ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 98 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 974
  1. #541
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,970
    Thanks
    901
    Thanked
    1,417
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Same Sex Parents TTC #5

    @Ashen Hopefully! I'm not sure what all the other FS put down cos my scans and tests came back all clear too but I still got the rebate. It could be because that clinic is specially designed for social infertility so kinda harder to get away with. Maybe some of the other girls in here could should some light? Anyway it won't help for this cycle but I do believe if you don't have success (fingers crossed you do), you should then qualify for the rebate for subsequent cycles.

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    566
    Thanks
    560
    Thanked
    348
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @TortoiseNotTheHare were you eligible for Medicare with both clinics? I was under the impression the second clinic would have you qualify after a few failed attempts at the first one?

    DP was eligible for rebate on her IVF cycle as she had a fertility issue, but as my fertility was clear we paid everything out of pocket for my FET.

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think each state have different rules
    We where not eligible for Medicare to start with but after two IUI they deemed us as medically infertile
    But if we went right to IVF we would not receive Medicare

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,509
    Thanks
    1,144
    Thanked
    989
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnmnd1118 View Post
    Did anyone try acupuncture to support their TTC? How did you find it?
    I had acupuncture on my successful cycle, starting on the day of the transfer (I decided last minute to start it, missed the stim part of the cycle).
    I'm think it helped. Of nothing else it certainly meant that twice a week I relaxed and took some time out for myself.
    I can pm you a good acupuncturist if you are in Melbourne

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

    lnmnd1118  (15-03-2017)

  6. #545
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,970
    Thanks
    901
    Thanked
    1,417
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TandR View Post
    @TortoiseNotTheHare were you eligible for Medicare with both clinics? I was under the impression the second clinic would have you qualify after a few failed attempts at the first one?

    DP was eligible for rebate on her IVF cycle as she had a fertility issue, but as my fertility was clear we paid everything out of pocket for my FET.
    We were both eligible from the get go but maybe it's cos our first FS was dodgy??? Everyone that we know that went through that clinic qualified so now I'm concerned we shouldn't have received the rebate. The new clinic gave us the rebate because of the first cycle so yep that was a result of the first disaster.
    @rainbow road do you know why you qualified for the rebate?

    The other couples we know that used them were also only socially infertile but still got the rebate

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

    TandR  (15-03-2017)

  8. #546
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    566
    Thanks
    560
    Thanked
    348
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    We were both eligible from the get go but maybe it's cos our first FS was dodgy??? Everyone that we know that went through that clinic qualified so now I'm concerned we shouldn't have received the rebate. The new clinic gave us the rebate because of the first cycle so yep that was a result of the first disaster.
    @rainbow road do you know why you qualified for the rebate?

    The other couples we know that used them were also only socially infertile but still got the rebate
    At least something good came out of the clinic! That would have been a big help!

  9. #547
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,970
    Thanks
    901
    Thanked
    1,417
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @TandR... Very true!!!!

  10. #548
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    210
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked
    155
    Reviews
    0
    We had another embryo make it to freeze today. Total of 4 frosties from our first Ivf round

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ashen For This Useful Post:

    almai  (16-03-2017),NandM  (15-03-2017),TandR  (15-03-2017),TortoiseNotTheHare  (15-03-2017)

  12. #549
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked
    172
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NandM View Post
    How's everything going @Amy1926 the cycle must be in full swing by now?
    How did egg collection go @Ashen ?
    Sorry ladies I have MIA work is keeping me busy. Unfortunately AF is yet to arrive Im cycle day 49 today. I just had a scan to see what is going on today. I have just ovulated! I had the flu really bad and was bed ridden so my FS thinks it caused the delayed ovulation. AF should arrive in the next 2 weeks. Its always the way when you want to start a new cycle!

  13. #550
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked
    172
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
    We had another embryo make it to freeze today. Total of 4 frosties from our first Ivf round
    Awesome news! 😁


 

Similar Threads

  1. Same sex parents or parents to be chat!
    By Best Things in forum Same Sex Parents
    Replies: 1008
    Last Post: 17-09-2018, 18:14
  2. For those with kids, do u get much help from ur parents?
    By GlitterFarts in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 04-11-2016, 06:39
  3. Parents- what did you think you'd never do?
    By Little Miss Sunshine in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 27-02-2016, 11:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Maternity ClothesLooking to buy maternity clothes? :: Check the bubhub directory of local & online maternity clothes shops :: Find ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT