Closed Thread
Page 27 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @MamaKas I had something similar at about 9 weeks. Waz advised bed rest for 2 weeks and cyclocapron and Valium. I followed these orders and had all turned out fine... With my daughter being almost 2 now. I had some more spotting at about 13 weeks also. Rest up to give bubs the best chance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (26-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    @MamaKas I had something similar at about 9 weeks. Waz advised bed rest for 2 weeks and cyclocapron and Valium. I followed these orders and had all turned out fine... With my daughter being almost 2 now. I had some more spotting at about 13 weeks also. Rest up to give bubs the best chance.
    @kylie76 yes I'm on those two as well. Was yours a ruptured blood vessel? I don't actually know what that means but the words threatened miscarriage I couldn't ignore. I'm confident if I follow doctors orders baby will be ok. Did he say it just goes away?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    Boo hoo! Warren's put me on bed rest for up to 4 weeks... Found a small rupture in a blood vessel near baby's placenta and after a small bit of bleeding on the weekend he's calling it a threatened miscarriage. We are 8 weeks and baby is ok so far though and Heart beat of 140.
    Lots of doing nothing for me now and I'm just about to call work and explain. Very nervous. Thank god my mum is going to come from
    Gold Coast regularly to help me and DH with our boys.
    @MamaKes we saw Wazza today too and I'm on 2 weeks bed rest and a small dose of Valium. A slight crack/hidden bleed apparently. I had a tiny/minuscule bit of spotting at about 5 weeks which I thought was irritation from the pessary. Then CM noted a broken spot on the first and second scan, but well away from bub. Wazza wants me to see our OB in the next week or so. I've been taking it easy after CM said no exercise, but this is even less activity . Wazza said he couldn't say when it happened. He did say the prognosis was good and that 10% of women have spotting during pregnancy without issue. I'm bored already though!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (26-05-2016),MamaKes  (26-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @MamaKes we saw Wazza today too and I'm on 2 weeks bed rest and a small dose of Valium. A slight crack/hidden bleed apparently. I had a tiny/minuscule bit of spotting at about 5 weeks which I thought was irritation from the pessary. Then CM noted a broken spot on the first and second scan, but well away from bub. Wazza wants me to see our OB in the next week or so. I've been taking it easy after CM said no exercise, but this is even less activity . Wazza said he couldn't say when it happened. He did say the prognosis was good and that 10% of women have spotting during pregnancy without issue. I'm bored already though!
    Oh honey take it easy. Thinking of you also. Big hugs and get some Magazines and relax xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    Thanks @Chyna yeah so glad to have Warren on my side... I've only done a little bit this morning like make kids lunches and breakfasts and then gone back to the couch (and Netflix ;-) but once mum is up I will be able to do less.
    Did you end up taking time off too from 8 weeks? I'm interested in finding out how others managed who had the same 'ruptured blood vessel' thingy and if it just resolved itself or what? Forgot to ask...
    Yes i took the time off that day, made the call to work on the drive home didn't want to risk it as he knows what he's talking about and it definately helped. I'm not a person who can sit still and do nothing ( even when i had tore my calf muscle in two places i was up doing things) but this time i did what i was told. Bub depended on it. If you need a hand at all honey I'm around. My partner got me some dvd's, trashy mags and crossword books. He was so sweet walked in with a few bags full of stuff to keep me amused. You really need to do nothing hey. The simpliest of things can trigger it. When we lost bub in January i got told beforehand to do nothing for 3weeks but i still did what i thought wasn't much and the outcome wasnt good so all i can say is seriously do nothing and hope all will sort itself out. When is your Mum coming up? What did work say?
    Last edited by Chyna; 26-05-2016 at 18:13.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (26-05-2016),MamaKes  (26-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @Gagingi so sorry to hear this news babe. Can't believe we've had the same news just one day apart? I'm bored after 2 days too, moving from bed to lounge and not much else. Yours must be much less serious than mine as he's said 4 weeks for me :-(
    So you're home for next 2 weeks? Can anyone be home with you?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis-Wazza appreciation thread #3

Quote Originally Posted by Chyna View Post
    Yes i took the time off that day, made the call to work on the drive home didn't want to risk it as he knows what he's talking about and it definately helped. I'm not a person who can sit still and do nothing ( even when i had tore my calf muscle in two places i was up doing things) but this time i did what i was told. Bub depended on it. If you need a hand at all honey I'm around. My partner got me some dvd's, trashy mags and crossword books. He was so sweet walked in with a few bags full of stuff to keep me amused. You really need to do nothing hey. The simpliest of things can trigger it. When we lost bub in January i got told beforehand to do nothing for 3weeks but i still did what i thought wasn't much and the outcome wasnt good so all i can say is seriously do nothing and hope all will sort otself out. When is your Mum coming up? What did work say?
    You're sweet. Glad to hear you listened to 'doctors orders' this time and it paid off for you with a healthy growing Bub. Im planning on doing same. Tonight I sat on a kitchen chair and taught DS11 (almost mr12) how to cook dinner. He's did so great! He's always loved cooking but he mainly baked cakes and muffins. He made a one-pot Maggi Chicken Satay Rice dish. Did so well. Slicing uncooked chicken grossed him out though..ill make a good husband out of him!

Edited to say: mum's coming up Sunday but I wish it was sooner. DH already not coping and we are only 2 days in. Work was fine. Very supportive. Relief!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (26-05-2016),Heyside  (26-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MamaKes - Oh sorry to hear you won't be able to attend your son's football tournament, typical timing, hopefully someone can film the game for you (not the same I know).
    @Gagingi - Oh no hun not you too what's going on??? It must be for the best though hun wazza knows his stuff, try to stay sain!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh...ok big panic. I just did the synarel spray and I think i stuffed it up bad. I felt it drip out of my nose so i sprayed again...and it dripped again so i sprayed again! So now I'm worried I've had 3 times the amount I'm supposed to. Now feeling paranoid I've overdosed myself!! Why did I spray again...twice!! Any thoughts??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh @mrsparso try not to worry and overthink if you are worried phone the nurses tomorrow to check. It does make sense in my head to spray again if it dripped out, did you forget to sniff?? Hope your af shows up soon, hopefully you can then reduce dose, if your cycle is planned similar to mine.