Closed Thread
Page 56 of 103 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1021
  1. #551
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked
    19
    Reviews
    0
    Hi ladies, stupid question - but Wazza said he wanted hubby and I to get semen in me tonight (after EPU). Does anyone know why?

    Sorry for TMI, I should have asked him today but completely forgot.

  2. #552
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked
    94
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zowiebluebell View Post
    Hi ladies, stupid question - but Wazza said he wanted hubby and I to get semen in me tonight (after EPU). Does anyone know why?

    Sorry for TMI, I should have asked him today but completely forgot.
    It's meant to help with the lining and embryo sticking (from memory). What he should have given your DH is a cup to put into, then a syringe to insert since you'll be too sore to do it the conventional way.

  3. #553
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    863
    Thanks
    2,947
    Thanked
    2,964
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sumteng View Post
    It's meant to help with the lining and embryo sticking (from memory). What he should have given your DH is a cup to put into, then a syringe to insert since you'll be too sore to do it the conventional way.
    @Zowiebluebell it's also in case an egg is missed at EPU (assuming your tubes are intact and DP sperm is viable). Apparently twice Wazza couples have got pregnant when they'd done a freeze all. Even if DP has had vasectomy, whilst you won't get pregnant, semen helps with lining as @sumteng said. He'll get you to DTD before ET too (with our successful cycle we did night before and that morning to make sure we were covered). Research has found that the more frequently couples have s.ex, even during non-fertile times the more likely a pregnancy will occur - maybe in some way it tells your body you really want to be pregnant?

    I hope your recovery is going well.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

    Zowiebluebell  (13-06-2016)

  5. #554
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    863
    Thanks
    2,947
    Thanked
    2,964
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sumteng View Post
    @Gagingi thanks for thinking of me! Had placed myself a Dr Google ban cos it was making me mental hence MIA on BH! Stalked until I got an appointment with Charlotte this arvo and the bleeding has since stopped. She seems to think it was old Crinone even through it looked like blood clot tissues - apparently its industrial strength and can look like spot/bleed. Got heartbeat 165bpm, measuring 15.7mm - immensely calmed down once Charlotte probed and prodded and found no other signs! Been given further bed rest - so total 5.5 wks! Will be a bugger to miss the Baby Expo this wkend Firm no leave pass (again) till Intralipids this Friday.

    Make sure you leave an air bubble and if the nurses have kindly given you the smaller needles to filter it (the standard one it comes with is blunt and nasty!).
    @sumteng - hang in there Hun. All sounding good with your bubba and I find Charlotte very thorough. It sounds scary though. I hate Crinone - would pessaries be better? Also do you do a clean out? Make sure you rest up and try to relax. I'm so tired that whilst I'm just off bedrest I'm still only managing half days. Sorry you'll miss the expo ...

    What's this about smaller needles!!!!! My bruises were fading (slightly) and then one night for no reason a needle must have gone in badly, as the next day every old bruise was a deep purple (and still is a fortnight later), and now my entire expanding tummy is still a hideous purple mess. Even Charlotte was shocked when she went to do ultrasound. I'm doing needles around the edges and just hoping bruising doesn't extend any further and that I don't run out of clean space. I'm hoping I come off Clexane in a few weeks (although I believe some girls are on it for the duration). Based on previous cycles I expect bruising will take at least 10 weeks to disappear once I stop. I keep telling DH that the social workers will be all over him if I need to go to hospital for any reason - as well as my tummy I have multiple bruises from blood tests, cannulas, and random bumps. I'm glad it's winter.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

    Chyna  (14-06-2016)

  7. #555
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,040
    Thanks
    1,645
    Thanked
    764
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsparso View Post
    Hi Everyone, thanks for your well wishes today. I got 7 eggs which I'm a bit disappointed about as we were aiming for 12. Just got to hope there's a good one in that collection. On the plus side I recovered better this time around from the anesthesia. Just have cramping which the heat pack and panadol is helping with. Now the anxious wait of waiting for the embies to grow begins. There were quite a few couples i saw today come in for transfers so I really hope we get to make it to that stage this time. @Rosie888 and @Heyside I'm so pleased to hear that your embies are going well. The bloating definitely sucks and i hope it settles down for both of you soon. Fingers crossed the movicol helps. @Zowiebluebell that is a fantastic number of eggs you managed to get lovely. I hope you recover well and get good news about embies tomorrow.
    Honey, I'm so sorry ypur dissapointed with your numbers. You 9nly need 1. I only had 3 and got my bfp. Fx for you xx

  8. #556
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,040
    Thanks
    1,645
    Thanked
    764
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @sumteng - hang in there Hun. All sounding good with your bubba and I find Charlotte very thorough. It sounds scary though. I hate Crinone - would pessaries be better? Also do you do a clean out? Make sure you rest up and try to relax. I'm so tired that whilst I'm just off bedrest I'm still only managing half days. Sorry you'll miss the expo ...

