+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toilet training.. Help!!

So little miss is now 3 1/2 she starts kinder next year but isn't and refuses to toilet train. We have tried Lolly rewards, sticker charts even a toy after so many days dry. Books, songs about the potty, cute princess knickers of her choice. While she is interested a little she won't tell me me when she needs to go and just wee's in her knickers and doesn't tell me. She's quite happy to stay wet. I'm worried she isn't going to be toilet trained before the end of the year. It's not like I haven't done toilet training before my DS was stubborn but much easier than little miss. But all the tricks we used for him have not worked at all for her. I am planning to try and get her a princess seat for the toilet in hope that will interest her more. I am pulling my hair out here. Can any one give me some tips or tricks to try? What worked for your little possums?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no advice but am subbing because my 4-in-August DS is exactly the same and I'm beginning to wonder if he's ever going to be trained. It's so frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Going through this now with DS. And posted the other day. He was a little different though.

Does she know when she needs to go? Also has she ever sat on the toilet/potty?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Going through this now with DS. And posted the other day. He was a little different though.

Does she know when she needs to go? Also has she ever sat on the toilet/potty?
    She will sit on the toilet but she never tells me when she needs to go. She will just wet herself even if she's gone 5 minutes before. it's a constant battle. I'm not sure if she even knows when she needs to go. But she's 3 1/2 surely she would know a little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryGirl77 View Post
    I have no advice but am subbing because my 4-in-August DS is exactly the same and I'm beginning to wonder if he's ever going to be trained. It's so frustrating.
    I completely understand the frustration! I seriously thought my Daughter would have got it by now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMiller View Post
    She will sit on the toilet but she never tells me when she needs to go. She will just wet herself even if she's gone 5 minutes before. it's a constant battle. I'm not sure if she even knows when she needs to go. But she's 3 1/2 surely she would know a little.
    Ahhh mine was opposite. Knows when he needs to go. Screamed for a nappy. I ended up sitting him on the potty where he ended up weeing and he cried/apologised/saying no when I said he was a good boy for about 10 mins. So I had to hug/reassure him. After that he was ok. And today has not been scared at all. Still is scared of the big toilet but potty is good (apart from poo - he freaked so we will work on that now).

So not sure about the opposite issue!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was a nightmare to TT. We tried and failed until she was about 3.5yo and then she decided one day she wanted to wear undies. So I explained that means she has to use the toilet and she did pretty well with wees. Plenty of accidents but she was a lot more agreeable with the whole process and improved over time. Poo was a whole other issue, it took another 6 months before she would consistently poo in the toilet and not her undies. Drove me insane. I was so worried she'd never get there and we'd end up having to do continence therapy or something. Now at almost 5 she still has wee accidents occasionally if she waits too long, and she's still learning to wipe properly but we're getting there. She's still very wet overnight though so she still wears a nappy for bed.

I hope DS is easier, I'm dreading it...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

MrsMiller  (10-06-2016)