+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,080
    Thanks
    641
    Thanked
    362
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Jobs for families package...

    Anyone know why it's got this name? Makes it sound like they are going to help families get work but in fact it seems to just be a change to the child care benefits?? I think the new system will be better as the current one is so confusing! And it's good that low income families will be better off but other than an incentive to families to work more hours how is a job for families package?!?! And while I don't disagree with getting rid of the 7.5k cap my cynical brain does think this is yet another trick by the govt to get us lazy mums back working full time πŸ˜›
    My idea of jobs for families would be encouraging employees to offer flexibility and other family friendly terms... Silly me...

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

    mrswhitehouse  (04-05-2016)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,879
    Thanks
    5,206
    Thanked
    3,905
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not following...

    The govt is trying to get more families to work more hours.

    The govt definitely wants more more people to work more hours.

    More work=more income tax

    Yes it would be nice to get more flexibility and family friendly terms but that takes time. I'd like more CC open after hours and weekends. Or rebates for nannies for after hours weekend etc

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,879
    Thanks
    5,206
    Thanked
    3,905
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @ExcuseMyFrench is usually in the know

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,080
    Thanks
    641
    Thanked
    362
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    I'm not following...

    The govt is trying to get more families to work more hours.

    The govt definitely wants more more people to work more hours.

    More work=more income tax

    Yes it would be nice to get more flexibility and family friendly terms but that takes time. I'd like more CC open after hours and weekends. Or rebates for nannies for after hours weekend etc
    I thought the rebate was being extended to nannies now? Or at least from July?
    I know what they want, it's just the name that irks me as the only thing they are doing in this package is helping make cc more affordable. For some. It's more of a cheaper childcare for families if you can find a job package... But not so catchy πŸ˜‰

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,879
    Thanks
    5,206
    Thanked
    3,905
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    I thought the rebate was being extended to nannies now? Or at least from July?
    I know what they want, it's just the name that irks me as the only thing they are doing in this package is helping make cc more affordable. For some. It's more of a cheaper childcare for families if you can find a job package... But not so catchy πŸ˜‰
    I've never been aware the rebate has been applicable to nannies.

    I'm currently looking for work, I've got two options.
    1) work in my actual field that I have 10+ years experience in but as its shift work (nights/weekend) rotating roster I don't even get past the interview stage for it as Dh is unreliable and no after hours care on a rotational roster. No family near me.

    2) work any job/retail/admin etc. But CC is so expensive I need to earn $40+/HR to even make $50/day AFTER tax/CC. Not many admin retail jobs pay that.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,392
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked
    3,499
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    I've never been aware the rebate has been applicable to nannies.

    I'm currently looking for work, I've got two options.
    1) work in my actual field that I have 10+ years experience in but as its shift work (nights/weekend) rotating roster I don't even get past the interview stage for it as Dh is unreliable and no after hours care on a rotational roster. No family near me.

    2) work any job/retail/admin etc. But CC is so expensive I need to earn $40+/HR to even make $50/day AFTER tax/CC. Not many admin retail jobs pay that.
    They are planning to have/are having/had a trial for CC rebate for nannies for people who have shift work - I think.

    Tbh I like that the changes are means tested and that they have changed the rebate cap as that is one of the things that stops full time work - your cap runs out before the end of the year.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,879
    Thanks
    5,206
    Thanked
    3,905
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    They are planning to have/are having/had a trial for CC rebate for nannies for people who have shift work - I think.

    Tbh I like that the changes are means tested and that they have changed the rebate cap as that is one of the things that stops full time work - your cap runs out before the end of the year.
    Yes. I applied to be part of the pilot program but wasn't accepted. I didn't fit the requirements needed. It was only for FT workers. Not PT.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,122
    Thanks
    2,309
    Thanked
    2,916
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    They are planning to have/are having/had a trial for CC rebate for nannies for people who have shift work - I think.

    Tbh I like that the changes are means tested and that they have changed the rebate cap as that is one of the things that stops full time work - your cap runs out before the end of the year.
    A friend applied and found out you had to pay something like $30/hr to the nanny. It was cheaper for her to use child care.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked
    142
    Reviews
    4
    I thought the whole 'jobs for families' spin was because of the tougher work/study tests. The angle is supposed to be more support for parents who work - I think you have to do a minimum number of hours per week to qualify for the rebate under the proposed changes.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,879
    Thanks
    5,206
    Thanked
    3,905
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaM View Post
    I thought the whole 'jobs for families' spin was because of the tougher work/study tests. The angle is supposed to be more support for parents who work - I think you have to do a minimum number of hours per week to qualify for the rebate under the proposed changes.
    Isn't ccr already restricted to those working more than 15hrs?

    Or did you mean ccb too?


 

Similar Threads

  1. What jobs do you hate doing?
    By Blossom74 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-02-2016, 16:58
  2. Large families, two car families
    By maternidade in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 19:11
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-12-2015, 01:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
KindyROOKindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›