Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 95
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,525
    Thanks
    456
    Thanked
    2,052
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Step Child Starting School - Help!

    ...
    Last edited by granny1; 08-06-2016 at 18:30.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,904
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    646
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd just like to say a big thank you to the ladies who actually offered me helpful advise on my post. I am definitely things of solutions to my concerns and there's been some great suggestions so thank you!

    To others who have obviously just come in here to judge and attack me, shame on you. I am a parent asking for help and advise, until you have been in the exact same position I am in you should try and be a little more respectful in future.

    I haven't mentioned many things in my post such as the abuse & threats to my family from my DFs ex, the constant berating from her mother, the badmouthing of my 5yo DD from my DSD and her mum and the behaviour issues we have because that would all add fuel to your fire about how much I apparently don't care about DSD.

    I love my DSD, I go out of my way to make her feel included in every way, I make her sandwiches the way she likes on the plate she likes, I make sure her favourite book is out ready for bed, any treats I buy DD I buy the same for DSD, I brush her hair and play Lego with her and talk to her about kindy and her friends and send her and her dad to do special things she enjoys.

    I'm not a heartless b*tch and I feel that some of your posts border on bullying, half of you came into my thread with NOT ONE bit of helpful advice or suggestions, you just came in with your back up telling me that I'm wrong. Being a step parent is bloody hard work, until you've been there how about keeping your heartless judgements to yourself.

    Yes you'll probably say that I 'just don't like your answers' but try taking a long hard look at what you have written, would you say those things to your sister or best friend if she was struggling and needing advice? I doubt it. And if you said those things in real life as harshly as you have on here I most definitely wouldn't want you as a friend. Offer your opinion yes but think about the tone you're doing it in.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

    babyno1onboard  (08-06-2016)

  4. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,904
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    646
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    ...
    Why did you delete your comment? I hope you realised how rude it was and decided to retract it.

  5. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,525
    Thanks
    456
    Thanked
    2,052
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Step Child Starting School - Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    Why did you delete your comment? I hope you realised how rude it was and decided to retract it.
    It wasn't rude at all. I deleted because I can't be bothered with this thread
    Last edited by granny1; 08-06-2016 at 18:44.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to granny1 For This Useful Post:

    VicPark  (08-06-2016)

  7. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,904
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    646
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    It wasn't rude at all. I deleted because I can't be bothered with this thread
    Hahaha ok then, if you had nothing helpful to contribute you shouldn't have got involved in the first place.

  8. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,904
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    646
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mods you can close this thread please, it stopped being helpful a long time ago.

  9. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    202
    Thanked
    224
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not a step mother, but my daughter has a step mother and if her dad reduced days with our daughter because they had a new baby arriving I would be irate. You might not see the damage that could potentially cause to their relationship because you think it's only a couple of hours in the morning, but when that's the only time they have then that time is precious.
    If you were my friend I probably would let you vent, but if you asked for advice I would probably tell you to suck it up, because my friends and I have that kind of relationship and clearly have a thicker skin.
    I think you've been given ample advice about the practicalities of the Monday morning... Get things organised the night before, uniforms laid out, lunches made. Give her a up and go and an apple for breakfast if it's that rushed in the morning.
    Unfortunately when you have multiple kids things just get busy, it becomes a juggling act for every parent, you are not alone in that struggle.
    I don't think you're back story has any relevance to the situation, at the end of the day it's still about your step daughter and her dad and their time together. The only thing your back story adds in my opinion is that the bio mum probably won't be too receptive to changes anyway.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peanuthead For This Useful Post:

    GlitterFarts  (08-06-2016),just her chameleon  (08-06-2016),monroe78  (08-06-2016),VicPark  (08-06-2016)

  11. #88
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    40
    Reviews
    0
    Summer fun I hope my posts didn't come off as judge mental at all cause that's not how I meant them to be. I do not think you hate your dsd at all.
    Your family will work out what is best for you guys no matter what anyone says.
    Congrats on the new baby

  12. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,426
    Thanks
    12,400
    Thanked
    5,071
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    Ah ok, yes I understand. But the 1.5hrs on a Monday morning less wouldn't be time DSD is missing out on with time with the baby (in my opinion, because she would be getting ready for school). It just feels a little like me and my DD are expected to sacrifice but DF isn't in any way if you know what I mean?
    Ummm your DH is already sacrificing 11 nights a fortnight with his daughter - that is huge & one he has to live with every single day. I've read through the whole thread & don't think there were any attacks at all, but lots of very good advice.

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (08-06-2016),GlitterFarts  (08-06-2016),just her chameleon  (08-06-2016),monroe78  (08-06-2016),VicPark  (08-06-2016)

  14. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,904
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    646
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Ummm your DH is already sacrificing 11 nights a fortnight with his daughter - that is huge & one he has to live with every single day. I've read through the whole thread & don't think there were any attacks at all, but lots of very good advice.
    Ummm that fact has absolutely nothing to do with me. Parents shouldn't stay together unhappily for 'the sake of the child' nor should step parents be blamed for 'taking the other parent away'


 

Similar Threads

  1. ASD and starting school
    By Ahalfdozen in forum Parents of Children with Special Needs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 14:57
  2. Starting big school next year
    By witherwings in forum Preschools and Schools
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-03-2016, 14:52
  3. Child support and step children
    By Threekids in forum Step-parents / Blended families
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-08-2015, 22:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Heinz Baby BasicsOur BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›