+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-DJ Nette View Post
    MIL use to do this. I think one of DHs sister must have had a word to her, as it hasn’t happened the last 2 years. The kids were all so confused - why would Santa leave presents at someone else’s house? And why doesn’t Nanna and Pop ever give us presents?
    Oh they still got Nana and Pop presents as well...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    She’s sounds charming
    There's sooo many reasons we have no contact with her now

Our first Xmas together we pre-arranged with her to mind our kitten from Xmas eve night, through to Christmas afternoon. They had to feed it twice.

She called df at 9pm Xmas eve to say the kitten had died. He was all stressed wanting to pack up and go home (she lived around the corner from us, my family 100 kms away) at that point he had no car, no license.... we'd only been with my family 90mins. My nieces etc I saw only a few times a year were there...
    He started packing the car... and she then called in hysterics, because it was a joke. From 1pm Xmas day she called him every 30 mins "where are you? It's after lunch! Where are you? Are you on your way?"

Ugh so messed up! So glad I don't have that anymore

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EnchantedGrace For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (27-12-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    On Christmas Day MIL said during lunch, “why are you all still in your pyjamas?” We were wearing matching tshirts and all in nice pants.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock (27-12-2020),MissTwiggley (27-12-2020),MLadyEm (27-12-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default SH!T my MIL says #2

My DH sent his mother a Merry Christmas message on Xmas morning and she replies by telling him that she is going to my SIL’s place for dinner (we no longer speak with SIL). This is after getting him to buy her a couple of chickens on Christmas Eve for us to take to her place for dinner on Christmas Night like we have done every Christmas for the last 20+ years.

We were left to explain to our children that we weren’t going to Nanny’s house for dinner this year like we normally do.

A bit of a heads up would have been nice love!
    Last edited by Chippa; 27-12-2020 at 17:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    First person I get to see after lockdown - MIL!

As she was arriving the cat attacked DD (who is 8). She has lots of scratches including on her stomach as she was wearing a crop top. I was looking at the scratches and MIL was there and says to DD ‘look at your beer gut, have you been drinking your dads beers’. I was horrified, but poor DD was still so upset about the scratches I’m not sure that she was paying too much attention.

If this is what MIL was like when DH was growing up, it might explain his and his 3 sisters constant weight battles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh timely reboot of this thread…

I posted a rant on FB the other day about my frustration taking DS to a respiratory clinic who then only Covid swabbed him when we wanted him assessed. MIL commented on my post wishing they could help us out and blamed lockdown.

As a side note, I asked DH this morning if he’s spoken to his mum this week and he said no. So despite me posting how unwell both kids have been, she’s not even phoned, texted, FB messaged to ask how any of us are even after mentioning in my post that DD had been to emergency twice. It’s all for the Facebook audience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Ahh timely reboot of this thread…

I posted a rant on FB the other day about my frustration taking DS to a respiratory clinic who then only Covid swabbed him when we wanted him assessed. MIL commented on my post wishing they could help us out and blamed lockdown.

As a side note, I asked DH this morning if he’s spoken to his mum this week and he said no. So despite me posting how unwell both kids have been, she’s not even phoned, texted, FB messaged to ask how any of us are even after mentioning in my post that DD had been to emergency twice. It’s all for the Facebook audience.
    Hugs, she really sounds like my MIL. All about the Facebook comment but no actual action.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

MLadyEm (09-08-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    Hugs, she really sounds like my MIL. All about the Facebook comment but no actual action.
    My sister said a few months back that altruism is not a word found in her dictionary.

I bet you she still FaceTimed their Japanese exchange student from like 8 years ago on Friday night though

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister said a few months back that altruism is not a word found in her dictionary.

I bet you she still FaceTimed their Japanese exchange student from like 8 years ago on Friday night though
    They are the same woman! MIL attended a birthday party for a friends daughters foster child last year and she is still talking about it. She was too tired to attend DD1 birthday the next week.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh good grief. I'm wondering if you MIL is my mother's long lost twin.

changed my mind. Way too identifying.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 09-08-2021 at 09:40.