+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummaofasurprise View Post
    Do we have the same mil?? Rofl. Drives me bonkers! I have wavy hair, apparently my DD3 looks like her brother. My DD1 was fine boned and petite (1st marriage) but my DD2 who is also fine boned and petite looks like my sil.
    Haha you just reminded me when you mentioned hair, I have incredibly thick, curly hair, my daughters is the same, probably curlier, and son is only 4 months but it's looking like it will be thick, yet they apparently have hubby's hair which is dead straight and only average thickness. Also they apparently get their blonde hair from hubby, despite me telling her numerous times that I also had white blonde hair as a child. Seriously there's no point even opening my mouth with this woman sometimes (most of the time )

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

mummaofasurprise (22-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All my IL's say all my kids look just like DH and I agree 1 of them is but the other 2 look just like me at their ages in fact the one that looks like DH doesn't even have any features in common with the 2 that look like me yet they are all identical to DH apparently

Thanks
    Reviews
    After a few posts from others in recent weeks and an afternoon with my MIL, I felt that this thread should have a revival.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mod-DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (26-12-2020),JR03 (26-12-2020),MLadyEm (26-12-2020),Mod-LIKE A BOSS (26-12-2020),turquoisecoast (26-12-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    i’ve been thinking about this thread on and off lately, there have been a few posts over the last few months which i thought could use a place here.

literally 95% of the sh!t mine says is just crap.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

ICanDream (26-12-2020),JR03 (26-12-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL said today “I went down to the little chinga shop to get a couple of things”. I was like “huh? What? Where did you go”. She said “the chinga shop, you know that little Asian junk shop in the mall”.

Luckily her DD was there and took over explaining casual racism!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am so amazed to say that I have nothing to add to this thread after spending the day with ILs. A couple of months ago, I privately thanked MILs sister for being so inclusive and caring towards me, I didn’t tell her that I was upset but it was a bit obvious as MIL was obsessing over her future son in law and blatantly ignoring me, her DIL of 15 years. I wonder if MILs sister said something to my ILs because they have both been so normal the last 2 times I saw them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh I'm just going to sit here with my popcorn

8 yrs of no longer dealing with my mil, apart from one Facebook convo... bliss

Some pearlers I remember:

- "Girl! You haven't got many stretch marks!" - 36 weeks pregnant, sitting casually in her lounge, she just lifts my top up as she walks past : her partner and his creepy af sleezeball of a mate across from me...

- "he wanted it" - my stepson, the day beforehe turned 1, reached out for the udl can in her hand, so she gave him a swig. (In response to my jaw literally dropping and look of absolute disgust)

- "the hospital screwed up when I had him. (Motions to df) they gave me the afterbirth and kept the baby"

-"if you ever have trouble with anyone, let me know. Don't you smack em, I've got bipolar so I'll only get sent to ward 9, not jail"

-her partner is part of a bike gang.

- she rescued df from the system (foster care) ......at 18.....

There's so many more

But by far the last contact we had from her was the craziest, and that's saying something. Apparently, while being on the dole having never worked, she managed to lend df $75k and wanted it back because she's dying of cancer. To back it up she sent a distorted photo of *someone* with a photoshopped growth on the side of their face claiming it was her. The complexion was wrong (She's part (50%) aboriginal, the person was very Caucasian) the growth was a shape drawn over the facial features, in a flat colour, how badly edited it was, it could've been done in paint 🤣...if we didn't give it to get immediately she was going to take us to court🤨 that was 4 maybe 5 years ago now
    Last edited by EnchantedGrace; 26-12-2020 at 22:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Even though Christmas was only yesterday, I think I’ve blocked a lot of it out because I don’t remember anything my MIL actually said. It’s more the things she did...

1. Brought over “Santa sacks” for DD and DS with presents that Santa supposedly left at their house

2. Asked me about my new “big” kitchen and I said it was great, but when there’s a few people in there it gets cramped and someone is always in your way. Not 2 mins later she wanders into the kitchen where mum was cutting the ham, I was trying to finish the potato bake/do dishes and DH was doing something else. She stands right in front of the potato bake that I needed to put in the oven, and then stood there with her fingers hovering above the ham as mum was cutting it to pick up the pieces of ham and put it on the plate. Didn’t even wash her hands first. Definitely not a 2 person job. Was also in front of the mandolin slicer/box that I was trying to dry and put away.