    What's this about smaller needles!!!!! My bruises were fading (slightly) and then one night for no reason a needle must have gone in badly, as the next day every old bruise was a deep purple (and still is a fortnight later), and now my entire expanding tummy is still a hideous purple mess. Even Charlotte was shocked when she went to do ultrasound. I'm doing needles around the edges and just hoping bruising doesn't extend any further and that I don't run out of clean space. I'm hoping I come off Clexane in a few weeks (although I believe some girls are on it for the duration). Based on previous cycles I expect bruising will take at least 10 weeks to disappear once I stop. I keep telling DH that the social workers will be all over him if I need to go to hospital for any reason - as well as my tummy I have multiple bruises from blood tests, cannulas, and random bumps. I'm glad it's winter.
    Honey i was the same with clexane bruises. I ended up using the sides as no normal bruise free skin left. I finished mine at 12wks and at 16 still have them. Hopefully they will dissapear soon.
    Last edited by Chyna; 14-06-2016 at 08:01.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

    Gagingi  (14-06-2016),sumteng  (14-06-2016)

  10. #557
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,456
    Thanks
    3,352
    Thanked
    4,410
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Rosie8888 - I took the movocol last night lets just say it hasn't been the best of experiences but I have had a biwel movement so hopefully yhings improve. At least you had someone you could ask about the crinone, the nurse at my old clinic demonstrated how to open them for me first time.
    @sumteng - Great to hear bleeding has stopped and Charlotte has eased your mind about things must be lovely and reasurring to hear that heartbeat x
    @Zowiebluebell - Agree with the other girls Wazza and charlotte (last epu) both suggested getting some swimmers in the right place incase and egg was dropped during epu, just a way of upping your chances.

    AFM - Ok ladies need your opinions, I took the movicol last night just before dinner and within half an hour I came out in cold sweats. I started to also feel light headed and nauseous and every hair on my head hurt. It doesn't seem to be the symptoms of OHSS but it does worry me a little. I did have a bowel movement not long after but have still felt the same overnight. This morning I have taken some panadol and it seems to have helped some, will see how I go the rest of this morning but hoping things get better from here.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

    sumteng  (14-06-2016)

  12. #558
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked
    19
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    @Rosie8888 - I took the movocol last night lets just say it hasn't been the best of experiences but I have had a biwel movement so hopefully yhings improve. At least you had someone you could ask about the crinone, the nurse at my old clinic demonstrated how to open them for me first time.
    @sumteng - Great to hear bleeding has stopped and Charlotte has eased your mind about things must be lovely and reasurring to hear that heartbeat x
    @Zowiebluebell - Agree with the other girls Wazza and charlotte (last epu) both suggested getting some swimmers in the right place incase and egg was dropped during epu, just a way of upping your chances.

    AFM - Ok ladies need your opinions, I took the movicol last night just before dinner and within half an hour I came out in cold sweats. I started to also feel light headed and nauseous and every hair on my head hurt. It doesn't seem to be the symptoms of OHSS but it does worry me a little. I did have a bowel movement not long after but have still felt the same overnight. This morning I have taken some panadol and it seems to have helped some, will see how I go the rest of this morning but hoping things get better from here.
    @Heyside it could be a reaction to the Movicol but I think you should call Wazza just to be sure. I'm super paranoid about OHSS.

    I hope you feel better soon!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zowiebluebell For This Useful Post:

    Heyside  (14-06-2016)

  14. #559
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    349
    Reviews
    0
    Ok so we had 5 eggs fertilize normally overnight. All 7 eggs were mature and fertilized but one didn't make it and 1 didn't have the right genetic makeup or something like that. I'm so terrified about calling tomorrow as that's when we found out about the multinucleation last cycle. I feel like I'm going to be stress cleaning all day and perhaps all week!
    @Heyside glad to hear you've had a bowel movement but sorry bout the other symptoms you've been getting. Is it possible you've had a reaction to the movicol? Perhaps worth chatting with one of the nurses or Wazza just to get their opinion. Fingers crossed for you lovely that it's nothing to worry about xxx @sumteng very relieved to hear your news. Keep looking after yourself. @Zowiebluebell hope you are feeling ok today and got some good news about your embies.

    Thanks to everyone that has given advice about the clexane injections. I'll be starting them tomorrow so will be taking on board all of your advice.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsparso For This Useful Post:

    sumteng  (14-06-2016)

  16. #560
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    349
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyna View Post
    Honey, I'm so sorry ypur dissapointed with your numbers. You 9nly need 1. I only had 3 and got my bfp. Fx for you xx
    Thanks lovely. That definitely gives me some confidence. We've had 5 fertilize overnight so fingers crossed they keep growing well over the next few days xx

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsparso For This Useful Post:

    Chyna  (14-06-2016),Gagingi  (14-06-2016),sumteng  (14-06-2016),Zowiebluebell  (14-06-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1228
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 12:16
  2. Replies: 976
    Last Post: 30-01-2016, 10:40
  3. partner appreciation thread
    By Luanajo in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-01-2016, 09:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
TribalanceTriBalance is a physio, yoga & pilates studio in Brisbane's inner north, offering specialised women's health ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›