+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @Waiting to exhale, good luck with your cycle!!
    Sounds like everyone else is going well too, yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So it seems like the Gonal F has made my AF much lighter than normal - in fact I think it's stopping! Normally lasts for a whole 7 days of which 3 are heavy. This time it's stopped on day 4 after starting Gonal F on day 2.

Has anyone else heard of this happening?

Not complaining just surprised

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AmyEL thanks for the welcome, so glad you finally go to start. So much waiting in this process. Good luck with this cycle.
    @gemmaolsson how are you feeling? When is you blood test?
    @nettz84 Hi, I don't remember if the Gonal F made any difference to my periods. Is this your first cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nettz84 View Post
    So it seems like the Gonal F has made my AF much lighter than normal - in fact I think it's stopping! Normally lasts for a whole 7 days of which 3 are heavy. This time it's stopped on day 4 after starting Gonal F on day 2.

Has anyone else heard of this happening?

Not complaining just surprised
    Not really sure... I'm day 2 of my Gonal F but only 50iu a day, mines still here! But I only get 2 heavy days & it's gone so not much longer!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET Aug. - Sept. 2016

Hi @Waiting to exhale yep this is my first one! I've done a bit of research (online with Dr Google lol) and apparently it can happen. I'll double check with the clinic on Monday when I go in for bloods again but I'm sure it's not a big deal.
    @AmyEL I am a bit higher than your dose, on 150 though we'll see if they up it on Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I'm new here and starting my second IVF cycle tonight! Will be injecting myself with Gonal F and Neupogen (Filgrastim), followed by two more injections added in a few days. I have two additional injections this cycle as compared to my last so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed (pretty nervous actually). Has any of you injected Neupogen before? I haven't been given any instructions for it whatsoever which I find very shocking considering the thousands we're paying for treatment. Anyway, I guess I'll find info from the Internet as usual good luck to all you super strong women!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and some tips that worked for me last cycle were to leave the injections out for 30 minutes so they reach room temperature. I ice the area to be injected before and after so the pain is a lot less as the area gets numb. And I tell myself I can do this and it's not like I'm going to die, it's only going to sting a little bit and will be over in a few seconds (I like talking to myself to give me strength) Hope this works for you too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it hurts at all I pinch the skin & stick it in & hardly feel it @Mongol... Should you be letting it go to room temp? They are pretty careful about keep it refrigerated so I would have that thought that was for a reason?

I've never used those other drugs, only Gonal F & Ovidrel... I'm only doing a low dose FET this round as we have 4 embryos frozen... But I did notice that there are quite detailed instructions in both boxes of drugs I have, perhaps there are some in yours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nettz84 View Post
    Hi @Waiting to exhale yep this is my first one! I've done a bit of research (online with Dr Google lol) and apparently it can happen. I'll double check with the clinic on Monday when I go in for bloods again but I'm sure it's not a big deal.
    @AmyEL I am a bit higher than your dose, on 150 though we'll see if they up it on Monday
    I was on 187.5 the first cycle but that went up to 225 after 5 days as I wasn't responding aswell as they liked... I ended up with 11 eggs (7 mature)so was grateful for the monitoring ( just looking back over my notes, geez I was organised, I had a spreadsheet & recorded everything!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're right AmyEL, they don't actually hurt that much. I took Gonal F 400 iu and Neupogen tonight and didn't actually feel Gonal F at all, the needle is very sharp and thin. The Gonal F pamphlet that came with it says you can leave it out for approximately 30 minutes to let t get to room temperature. It can actually be kept below 25 degrees but it's better for its shelf life to keep it in the fridge. I'll start taking Luveris from Day 5 and Orgalutran from Day 6. Let's see how they go. Haha I'm like you, I like to keep things organised. I'm with a different IVF provider this time (Monash) and they've given me a shocking piece of paper with a table. I've created my own as the table is already incomplete and doesn't have enough space to write anything. Annoys me a lot that they can't even give us a decent schedule of taking the drugs.