Closed Thread
Page 88 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone hope you are all doing well ! A few hot days ahead in Sydney Pregnancy insomnia is back I've been wide awake since 3am 😩😩😩 my feet are aching and I feel so tired during the day I could fall asleep at my desk at work! Concentration at work is at a all time low 😂 I'm at 26 and half weeks now . Have the glucose test and blood test end of the week which I'm not looking forward to. I've decided to have an elective c section this time round with Bub 2.!had a bit of a traumatic natural birth first time round so doing things different this time which is also little scary. I'm feeling baby moving a lot lately which is nice I think that's the only part in pregnancy I enjoy 😂 Looking forward to meeting our little one but I also can't believe how fast time has flown this time either !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lovely ladies!

Baby is now sleeping with me - checks have shown his breathing to be normal, no infection (they had to run all the tests to make sure there wasn't an underlying problrm) and jaundice is almost gone. Bilirubin levels are acceptable so and if all goes well by this evening, we will be home tomorrow. Yippee!

It's been such a whirlwind few days - gosh! The first few days were easy as I didn't have to look after baby over the night but it's been one learning experience for 2 nights! I think I might start a diary just to share what I have been through (when I get time to jot down my thoughts).

Oh, @onedaymaybebaby, that sounds and feels so near and real! I'm so excited for you although I hope bubby stays put for a few more weeks and be really well cooked! Given my experience with SCN, best to avoid it if possible! Little one, grow up strong and big for mumma! Please let us know how the scan goes and you sound like you are super ready - yay!!!!

Oh BTW, apparently using normal digital thermometers under baby's armpits are more accurate according to the nurse so, so much for the fancy forehead one I bought too! I also use normal detergent for laundry but mine is for sensitive skin and according to the label can be used for babies. I got a sample of the Comfort laundry liquid from my hospital welcome pack but I can't say how good it is until I've tried it.

Hang in there @clucky14! I hope the next few weeks fly by for you! Argh - the dreaded GTT, we know how that feels!

Having been through only an elective c section, I can't compare - I can say that I thought I had more control about outcomes. But nope, things didn't go as planned because bubby ended up in SCN. Lol. Do what you feel best. I am grateful for everything regardless of how it turned out and my OB and pedi have been so fantastic that I wouldn't have done otherwise so go with what your gut tells you I say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, no more pains today but a lot more mucous plug with blood! Just keeping an eye on it!

Yep I stayed away from the forehead one @VickyP as heard they are too inaccurate! Went with a trusty ear one like the gps use, given that we are going to be in the height of summer I couldn't be bothered struggling with a hot sticky baby and attempting to do the armpit one lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh... that sounds like there will be some action soon @onedaymaybebaby! I am very excited for you but at the same time I am hoping that bubby stays inside baking for as long as possible! When Jamie was in SCN, there were a couple of premmie babies in there and I felt so much for them and their parents. I could tell that it wasn't easy to get discharged without your baby in your arms. So I want your bubby to arrive healthy and strong and straight into your arms hun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear all going well @VickyP 😜😜 ah I'm at my glucose testing this morning two hours of fun ahead 😂 Hope everyone has a lovely weekend !!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (16-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who knows @VickyP I had this a couple of weeks back and nothing happened! Just had a few niggly cramps since weds but that's it! Have a week of work to go, I'm ready to stop lol I'm feeling it now! Hope he holds on until next year at least

Are you and Jamie at home now? Hope you're enjoying every second with your wee man!
    @clucky14 how did you go today? I found it wasn't that bad other than sitting around for a couple of hours....boring lol!
    @OneOfTheseDays hope you are doing well, been thinking of you and sending you good thoughts xx
    @ABG79 how are you tracking along? Hope everyone else is doing well too!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (19-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It wasn't too bad just the three blood tests ouch my arms hurt in the end haha and that syrup wasn't too bad but this afternoon I had a major energy low and slept when my three year old did I woke up three hours later ! I finding I don't have much energy at all lately suspecting my iron will be low . I'm at 27 weeks now I can't believe how fast the time is going ![QUOTE=onedaymaybebaby;8622388]Who knows @VickyP I had this a couple of weeks back and nothing happened! Just had a few niggly cramps since weds but that's it! Have a week of work to go, I'm ready to stop lol I'm feeling it now! Hope he holds on until next year at least

Are you and Jamie at home now? Hope you're enjoying every second with your wee man

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies. So sorry I've not been posting the last few weeks - I've been dropping in to see how everyone is, but I've not wanted to post as it's been a really tough few weeks for us. As you know, there have always been concerns with the health of our son, and sadly, our little boy has grown his angel wings and left us The short story is that he was very sick and his placenta then began to fail. At 28 weeks we were told that he was now in a critical condition and they could deliver to try and save him, but he would be very sick and even if he did survive he was likely to have a very poor quality of life as he had heart problems (and was already showing as notreactive on the CTG), was measuring small (more like 24 weeks) and was confirmed Down Syndrome (none of which were necessarily a problem on their own, but combined it was a bad mix). Of course, delivering then would have also put our perfectly healthy daughter at risk as 28 weeks is still very premature. After many tears and much praying, we decided to let nature take its course and not to deliver and he passed away a few days later.
    There are so many reasons to collapse in a heap right now, but we need to stay positive and prepare for the blessing of our daughter. So far she is still healthy and happy on the inside, so I need to try and stay pregnant for as long as possible. The passing of her brother shouldn't affect the rest of the pregnancy, it just means that she will be born first, followed by her sleeping brother.
    So, with that out the way, I'd just like to say that I am thinking of you all and I'm so pleased to see the safe arrivals for @MissTilly and @VickyP. Seeing the beautiful chubby bubba photos reminds me that we will soon be blessed with our daughter and that is something to stay positive about! Much love to you all. xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg @OneOfTheseDays, I'm so so sorry, I had no idea! This is so devastating. My heart goes out to you during this difficult time. Thankfully your daughter is your beautiful silver lining. I wish you all the very best, especially because it was you that gave me hope. Sending you lots of love, comfort and courage. XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhhhh... @OneOfTheseDays, I am so heartbroken for you.... tears are welling up in my eyes as I read this. I am so so sorry to hear this news. 💔💔💔

Sending you the biggest hugs possible my love... you have been so strong and your little one will look down upon his twin sister from heaven and bless her forever I am sure.

I am sending my prayers and love to you and your family. Hang in there hun, we are here for you... Your little princess will soon arrive as a bundle of perfection.

Love xoxo