, cannot be settled to sleep etc at certain times of the day. We are trying every method we have read up on so wish us luck!

Have a health nurse visit tomorrow so hopefully it will shed more light on what's happening.

Oh, and some stuff to share:
    - bring nice nighties in your hospital bag and own pillow like @MissTilly said. So worth it. And big baggy hoodie saved me when my boobs got engorged as the milk came in. I swear they hurt more than my c section wound on Day 3.
    - formula: I was advised to get Aptamil Gold by hospital and PD. We had bought Nan at home but baby developed rash from it. Midwives said S26 had the worst tolerance level in babies as they often vomited or had some allergy. We switched back to Aptamil from Nan after 3 days.
    - nappy rash cream. I had bought a whole tub of Sudocrem only to have the PD tell me that Bephathen cream worked better (and it's true!)
    - wet wipes wise: water wipes from Coles worked a dream. Hospital used Red Noses and it gave Jamie nappy rash because it was quite harsh. Best was using cotton wool balls with warm water at home. Makes nappy changes more pleasant for everyone. Lol.

If I think of anything else I will let you ladies know. Everyday is like a box of chocolates these days, you never know what you will get. Lol.
    -
    Last edited by VickyP; 27-12-2016 at 11:27.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (02-01-2017),onedaymaybebaby  (29-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you went well at your appt @VickyP and they could give you some useful advice for baby Jamie! Newborns are funny little creatures aren't they! Looks like you're doing an amazing job at trying to work it all out! Good work Mumma! Thanks for the advice too!

I'm slowly melting here in Melbourne, it's horrible! We are renting and landlord won't put cooling in! Even with lots of fans going the inside temp is getting up to 32° . Haven't been able to get our bedroom (where bubs will be with us) under 28° so I'm slightly freaking out! So we bought a portable aircon unit today that will hopefully work in there. The rest of the house is too open plan for a portable unit to work so we are just going to have to cope as best we can.....might end up living in my bedroom this summer lol!!
    @ABG79 how did your house move go??

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear @OneOfTheseDays I hope you are doing ok

15. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (01-01-2017)