+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Jojo85: u r responding to the drug that's a good thing. I was never a good responder. I was on melatonin for my last fresh cycle. I did acupuncture. Not so much with the Chinese herbs because I was already on a lot of vitamins. CoQ10, maca root, vit E, elevit, fish oil, calcium, vit D (deficient will cause bad egg quality) etc. my acupuncturist is against herb during the cycle. Maca root isn't supposed to be taken during the cycle either.

They can't tell from the look of the eggs. If they r grainy, bad sign. Otherwise, they can't tell.

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @needofhope Here is the azoospermia thread, try posting your questions here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if anyone has gone through multiple mTESE and if it's ok? M

Hi all I've stumbled on this thread...We need TESE sperm and have gone through one mTESE and two TESE/TESA ...for use with ICSI...

The last TESE we were told he'd have to go through another mTESE if we want any more sperm for ICSI.

I'm nervous as there's much scar tissue building up and also heard that it can cause permanent damage such as stop testosterone production.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummanow: is your DH seeing a male FS? I am very shocked to know that the current dr suggests multiple mTESE or TESE. It is such an invasive procedure. You would only want to do it once (mTESE) in most cases. Twice is a hard push. after the mTESE, dr would recommend hormone test few months later to check the effect. Normally, they don't expect it to affect much of small amount of tissue has been removed. That's the benefit for mTESE rather than TESE (which larger samples are blindly taken out). May I suggest consult with The dr to get the hormone test done? It can certainly mess up the hormone given that DH has been doing this a few times.

Your DH is a brave man to go through this multiple times. It is a surgery after all and my DH didn't want to do it the second time for many reasons. We didn't ask the dr if that's even a choice given the poor prognosis. Mtese is an once and for all surgery for us. ONE chance....

From the sound of it, your DH has sperms with mTESE? What about tesa? That's sperm aspiration. This is less invasive. Do u know his diagnosis? Sertoli cell only? Maturation arrest etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wondering if you've been told or know about donor sperm. It is available it may be a wait in some clinics but not all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to suggest TESA as well, as this can be done multiple times and it's not as aggressive as TESE/mTESE.
    @MysticFalls I'm sure everyone knows about donor sperm. This thread is about azoospermia, not donor sperm. I don't know why some people are quick to push donor sperm onto others. Perhaps you can contribute in a more meaningful way and in response to the questions asked at hand rather than trying to insult others with talk of donor sperm and whether they've heard about it.

I'm sure there are a lot of donor threads on here you can push your donor suggestions onto.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ronnyj23 For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (27-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Azoospermia #3

Dude it was just in case you didn't know that was an option calm your farm.

Talk about raw nerve.
    Last edited by MysticFalls; 28-12-2016 at 10:18.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (30-12-2016),melsam85  (28-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @mummanow: is your DH seeing a male FS? I am very shocked to know that the current dr suggests multiple mTESE or TESE. It is such an invasive procedure. You would only want to do it once (mTESE) in most cases. Twice is a hard push. after the mTESE, dr would recommend hormone test few months later to check the effect. Normally, they don't expect it to affect much of small amount of tissue has been removed. That's the benefit for mTESE rather than TESE (which larger samples are blindly taken out). May I suggest consult with The dr to get the hormone test done? It can certainly mess up the hormone given that DH has been doing this a few times.

Your DH is a brave man to go through this multiple times. It is a surgery after all and my DH didn't want to do it the second time for many reasons. We didn't ask the dr if that's even a choice given the poor prognosis. Mtese is an once and for all surgery for us. ONE chance....

From the sound of it, your DH has sperms with mTESE? What about tesa? That's sperm aspiration. This is less invasive. Do u know his diagnosis? Sertoli cell only? Maturation arrest etc?
    Sorry late reply!!
    He has had one mTESE under GA. They didn't recommend any test afterwards (dr lok).
    I may have used he wrong acronym but meant to say he has had a couple of Tesa/ TESE ?? Where they go in blindly under local only.

Only issue is he has had a vasectomy twenty years ago and reversal didn't work.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a stressful area this infertility stuff so nerves are already high. We need to be kind to each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummanow: from the sound of it, your dh doesn't have the real azoo which is good news. I don't know much about the side effect with multiple tesa (under local). I would have thought that one tesa would have given plenty of vials for his condition. Unless I misunderstood?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (10-01-2017)