Closed Thread
Page 79 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    You can get both here but they are outrageously expensive, especially the Lupron, unless your doctor gets it for you under PBS authority. The difference for the Lupron on PBS is about $40 vs $400 private script. Ask at your pharmacy though because it's hard to get and they only have a double dose here in Australia so your doctor will give you half.
    Excellent - thanks @Petulia!

BTW - I rarely post anything as I haven't had much to add but read this thread religiously. Thank you ladies for all your help as I don't think I would be going down this path without all the info and experiences I have read about in here. Will try to post more regularly from here on in.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FMJ For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tahli - I did a HPT this morning & thought I saw a line come up but got home just now & it has gone. So thinking it may be in my head. I will now wait until Monday's BT. We don't know exactly which embies we transferred as CFC didn't mark the straws they were in. So there was a mixture of B2's & pre-blastocysts. We also had one day 6 B4AA. We just thawed them all & I know the B4AA was one of them but it didn't look great. Will let you know how I go on Monday. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you for your upcoming cycle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    Excellent - thanks @Petulia!

BTW - I rarely post anything as I haven't had much to add but read this thread religiously. Thank you ladies for all your help as I don't think I would be going down this path without all the info and experiences I have read about in here. Will try to post more regularly from here on in.
    So true @FMJ, I dont think i would have gone down this pathway if I had not read this forum. This has helped me tremendously and I just want to thank all the ladies who have shared their experiences, and valuable info. This is a great support forum for us all xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies (and Gents!) – I’ve been following this
    forum, reading all of your experiences and what you’ve been going through and its
    been so amazing to say the least! I just wanted to thank you for sharing such
    personal stories. I’m on the same journey as many of you. Currently, located in
    the US (California), my husband and I have been through countless IUIs and a
    surgery and now, we’ve finally decided to do IVF with an Egg Donor in South
    Africa (he’s originally from South Africa). It’s a bit overwhelming and there seems
    to be so much information out there. My head’s spinning from all the info! Anyway,
    our plan is to travel there March 2017. We’re coordinating with Dr Matebese at CapeTown
    Fertility Clinic. Can anyone tell us your experience with her and how effective
    their clinic is? Also, we’re told to expect to spend at least 12 days in Cape
    Town. However, according to what I’ve read, it seems that you only need to be
    there at the clinic for a week? We’re hoping to do a bit of sightseeing and
    wanted to coordinate flights and hotels as soon as possible since a lot of
    places are getting booked already. Any advice and suggestion is appreciated!
    Many thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cali2015 View Post
    Hello Ladies (and Gents!) – I’ve been following this
    forum, reading all of your experiences and what you’ve been going through and its
    been so amazing to say the least! I just wanted to thank you for sharing such
    personal stories. I’m on the same journey as many of you. Currently, located in
    the US (California), my husband and I have been through countless IUIs and a
    surgery and now, we’ve finally decided to do IVF with an Egg Donor in South
    Africa (he’s originally from South Africa). It’s a bit overwhelming and there seems
    to be so much information out there. My head’s spinning from all the info! Anyway,
    our plan is to travel there March 2017. We’re coordinating with Dr Matebese at CapeTown
    Fertility Clinic. Can anyone tell us your experience with her and how effective
    their clinic is? Also, we’re told to expect to spend at least 12 days in Cape
    Town. However, according to what I’ve read, it seems that you only need to be
    there at the clinic for a week? We’re hoping to do a bit of sightseeing and
    wanted to coordinate flights and hotels as soon as possible since a lot of
    places are getting booked already. Any advice and suggestion is appreciated!
    Many thanks!
    Firstly Dr Matebese is lovely. We only met with her twice while we were there but found her to be very kind and considerate. We ended up with Dr Le Roux for our transfer as Dr Matebese had to go on a conference. He was also quite nice. I pretty much loved everyone we met there.

We stayed in CT for 11 days in total. Their only real advice is to not fly home the day after your transfer - wait a couple of days. Our transfer was Wednesday and we flew home Friday afternoon.

I know the feeling of wanting to book in advance - it's exciting and it feels like it gets the ball rolling quicker but unfortunately until you have your dates from CFC you won't know exactly what dates you need to be there. The two weeks they say covers any date changes that may occur. You need to have your lining scan and then a couple of days later the eggs are retrieved. This can alter based on your donor. If that moves then so does everything else. My tip, if you really feel you have to book now, is to either get flexible flights or be prepared to pay to change your flights. We changed ours to go home a couple of days early and it only cost us a couple hundred dollars.

Have you chosen your donor yet? If not, take your time with that process. But also be prepared for anything. We had a donor chosen who I was completely convinced was perfect. Two weeks before our arrival in CT her test results revealed that she wasn't the right one for us. I then went into a mild panic and a lot of emailing a few of the donor agencies to find a suitable donor who was available for us at the exact time we were planned to be in CT. This, as it turned out, was a blessing in disguise. She gave us fantastic results and we are now 3 weeks pregnant. It's all up to me now.

Cape Town is a lovely place to visit. You will find plenty to keep you entertained on the days you don't need to be at the clinic. We stayed in a serviced apartment which gave us the freedom to have a pj day when we didn't feel like being tourists.

Good luck on your journey and best wishes. Everyone on here is a wealth of information and I wouldn't have coped with the whole process if it weren't for them guiding and advising me.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

arall  (30-07-2016),cali2015  (06-08-2016),mardicharli  (30-07-2016),midnite01  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli I did a POAS on wednesday when I got back from SA which was 6d past 5 dts - negative result. You could have blown me away with a feather when my blood test came back postitive yesterday. ( I did a day early as my GP is not open saturday)POAS to double check faint line at 8d past 5dts . In shock ! especially after a difficult transfer ,overheating my embryo and zero symptoms!

So now do I need to organise another intralipid? and how often?
    @Luca I hope you get the same result Good luck x @Tahli hope all goes well for your next trip - I know you are off soon x

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to arall For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (09-08-2016),Blinky76  (31-07-2016),HB13  (30-07-2016),mardicharli  (30-07-2016),Tahli  (30-07-2016),wazbub  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by arall View Post
    @Tahli I did a POAS on wednesday when I got back from SA which was 6d past 5 dts - negative result. You could have blown me away with a feather when my blood test came back postitive yesterday. ( I did a day early as my GP is not open saturday)POAS to double check faint line at 8d past 5dts . In shock ! especially after a difficult transfer ,overheating my embryo and zero symptoms!So now do I need to organise another intralipid? and how often? @Luca I hope you get the same result Good luck x @Tahli hope all goes well for your next trip - I know you are off soon x
    Oh that's so exciting for you. Fingers crossed

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

arall  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You beauty @arall!! I'm absolutely thrilled for you, woo hooooo!!!!
    Where's your stick pick Hun and what was your hcg and p4 level? I can just imagine how shocked you were taking the call. Did you have to ask the nurse to repeat herself, lots?? So a lovely snuggley warm massage might have helped rather than hindered.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

arall  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you caved and tested again @Luca? What brand of HPT did you use? Your embies sound similar to the TET that I'll be doing if the 3 embies thaw well enough for transfer. I have everything crossed for Monday's result!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @cali2015!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

arall  (30-07-2016),cali2015  (31-07-2016)