3. Commented on how many presents DD and DS got (looked worse than it actually was) and now we’d have to find places for all their new things to live... clearly discounting all the things they brought over for the kids .

I’m sure there were more, but I also went and had a 3hr nap with DS after lunch

She did say to DD that she’d have to buy her a box to put her new Lego in as the small one she tried giving her didn’t fit it. FFS it’s a Lego friends car thing with lots of little pieces. If anything it’s going into the box with all the other mixed up Lego.

Non Christmas issues...

Keeps bringing over things for DD that were at their house. They housed a few of DDs toys and things while our house was on the market and whenever they come over, they bring more things back that aren’t even ours. We now own DHs play tea set from 30+ years ago (even though they’ve already given DD a tea set). They bought over a cherry tomato plant for DD that they were growing for her without even letting us know it was coming. Still haven’t brought back the toys she actually wants to play with though

The house we’ve moved in to has some tall lillipilly plants at the end of the pool blowing leaves onto it. DH is going to trim them back. His parents asked to borrow our ladder and DH said yes, but he wanted it back to trim the Lillipillys. MIL then proceeded to tell DH that if he just went to the other side of the fence that backs onto the road, then he could trim them a) without needing a ladder, and b) without risk of falling in the pool. Why she thought DH would stand on the pools edge on a ladder with an electric power tool is beyond me (and DH). DH always intended to go from the road side of the fence and they extend almost 2m above the fence line...

Bought us some new towels to “replace the ones I’d bleached”. Brought them over right when we were moving. They are a bright green (not Fluro or anything just very green) and she bought 2 towels and a hand towel. I accidentally bleached the floor/bath mat.. also it’s a different type of towel and not even close to the same shade of green our towels actually are. She’d also removed the tags and washed them for us.. I know she was just trying to be helpful but the timing was **** and she was proud to announce that she got them from the clearance table...

There’s a few more things I can’t remember, but said to DH that she acts as if she’s the parent to the kids and not the grandparent. I did suggest he have a word with her and just gently remind her of this fact. More than happy for her to be a grandparent to DD and DS, but she needs to remember that DH and I are capable adults who have managed to hold down jobs, buy and sell a house, have 2 children all without her doing it for us...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedGrace View Post
    Ooh I'm just going to sit here with my popcorn

8 yrs of no longer dealing with my mil, apart from one Facebook convo... bliss

Some pearlers I remember:

- "Girl! You haven't got many stretch marks!" - 36 weeks pregnant, sitting casually in her lounge, she just lifts my top up as she walks past : her partner and his creepy af sleezeball of a mate across from me...

- "he wanted it" - my stepson, the day beforehe turned 1, reached out for the udl can in her hand, so she gave him a swig. (In response to my jaw literally dropping and look of absolute disgust)

- "the hospital screwed up when I had him. (Motions to df) they gave me the afterbirth and kept the baby"

-"if you ever have trouble with anyone, let me know. Don't you smack em, I've got bipolar so I'll only get sent to ward 9, not jail"

-her partner is part of a bike gang.

- she rescued df from the system (foster care) ......at 18.....

There's so many more

But by far the last contact we had from her was the craziest, and that's saying something. Apparently, while being on the dole having never worked, she managed to lend df $75k and wanted it back because she's dying of cancer. To back it up she sent a distorted photo of *someone* with a photoshopped growth on the side of their face claiming it was her. The complexion was wrong (She's part (50%) aboriginal, the person was very Caucasian) the growth was a shape drawn over the facial features, in a flat colour, how badly edited it was, it could've been done in paint 🤣...if we didn't give it to get immediately she was going to take us to court🤨 that was 4 maybe 5 years ago now
    She’s sounds charming

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post

1. Brought over “Santa sacks” for DD and DS with presents that Santa supposedly left at their house

MIL use to do this. I think one of DHs sister must have had a word to her, as it hasn’t happened the last 2 years. The kids were all so confused - why would Santa leave presents at someone else’s house? And why doesn’t Nanna and Pop ever give us presents?