+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 87 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower78 View Post
    Oh and good luck this cycle @JustJaq. Congrats on being PUPO!! Fingerscrossed xx
    Thank you! The TWW is sending me a bit crazy! I want to test, but don't want a BFN and the hope to be over. It was hard work even getting to EPU this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually feel like that too! Hope it's a BFP for you.

We have changed the FS appointment in March to DP. Hoping that we can get started soon after that. She seems happy to go ahead, but wants to do IVF first up to do PGS, given she is 40. I hope the FS agrees. She made me do IUI first. Any of you girls done IVF straight up and still got the Medicare rebate?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (30-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did IVF straight up and had no issue getting the rebate I'm looking forward to hearing about the next part of your journey.
    @JustJaq good luck for your cycle! Hope you have a BFP coming your way!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (30-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any of you girls done IVF straight up and still got the Medicare rebate?
    Just jumping in here to share our situation. DP provided the egg that is now our DD (I carried). At the cycle time she was 39. She had low AMH so our FS allowed for her part of conceiving to be eligible for the rebate. My part of the journey was out of pocket (FET). I understand your DP wanting to do the embryo testing. We didn't end up doing it but if your desire is to jump to IVF straight away for this reason, I don't think it will be a problem. Have you thought of egg sharing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies!

We did IUI first, and our FS gave us the Medicare rebate straight away. I think this was probably because of my abysmal AMH! Our FS was/is also very supportive of same sex couples too.

Flower, given your DP's age, hopefully you can go to IVF straight away (and get the rebate!) if that's what you want to do.

Do you guys want to use the same donor if you can? Will there be any issues with donor family limits? I think from previous reading that some clinics class the other partner in a SS relationship as a different 'family', and some don't?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are hoping to use the same donor @JustJaq. Our clinic classes us one family luckily (as they all should, we ARE one family!!!)

Thanks for your info @TandR. Egg sharing isn't allowed by our clinic unless one partner is infertile. I would qualify to try DPs egg now I've failed 4 FETs. However my pregnancy with DS was very complicated and egg donor pregnancies are higher risk so it's not possible for us unfortunately.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (30-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't aware that egg donor pregnancies were higher risk. Do you know why? I'm curious now

They have changed legislation in NSW now to count same sex couples as one family for donor purposes which is exactly how it should be!

We went and saw our FS today to give him a bottle of wine and card to say thank you for making our journey so enjoyable and he got to meet bub. It was such a lovely moment! We also told him that we would be back to use DW's remaining embryos for bub number 2. We were going to use my eggs but after seeing the perfection we created with this baby we have decided to use what we need of the 8 blasts there and hopefully that will give her a sibling. I just cannot bring myself to discard those and we want two kids.

So no egg sharing for number 2! DW will carry using one of those

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

almai  (11-02-2017),JustJaq  (30-01-2017),TandR  (30-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Flower78 ahh ok that is understandable. Hopefully it all works out that your DP embraces the journey ahead and it turns out to be a lovely experience for her & you both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    I wasn't aware that egg donor pregnancies were higher risk. Do you know why? I'm curious now

They have changed legislation in NSW now to count same sex couples as one family for donor purposes which is exactly how it should be!

We went and saw our FS today to give him a bottle of wine and card to say thank you for making our journey so enjoyable and he got to meet bub. It was such a lovely moment! We also told him that we would be back to use DW's remaining embryos for bub number 2. We were going to use my eggs but after seeing the perfection we created with this baby we have decided to use what we need of the 8 blasts there and hopefully that will give her a sibling. I just cannot bring myself to discard those and we want two kids.

So no egg sharing for number 2! DW will carry using one of those
    I believe it's because the DNA/immune makeup is dissimilar to your own, so your body is more likely to try to "Reject" the placenta. The reason pre-eclampsia is higher risk in first pregnancies is for this reason, exposure to the male DNA. Theoretically donor sperm increases the risk too as the woman's body has never "seen" that DNA before.

I researched it and the risk of Pre-ecclampsia and IUGR is 5x in donor egg pregnancies after correcting for maternal age/other risk factors. As I already had both with DS resulting in him being in NICU for 8 weeks, I felt it wasn't fair to the baby to risk that. For most people the risk would be small.

How nice you have your frosties waiting for DW when you are ready for number two!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

almai  (11-02-2017),JustJaq  (30-01-2017),TortoiseNotTheHare  (09-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering how everyone picked their donors?
    Did you have certain criteria? Was there a method to it or you just w t through profiles and went with your gut?
    I'm finding it really difficult and stressful, probably because there's so much choice. I think I need to take a step back and think about how lucky we are to have the opportunity to use a donor and a fertility clinic to create a family.

I also showed family the list of donors... not sure if that was such a great idea as everyone gave their opinions