+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default SAN OB Recommendations

Hi ladies,

I've recently found out that I am expecting bub#1 (6wks) and am looking into OBs at the SAN hospital. I'm based on the lower North Shore so was looking into people like Dr Leung and Dr Chang as they also practice in Chatswood. I'm just wondering if anyone has used either of them before? If not, who did you use and would you recommend them?

Im finding this all very overwhelming and I don't know how I'm meant to make this very important decision with next to no info! I don't really know anyone who's got kids so don't have any personal recommendations.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalMumma View Post
    Hi ladies,

I've recently found out that I am expecting bub#1 (6wks) and am looking into OBs at the SAN hospital. I'm based on the lower North Shore so was looking into people like Dr Leung and Dr Chang as they also practice in Chatswood. I'm just wondering if anyone has used either of them before? If not, who did you use and would you recommend them?

Im finding this all very overwhelming and I don't know how I'm meant to make this very important decision with next to no info! I don't really know anyone who's got kids so don't have any personal recommendations.

Any advice appreciated
    I looked on my PHI website for ob names at the hospital I wanted to go to, and just picked one. Some people I've heard, make appointments with a few and then pick based on that (could get expensive though)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

MusicalMumma  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I looked on my PHI website for ob names at the hospital I wanted to go to, and just picked one. Some people I've heard, make appointments with a few and then pick based on that (could get expensive though)
    Thanks Lil Smurfy. I'll double check my PHI website but from what I remember there weren't any listed yeah I think making appointments with a few would become quite costly very quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dr Andrew Booker at the SAN is incredibly lovely (as is his partner Dr Keogh) they substitute for one another when they're away. Dr Booker goes above and beyond to make sure you are at ease and everything is explained to the level you need and is just an all round truly lovely person. Can't recommend him highly enough. All the best with your pregnancy

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

Lil Smurfy  (15-05-2016),MusicalMumma  (16-05-2016),witherwings  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im having my baby at the SAN as well and my ob is dr booker. I've only had one appointment with him so far and I'm very happy with him. I've had 2 babies at north shore private with dr Steven tan, he is also incredibly good.
    dr booker is very supportive of natural births and will help me with trying for a water birth this time around. If that's something you're interested in, you should definitely consider him. There aren't a lot of obs that will do water births.
    Good luck and congratulations!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

MusicalMumma  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by me+he&she=three View Post
    Dr Andrew Booker at the SAN is incredibly lovely (as is his partner Dr Keogh) they substitute for one another when they're away. Dr Booker goes above and beyond to make sure you are at ease and everything is explained to the level you need and is just an all round truly lovely person. Can't recommend him highly enough. All the best with your pregnancy
    Thanks @me+he&she=three. I've read lots of good things about dr booker but unfortunately he wasn't available (on AL when I'm due) so I've gone with Dr Keogh instead who I'm sure is just as lovely.

Thank you so much for your recommendation. It's reassuring to hear reviews from others!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    Im having my baby at the SAN as well and my ob is dr booker. I've only had one appointment with him so far and I'm very happy with him. I've had 2 babies at north shore private with dr Steven tan, he is also incredibly good.
    dr booker is very supportive of natural births and will help me with trying for a water birth this time around. If that's something you're interested in, you should definitely consider him. There aren't a lot of obs that will do water births.
    Good luck and congratulations!
    Thanks @witherwings. I've not given the birth too much thought yet but I definitely won't be ruling out a water birth. Interesting that some obs don't like them! That will definitely be a question I ask Dr Keogh when I meet him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalMumma View Post
    Thanks @witherwings. I've not given the birth too much thought yet but I definitely won't be ruling out a water birth. Interesting that some obs don't like them! That will definitely be a question I ask Dr Keogh when I meet him.
    I've got some relatives that went with him and I've heard great things too. I'm sure you will be very happy with him!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

MusicalMumma  (16-05-2016)