Closed Thread
Page 88 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Gagingi is it cheaper to do another cycle in same year?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie8888 View Post
    @Gagingi is it cheaper to do another cycle in same year?
    Usually it is cheaper @Rosie8888 as you've reached the Medicare threshold so you get more back. Possibly even more so at the moment, as the Liberals/Turnbull government were planning to cut the amount we get back on IVF quite dramatically, but they put that on hold because of the upcoming election. Therefore if they get back in at next weekend's election I'd expect they'll reduce the Medicare IVF refunds as quickly as they can. Similarly they put plans to cut bulk billing of pathology on hold for the election, so it's likely they'll reduce bulk billing for pathology and we'll be out-of-pocket for all our blood tests. So if you can, I'd do another cycle as soon as you can. If Labor gets in, then less of a rush, but still cheaper as you'd have reached the threshold.

From a cycle perspective I always got better quality eggs on the second of a back-to-back stim cycle. A lot of FSs won't let you do them, but as long as you are sufficiently recovered Warren will. When I went to do my first back-to-back I researched the literature and found that a few studies have found back-to-backs can work better than having a gap.

Putting all of that aside, I'm still hopeful you'll get your BFP this week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Gagingi that makes sense. I think if I have a bfn I'll do another cycle rather then transferring the not very good embie and hope I get more embies in that cycle and the rebate will be even better. That also sounds good about the research you have done.
    I hate the election stuff.
    Thanks honey I have 3 sleeps of waiting to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chyna your private messages are full sorry I can't reply to your message!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Quick question ladies will be back for personals later, when you are all planning your next cycles do you see warren for a wtf appointment or do you plan your next step through the nurses???
    Yeah following our last failed cycle @Heyside we made a follow up appointment with Wazza once we felt ready to talk about it and then made a plan for our current cycle. I actually found it really helped me to talk things through and make a new plan. I'm still hoping you won't need to do that though xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsparso For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (26-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your well wishes @gorgeousgeorge. It's really appreciated xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsparso For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (26-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie8888 View Post
    @mrsparso cramps have gone for me also and feel normal also just bloated and anxious. It must of felt good getting all glamoured up and a distraction. I was craving baileys last night. It so cold i live in the boarder of Ipswich and brrrrrr
    Yeah I'm the same as you. Just a lot of bloating but no cramps. I'm really tired but i know that's just the progesterone. Oh baileys...yum! That sounds good too. I hope you're managing to stay warm. It would definitely be colder where you are xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis-Wazza appreciation thread #3

@mrsparso thank gosh for reverse cycle ac. I've had it on 25 all day haha! I have been to the toilet 5 times today bloody ibs haha !! I had progesterone this morning then went back to bed and didn't wake up until 11 haha! Caught up on much needed sleep. I hope you are warm also. I havnt been having foods that I know set off my ibs so I'm assuming it's the meds? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside I've only done back to back FET cycles this year but when have got bfn's, I've waited til my period came then called nurses and booked appt with warren for day 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok ladies I have been awol today as we took DD to Disney on Ice, it was so lovely to just get out forget about all this ttc for just one day. DH and I spoke a lot about where to go from here on the trip down though thats why I asked my question earlier.
    @Rosie8888 - I am glad you have a plan in place for Wednesday I really hope it works well for you. No my medicare isn't in yet but I haven't even had my usual phone call to confirm my details yet so it will be a while yet I think. Its definately been cold today so you must be really feeling it bbbrrrrr!!!
    @Kymkhyme - Welcome hun, sorry to hear you havent responded as you expected from your cycle. @Chyna is a great example that iui can work though hun for someone in your situation, her story has also encouraged a close friend of mine to try iui so definately don't give up hope. Hope your trigger went well tonight and all goes well Tuesday. If you are not ready to think about what ifs yet and next possibilities then concentrate on this cycle and it the best shot. You are still young though so hopefully this was just a one off x
    @mummymaybe - Congrats on getting to transfer hun do happy for you hope the change with the pregnyl injections makes the difference for you. Good luck and positive vibes x
    @mrsparso - Sounds like you had a full on day yesterday with the ball, things are never as relaxed anymore going out are they, remember when it was all about organising yourself and chilling out with a glass of bubbles haha! Hoping feeling more like yourself is a good thing but your bubba is just more settled x
    @gorgeousgeorge - Lovely advice you gave to @Kymkhyme, it must have been a difficult position for you to be in but its so nice to read you being so together with your decision now and knowing it's the best journey for you. Thankyou so much for your lovely message hun you nearly made me cry, thankyou for your nice words its nice to hear that I have supported people on here, I think we are all so good at that. I definitely think its part of the grieving process for me to make a plan and prepare for next step so yes thanks for that hun. I love your idea of a little mothers group down the line too with all our beautiful bubs it will happen x

AFM - Emotionally I have made the decision that waiting 6 months is not a possibility for me and I need to keep going even if it does mean a possible due date might not work practically for me. So when we get official result on Wednesday we need to decide where to from here. Initially we did decide to do an FET with our frozen embie but now we might decide on another fresh and putting back the frozen tested embie and test any 5 day blasts again. @Gagingi I tried to research if back to back cycles produced better results and couldn't find much where did you get this info from? If that is the case it definitely would make sense to try another stimulated cycle again, really didn't think I would ever be thinking about a fifth fresh cycle that's scary!! I Think I might write a list of questions for wed to discuss with the nurses and they can decide if I need to see Warren personally to discuss things. Thanks for everyones input x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (27-06-2016)