+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 86 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks TNTH. Me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner and I are looking at IUI. Both in mid twenties. We are located in Brisbane area but happy to travel. Can anyone share us there stories or give us an idea of costs and success rates?
    We would like to start as soon as possible it's something we've both wanted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry no experience with IUI as my DW and I went straight to IVF to egg share. Wishing you lots of luck though! Most clinics work the same way as in you choose a donor and then have your cycle followed before insemination. A lot of clinics will give you a trigger shot to make sure that ovulation has occurred and there will be scans and bloods along the way to know that you are coming close to ovulating before hand.

Some of the girls here have had experience with IUI so will be able to fill you in on the rest. As for pricing, it's cheaper than IVF if it works quickly. Otherwise it can cost more in the long run or you may end up moving to IVF anyway which means you have paid for both IUI and IVF in the long run. Just something to consider. Looking forward to hearing how you go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Sorry no experience with IUI as my DW and I went straight to IVF to egg share. Wishing you lots of luck though! Most clinics work the same way as in you choose a donor and then have your cycle followed before insemination. A lot of clinics will give you a trigger shot to make sure that ovulation has occurred and there will be scans and bloods along the way to know that you are coming close to ovulating before hand.

Some of the girls here have had experience with IUI so will be able to fill you in on the rest. As for pricing, it's cheaper than IVF if it works quickly. Otherwise it can cost more in the long run or you may end up moving to IVF anyway which means you have paid for both IUI and IVF in the long run. Just something to consider. Looking forward to hearing how you go!

Thank you for your reply. We were initially going to do IVF as my partner(one carrying) was going to use my eggs. We no where decided to do that second as everyone told us IUI is better? Can I ask how you went with your IVF timing and costs?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Same Sex Parents TTC #5

IUI gives you similar chances to natural conception because the sperm still needs to find the egg etc. I believe it's about 20% success rate whereas IVF can be up to 60% success rate. We started off at a clinic that was pretty hopeless initially and then changed over for a fresh start. At the second clinic it worked first go so it cost us about $10k-$12k out of pocket for that cycle.

We were also lucky in the sense that my cycle happened to naturally sync up with DW's so it meant that we were able to transfer a fresh embryo back to me. If our cycles weren't lined up then we would have frozen all the embryos and transferred one to me when the time was right. Our first fresh transfer there worked and we now have a beautiful daughter who is 12 days old.

Also, we had our first appointment with that clinic in March and I was pregnant in April! It happened very quickly but then there was no wait list for us to access a donor but I know some have faced this in other states and clinics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to update that I got the official BFN yesterday in my follow up bloods.

Wishing the best of luck to you ladies. Hoping that DP will decide to go ahead after our appointment in March.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear, Flower78. I was just thinking of you today, and wondering if there was any glimmer of hope.

Good luck with your March appointment.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Flower78  (30-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Flower78 I hope your DP will decide to go ahead. Do you know what her reservations are? Maybe the time between now and March will help her to make that decision. I'm sorry it wasn't better news for you at the moment but there is still hope in the future x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

Flower78  (30-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. She's just never seen herself being pregnant. Worried about being sick, not being able to do things for 9 months (she's very into exercise). When I wanted to, it seemed easy for me to go ahead. Now it's hard to get her head around I think. It's hard for her to explain it. She is very anxious about labour, but I have told her she could get an elective C/S given how anxious she is. We will see. I'm hopeful she will go ahead, but it has to be her decision, I don't want her resenting me or the baby if she gets pushed to do it you know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and good luck this cycle @JustJaq. Congrats on being PUPO!! Fingerscrossed xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (30-01-2017)