+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 70
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,298
    Thanks
    765
    Thanked
    791
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crabby View Post
    Just the crowds really and not as family orientated.....(know some will argue...) it is great - but for me if I was 20 years younger with no kids!
    Ah ok. In regards to caravan park, what about bus back at the end of the day in be city?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,298
    Thanks
    765
    Thanked
    791
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow caravan park $308-409 per night for a cabin!
    More than apartment in Coogee.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    18,232
    Thanks
    1,440
    Thanked
    7,854
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I sold a house in Railway st in Rockdale a few years back and am jaded from that probably as all the stories about the constant drama at the big pub on the corner that all the neighbours told me about, I just didn't find it a nice area , definitely wouldn't want to live around there but that's just from my experiences
    I'm sure there would be drama if you lived right near Peakhurst Inn or Oatley Pub or Pymble Hotel or Coogee Bay Hotel.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,298
    Thanks
    765
    Thanked
    791
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi all.
    I have two options now in our budget:
    1) Cronella opposite Shelley beach
    2) Coogee

    Which one do you think for 7 nights, mainly a beach holiday with 2-3 trips to Sydney city for Habour Bridge, Zoo and maybe one other thing. Thanks so much!!
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 30-04-2016 at 18:51.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,880
    Thanks
    5,206
    Thanked
    3,905
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Coogee hands down

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,800
    Thanks
    3,365
    Thanked
    6,726
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I'm sure there would be drama if you lived right near Peakhurst Inn or Oatley Pub or Pymble Hotel or Coogee Bay Hotel.
    I'm sure there would be but I've not had bad experiences with those ones, I'm just telling OP why "I" don't think Rockdale is very family holiday friendly location, Oatley Pub and Coogee bay are quite family friendly actually - Peakhurst not so much but no one holidays there!

    Actually OP if you stay in Coogee the Coogee bay hotel has a really nice Brasserie and their fish burger is really good! 😀 they also have a boutique hotel but it might be $$$

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,800
    Thanks
    3,365
    Thanked
    6,726
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Hi all.
    I have two options now in our budget:
    1) Cronella opposite Shelley beach
    2) Coogee

    Which one do you think for 7 nights, mainly a beach holiday with 2-3 trips to Sydney city for Habour Bridge, Zoo and maybe one other thing. Thanks so much!!
    Coogee , Cronulla is nice ( beaches are lovely) but a bit boring for a whole week and your too far away from all the action ( we live closer to Cronulla but still go to the eastern suburbs for the beaches, shopping and food ) for a first time trip stay as close to all the attractions as you can , then maybe try Cronulla and the outer suburbs on another trip

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    18,232
    Thanks
    1,440
    Thanked
    7,854
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

    Default Melbourne to Sydney

    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I'm sure there would be but I've not had bad experiences with those ones, I'm just telling OP why "I" don't think Rockdale is very family holiday friendly location, Oatley Pub and Coogee bay are quite family friendly actually - Peakhurst not so much but no one holidays there!

    Actually OP if you stay in Coogee the Coogee bay hotel has a really nice Brasserie and their fish burger is really good! 😀 they also have a boutique hotel but it might be $$$
    I get that. I just don't think saying that there are pubs and brothels in Rockdale so don't stay there because it is not safe. That is a moot point because they are everywhere.

    I suggested Brighton because the op said she wanted a calm beach (which I assumed meant no waves) and that she didn't mind staying in budget accommodation.

    If Rockdale was the only place within budget then it's not a bad place to stay. Sure it doesn't make the tourist books but it's close to beaches and the city.

    Just found this and thought it was very interesting.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1462009126.815975.jpg

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    18,232
    Thanks
    1,440
    Thanked
    7,854
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Hi all.
    I have two options now in our budget:
    1) Cronella opposite Shelley beach
    2) Coogee

    Which one do you think for 7 nights, mainly a beach holiday with 2-3 trips to Sydney city for Habour Bridge, Zoo and maybe one other thing. Thanks so much!!
    I would choose Coogee because it is closer to the city. It's got a massive playground near the beach and the walking paths around the coast is beautiful.

    Do you know exactly where it is? Hopefully it is right on the beach. We used to live at the top of Coogee Bay Rd and it is a huge hill to walk up

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,800
    Thanks
    3,365
    Thanked
    6,726
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I get that. I just don't think saying that there are pubs and brothels in Rockdale so don't stay there because it is not safe. That is a moot point because they are everywhere.

    I suggested Brighton because the op said she wanted a calm beach (which I assumed meant no waves) and that she didn't mind staying in budget accommodation.

    If Rockdale was the only place within budget then it's not a bad place to stay. Sure it doesn't make the tourist books but it's close to beaches and the city.

    Just found this and thought it was very interesting.
    Attachment 80846
    Just to clarify I said it was seedy and I thought it was not very family friendly , I didn't say it was dangerous and it's definitely not a typical Sydney tourist destination !


 

Similar Threads

  1. Overnight violence in Melbourne and Sydney
    By A-Squared in forum News & Current Affairs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-03-2016, 21:52
  2. The Mater Nth Sydney VS North Shore Private Hospital Sydney???
    By Bebedayz in forum Seeking a Maternity Hospital
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-01-2016, 16:22
  3. Melbourne clinics- Melbourne IVF vs Monash IVF???
    By SJ565 in forum Same Sex Parents
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 30-10-2015, 07:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting EducationProviding private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›