+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default OB recommendations needed for Eastern Suburbs Sydney

Hi,

I have just gotten my first ever BFP after a long long wait!! Now I'm trying to figure out what OB to go to that practices at either RWH or POWP in Eastern Suburbs, Sydney. I understand that they get booked up pretty quickly so want to try and get a good one!

I would prefer a female OB and someone that is empathetic, as I do have anxiety and need someone understanding of this. I would appreciate any advice!

Any views/opinions about experiences at either POWP or going privately at RHW would be greatly appreciated also!

Thank you so much! x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

Just checking how you went and what you uncovered. I'm in the eastern suburbs and first timer, and am tossing between private or public, royal Randwick or prince of Wales. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there - sadly my pregnancy ended up in a missed miscarriage just before my OB apt... a lot of stuff I read I remember referring to dr Jan Dudley but she is quite expensive. Hopefully if I end up with a viable pregnancy I plan to see Dr Wendy Hawke. She's supposed to be quite lovely and she shares a practice with her husband who is also supposed to be quite nice. They were a bit cheaper from what I recall. I've never met any of them so can't say from direct experience. I'd still be quite keen to hear what u find. Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing the names, I'll look them up. Hope your BFP is not far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went public at RHW with the midwives and GP shared care. Can not fault my experience and would happily go with them again.

I guess the only down side was there was a few of my antenatal appointments that ran a bit late, but this can happen anywhere.

I'd probably also enjoy the private room in RHW if I had hospital cover.

Dr B.isits (head of obstetrics) oversaw my delivery so I felt I was in the best of hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How would one have gotten a private room at RHW? Would the rates for obstetrics etc this be at private rates etc?

I heard whilst service is good, the rooms at RHW are not that fab and more than often private women would need to share a room anyway, first com first served or needs basis.

Quote Originally Posted by TandR View Post
    I went public at RHW with the midwives and GP shared care. Can not fault my experience and would happily go with them again.

I guess the only down side was there was a few of my antenatal appointments that ran a bit late, but this can happen anywhere.

I'd probably also enjoy the private room in RHW if I had hospital cover.

Dr B.isits (head of obstetrics) oversaw my delivery so I felt I was in the best of hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdface View Post
    How would one have gotten a private room at RHW? Would the rates for obstetrics etc this be at private rates ?
    I'm not totally sure how it works. Perhaps once you start going as a patient there it's on your file that you have PHI and have requested a private room.

So being treated as a patient there, everything is free. The only expense is when you request a private room. Does that make sense? You might be right that it's first come first served.

If you PM me there's a local facebook group I'd recommend joining. Has a wealth of knowledge and questions such as this one are asked frequently with an abundance of replies, which might help you decide where to go.