+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 88 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @TortoiseNotTheHare my period is due late next week, so there are a few things we need to get organised if we are to do that cycle. We need a new donor and need to have a few appointments, but if we can make it work then we can start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I’m new here.

My GF (35) and I (30) are TTC our 1st child via Partner IVF. My GF is currently on Day 10 of her stim cycle and we have a scan tomorrow. Hopefully we egg collection can happen next week. If all goes to plan, I will undergo FET in April.

We are very excited (and quite nervous) for the journey ahead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @Ashen! My DW and I did egg sharing too! I carried our DD using her egg but she will carry the next bub

It's an exciting journey but I completely understand the nerves! How are you both finding it so far? How's your GF going with the needles? Keep us posted! I love following others journeys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @TortoiseNotTheHare, how old is your DD?

My GF hates the needles! Our first stim cycle was cancelled so this is our second try. The orgalutran needles are really painful and harder to inject. Hopefully we only have a few more days of injections to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah the needles are nasty! My DW has a bit of a needle phobia but got through it okay. She started off pretty much hyperventilating with the first few but then would just look away towards the end. It sucks that she's having to do it again but fingers crossed this time things go well. Did they say why they cancelled last time?

Our DD will be 7 weeks old on Saturday! Feels like she only arrived yesterday.. don't know where time has gone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by samandsarah View Post
    Thanks @TortoiseNotTheHare

I have spoken to our FS and we're gonna start IVF and we can do so as soon as my period starts. Yay!
    @Amy1926 when are you starting? Have you told your friends and family?
    @samandsarah my AF should arrive any day now! I hope! Our best friend's know we are starting IVF, they actually just become pregnant via IVF after trying for two years. They are super supportive. Our family's are also super supportive but for this cycle we have decided to not tell our family. We would love to surpise them with some good news! Fingers crossed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Amy1926 For This Useful Post:

samandsarah  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @TortoiseNotTheHare congrats on your DD. Aren't newbies the most perfect, precious little things!

Our first stim cycle was cancelled after the 1st BT. We missed the window to start taking the orgalutran. We had our second scan today and everything is progressing well with 10 large follicles and another 4 small ones. Retrieval is booked for Wednesday.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashen For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (03-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
    @TortoiseNotTheHare congrats on your DD. Aren't newbies the most perfect, precious little things!

Our first stim cycle was cancelled after the 1st BT. We missed the window to start taking the orgalutran. We had our second scan today and everything is progressing well with 10 large follicles and another 4 small ones. Retrieval is booked for Wednesday.
    Thank you! We are smitten!

Those numbers sound awesome!! Cant wait to hear how you go!!! Will they scan again before triggering?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our FS is happy with our progress and doesn't want another scan before triggering. We will hear from the nurse on Monday to confirm a time to administer the trigger. Fingers crossed!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashen For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (03-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy1926 View Post
    @samandsarah my AF should arrive any day now! I hope! Our best friend's know we are starting IVF, they actually just become pregnant via IVF after trying for two years. They are super supportive. Our family's are also super supportive but for this cycle we have decided to not tell our family. We would love to surpise them with some good news! Fingers crossed.
    So exciting @Amy1926 keep us updated. We're debating whether to tell family, I don't know if it will be annoying with them asking a billion questions though.