+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Jobs for families package...

Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Isn't ccr already restricted to those working more than 15hrs?

Or did you mean ccb too?
    I thought the same thing until someone asked on a local school mum group I'm on, I looked it up as some mums were saying that you just needed to be working, didn't matter how many hours, I thought it was 15hrs to be eligible for CCR & sure enough as long as you are working you qualify. I think it was if you were volunteering it had to me at least 15hrs.

I actually work in admin in childcare so I was pretty shocked that I was wrong!

I think I may have been confused with the rule that mums who don't work (or under 15hrs per week) are only entitled to 24hrs a week (2days) CCB where as parents who work over 15hrs are entitled to the full 50hrs CCB hours per week. (4 days) not sure that one is still current but I think that's where I got confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrswhitehouse View Post
    I thought the same thing until someone asked on a local school mum group I'm on, I looked it up as some mums were saying that you just needed to be working, didn't matter how many hours, I thought it was 15hrs to be eligible for CCR & sure enough as long as you are working you qualify. I think it was if you were volunteering it had to me at least 15hrs.

I actually work in admin in childcare so I was pretty shocked that I was wrong!

I think I may have been confused with the rule that mums who don't work (or under 15hrs per week) are only entitled to 24hrs a week (2days) CCB where as parents who work over 15hrs are entitled to the full 50hrs CCB hours per week. (4 days) not sure that one is still current but I think that's where I got confused.
    I've used ccr to do an online course that took years longer than it should. It was helpful for me because I have no family and really needed a break but I only used cc for half the hours I paid for. I wish dc had half days, but thats another story... But I think the system needs to change as its so confusing even people at Centrelink don't understand the rules!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    I've used ccr to do an online course that took years longer than it should. It was helpful for me because I have no family and really needed a break but I only used cc for half the hours I paid for. I wish dc had half days, but thats another story... But I think the system needs to change as its so confusing even people at Centrelink don't understand the rules!!
    There is occasional care and some FDC do 1/2 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    There is occasional care and some FDC do 1/2 days.
    Yeah that's what I use but occ care hasn't got the stability/ familiarity that I want with different carers and kids every time and no guarantee of places. Only another year til preschool though 😀