ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 215
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,486
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,007
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I said they need that amount of sleep. Not that they get it but they need it. Plus I didn't mention 12 hours at night. I just said 12 hours.
    Comment still applies. None of my kids had day sleeps after 2.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (25-05-2016)

  3. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    18,870
    Thanks
    1,539
    Thanked
    8,496
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Comment still applies. None of my kids had day sleeps after 2.
    Yes but I said that they need it. If you couldn't get your child to sleep for more than 12 hours then that doesn't mean they didn't need it.

    Two of my children wake up at the same time every day no matter what time they go to bed.

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,495
    Thanks
    1,027
    Thanked
    2,118
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I said they need that amount of sleep. Not that they get it but they need it. Plus I didn't mention 12 hours at night. I just said 12 hours.
    Yup I mean 10 hours in a day. Just one opinion but our paed told us some toddlers don't need 12+ hours of sleep even though that's the norm. They just don't get tired enough and function on less.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (25-05-2016)

  6. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,865
    Thanks
    1,875
    Thanked
    2,669
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Controlled Crying study

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I just said that
    Ok, I was typing on my phone at the same time and didn't see your post. I was just clarifying the 12hr thing, wasn't actually disagreeing

  7. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,486
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,007
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yes but I said that they need it. If you couldn't get your child to sleep for more than 12 hours then that doesn't mean they didn't need it.

    Two of my children wake up at the same time every day no matter what time they go to bed.
    They wake naturally and happily. If they were waking in misery from being overtired or I had to wake them then yes I would say they needed more sleep.

    I'm more than comfortable accepting my eldest got enough.

    Anyway it's not relevant to the topic.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (25-05-2016)

  9. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23,362
    Thanks
    6,426
    Thanked
    17,957
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Errr.. someone just linked a story on this from a different link and it says they used CIO??? http://www.today.com/parents/new-res...d-doesn-t94271


    Eta: different mums group thing
    Yuck. The fact that babies wake more often non CIO actually tells us that biologically, they are meant to. I'm actually holding back on my thoughts on that article....

    and a cohort of 43? Ummm yeah. You would get better results from this forum. I'm taking the study with a grain of salt and that's being polite.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (25-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-05-2016),Silver flute  (25-05-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (25-05-2016)

  11. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    18,870
    Thanks
    1,539
    Thanked
    8,496
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Yup I mean 10 hours in a day. Just one opinion but our paed told us some toddlers don't need 12+ hours of sleep even though that's the norm. They just don't get tired enough and function on less.
    Yes but you also said that they need it but they just won't sleep anymore.

  12. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,021
    Thanks
    6,407
    Thanked
    5,515
    Reviews
    21
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Errr.. someone just linked a story on this from a different link and it says they used CIO??? http://www.today.com/parents/new-res...d-doesn-t94271


    Eta: different mums group thing
    No, the study used controlled crying. The time to wait before going in to re settle is in the original article that I posted.

  13. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22,727
    Thanks
    16,151
    Thanked
    12,388
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    10ish hours is no where near enough for a toddler. Two year olds need 12 hours of sleep. At least.
    This is bull sh1t plain and simple.

    It is not a medical fact.

    It is a damaging to treat it like it is.

    Not all children need a set level of hours of sleep in a 24 hour period.

    There is a average amount but not a set in stone amount.

    A lot of conditions that cause children to need less sleep can't be diagnosed until later in childhood. So as a mum of a young child that doesn't sleep to the average 12 hours can feel like they are failing. When in they are doing the best possible for their child.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

    babyno1onboard  (25-05-2016),binnielici  (25-05-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (25-05-2016)

  15. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,617
    Thanks
    4,719
    Thanked
    2,173
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Controlled Crying study

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    This is bull sh1t plain and simple.

    It is not a medical fact.

    It is a damaging to treat it like it is.

    Not all children need a set level of hours of sleep in a 24 hour period.

    There is a average amount but not a set in stone amount.

    A lot of conditions that cause children to need less sleep can't be diagnosed until later in childhood. So as a mum of a young child that doesn't sleep to the average 12 hours can feel like they are failing. When in they are doing the best possible for their child.
    100% this. DS2 does not and never has needed that much sleep. He wakes HAPPY and energised after 6-7 total (broken) hours and no longer had naps after 2. It was ME that was exhausted.

    LLH is right saying this as FACT hurts - it doesn't help.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Controlled settling
    By Someday mama in forum 'No Cry' Sleeping Solutions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23-02-2016, 15:52
  2. Is controlled crying for us?
    By Azvanna in forum Pro - Controlled Crying
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-10-2015, 13:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby MonitorsLooking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Show me your sewing! #2Crafts and Hobbies
new baby new mattress?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Clear Blue Digital Readings & HCG levelPregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
Sublime SeptemberConception & Fertility General Chat
Auditory Processing DisorderGeneral Child Health Issues
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT