+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    532
    Thanks
    1,147
    Thanked
    172
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Jobs for families package...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Isn't ccr already restricted to those working more than 15hrs?

    Or did you mean ccb too?
    I thought the same thing until someone asked on a local school mum group I'm on, I looked it up as some mums were saying that you just needed to be working, didn't matter how many hours, I thought it was 15hrs to be eligible for CCR & sure enough as long as you are working you qualify. I think it was if you were volunteering it had to me at least 15hrs.

    I actually work in admin in childcare so I was pretty shocked that I was wrong!

    I think I may have been confused with the rule that mums who don't work (or under 15hrs per week) are only entitled to 24hrs a week (2days) CCB where as parents who work over 15hrs are entitled to the full 50hrs CCB hours per week. (4 days) not sure that one is still current but I think that's where I got confused.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanks
    594
    Thanked
    353
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrswhitehouse View Post
    I thought the same thing until someone asked on a local school mum group I'm on, I looked it up as some mums were saying that you just needed to be working, didn't matter how many hours, I thought it was 15hrs to be eligible for CCR & sure enough as long as you are working you qualify. I think it was if you were volunteering it had to me at least 15hrs.

    I actually work in admin in childcare so I was pretty shocked that I was wrong!

    I think I may have been confused with the rule that mums who don't work (or under 15hrs per week) are only entitled to 24hrs a week (2days) CCB where as parents who work over 15hrs are entitled to the full 50hrs CCB hours per week. (4 days) not sure that one is still current but I think that's where I got confused.
    I've used ccr to do an online course that took years longer than it should. It was helpful for me because I have no family and really needed a break but I only used cc for half the hours I paid for. I wish dc had half days, but thats another story... But I think the system needs to change as its so confusing even people at Centrelink don't understand the rules!!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,880
    Thanks
    5,204
    Thanked
    3,905
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    I've used ccr to do an online course that took years longer than it should. It was helpful for me because I have no family and really needed a break but I only used cc for half the hours I paid for. I wish dc had half days, but thats another story... But I think the system needs to change as its so confusing even people at Centrelink don't understand the rules!!
    There is occasional care and some FDC do 1/2 days.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanks
    594
    Thanked
    353
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    There is occasional care and some FDC do 1/2 days.
    Yeah that's what I use but occ care hasn't got the stability/ familiarity that I want with different carers and kids every time and no guarantee of places. Only another year til preschool though 😀


 

Similar Threads

  1. What jobs do you hate doing?
    By Blossom74 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-02-2016, 17:58
  2. Large families, two car families
    By maternidade in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 20:11
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-12-2015, 02:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Sudocrem / InfacolSudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›