+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    423
    Thanked
    196
    Reviews
    0

    Default SAN OB Recommendations

    Hi ladies,

    I've recently found out that I am expecting bub#1 (6wks) and am looking into OBs at the SAN hospital. I'm based on the lower North Shore so was looking into people like Dr Leung and Dr Chang as they also practice in Chatswood. I'm just wondering if anyone has used either of them before? If not, who did you use and would you recommend them?

    Im finding this all very overwhelming and I don't know how I'm meant to make this very important decision with next to no info! I don't really know anyone who's got kids so don't have any personal recommendations.

    Any advice appreciated

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6,018
    Thanks
    4,256
    Thanked
    1,703
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalMumma View Post
    Hi ladies,

    I've recently found out that I am expecting bub#1 (6wks) and am looking into OBs at the SAN hospital. I'm based on the lower North Shore so was looking into people like Dr Leung and Dr Chang as they also practice in Chatswood. I'm just wondering if anyone has used either of them before? If not, who did you use and would you recommend them?

    Im finding this all very overwhelming and I don't know how I'm meant to make this very important decision with next to no info! I don't really know anyone who's got kids so don't have any personal recommendations.

    Any advice appreciated
    I looked on my PHI website for ob names at the hospital I wanted to go to, and just picked one. Some people I've heard, make appointments with a few and then pick based on that (could get expensive though)

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

    MusicalMumma  (15-05-2016)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    423
    Thanked
    196
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I looked on my PHI website for ob names at the hospital I wanted to go to, and just picked one. Some people I've heard, make appointments with a few and then pick based on that (could get expensive though)
    Thanks Lil Smurfy. I'll double check my PHI website but from what I remember there weren't any listed yeah I think making appointments with a few would become quite costly very quickly!

  5. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    403
    Thanked
    158
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dr Andrew Booker at the SAN is incredibly lovely (as is his partner Dr Keogh) they substitute for one another when they're away. Dr Booker goes above and beyond to make sure you are at ease and everything is explained to the level you need and is just an all round truly lovely person. Can't recommend him highly enough. All the best with your pregnancy

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

    Lil Smurfy  (15-05-2016),MusicalMumma  (16-05-2016),witherwings  (15-05-2016)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,297
    Thanks
    1,410
    Thanked
    1,322
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im having my baby at the SAN as well and my ob is dr booker. I've only had one appointment with him so far and I'm very happy with him. I've had 2 babies at north shore private with dr Steven tan, he is also incredibly good.
    dr booker is very supportive of natural births and will help me with trying for a water birth this time around. If that's something you're interested in, you should definitely consider him. There aren't a lot of obs that will do water births.
    Good luck and congratulations!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

    MusicalMumma  (16-05-2016)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    423
    Thanked
    196
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by me+he&she=three View Post
    Dr Andrew Booker at the SAN is incredibly lovely (as is his partner Dr Keogh) they substitute for one another when they're away. Dr Booker goes above and beyond to make sure you are at ease and everything is explained to the level you need and is just an all round truly lovely person. Can't recommend him highly enough. All the best with your pregnancy
    Thanks @me+he&she=three. I've read lots of good things about dr booker but unfortunately he wasn't available (on AL when I'm due) so I've gone with Dr Keogh instead who I'm sure is just as lovely.

    Thank you so much for your recommendation. It's reassuring to hear reviews from others!

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    423
    Thanked
    196
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    Im having my baby at the SAN as well and my ob is dr booker. I've only had one appointment with him so far and I'm very happy with him. I've had 2 babies at north shore private with dr Steven tan, he is also incredibly good.
    dr booker is very supportive of natural births and will help me with trying for a water birth this time around. If that's something you're interested in, you should definitely consider him. There aren't a lot of obs that will do water births.
    Good luck and congratulations!
    Thanks @witherwings. I've not given the birth too much thought yet but I definitely won't be ruling out a water birth. Interesting that some obs don't like them! That will definitely be a question I ask Dr Keogh when I meet him.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,297
    Thanks
    1,410
    Thanked
    1,322
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalMumma View Post
    Thanks @witherwings. I've not given the birth too much thought yet but I definitely won't be ruling out a water birth. Interesting that some obs don't like them! That will definitely be a question I ask Dr Keogh when I meet him.
    I've got some relatives that went with him and I've heard great things too. I'm sure you will be very happy with him!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

    MusicalMumma  (16-05-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Cot recommendations please
    By WiseOldOwl in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-05-2016, 16:04
  2. DVD Recommendations
    By Phony in forum Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-07-2015, 12:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Ultimate SleepHad a wonderful, uninterrupted sleep? Luxury Australian made, hypoallergenic & machine washable products so everyone ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›