+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnymum View Post
    @mrswhitehouse, how did they find out you were still together with your husband? Did you have a house under both your and your husband names? Did you share any bank acc?

    My (now separated) husband and I did not have any of those since we relocated overseas and did not even have any assets overseas that were under our names.

    I'm starting my life from zero again here in Australia. (Ex) DH didnt leave any assets here prior to relocating so i didnt have anything associated with him anymore.
    The only reason they found out is because I told the lady from Centrelink on the phone, just in conversation. I'd only gone onto PPS because the Centrelink worker in the office told me that was suitable for my situation and gave me the forms for it, so I didn't think I had any reason to hide it.

    I asked her if we decided to 'break up' that night and didn't love each other anymore would I be entitled to PPS? Yes of course she said.

    We didn't have a rental house in our names together at the time, as I'd moved while he was away so couldn't put him on the lease too. So they wouldn't have known unless I told them. Was so annoying.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Another q's is does it really matter if I registered for a child support but (separated) DH wouldnt be able to pay? To be honest i dont really care. He says he has no definite income (he is overseas.. And unlikely to return to aust as he has no interest anyway). And i dont know how the centrelink can arrange it for me if they can get child supprt off him. And would this child support registration thing be complicated? Legally we are still married. Just separated on our own ways......[/QUOTE]

    Even if they can't get any money off of him at present for whatever reason it all gets accounted for so that it will be owed to you so whatever their assessment is accumulates in a debt for him for as long as he doesn't pay so as soon as they can get their hands on his income they would take as much as they legally could at the time and pay it to you in a lump sum so other then having to register for cs in order to get pps it's worth doing because if he is being dodgy with his income or not cooperating with them then it will just add up as arrears and they will get it out of him eventually.

    Definitely don't agree to private collect unless you 100 percent believe that he will pay what he is required to as once you go through private collection if he refuses to pay its a lot harder to get csa to collect on your behalf again and part of your payments from Centrelink are usually reduced based on what you should be receiving from cs so you would loose out on more then just what he is supposed to be paying you.

    I know it seems like more effort then it's worth to apply for cs if you don't even know if you will receive any money from him but it's just a one off claim and if you let csa do everything on your behalf you don't have to worry about it again unless you and him reconcile or your circumstances change.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Is this weird that i have not had any responses from centrelink in re my single parenting payment since i lodgded it 3 wks ago? I also lodged an ftb claims exactly 3 wks ago and received no news. Although i just started to work full time but i would appreciate any $ help from centrelink as i am technically a single mum! Even if they are unsure with my applications but they could ask me for further documentations etc but i have not had a single letter from them yet!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    No it's not weird. They are really busy and behind with processing claims. It's not uncommon. If you are concerned or in hardship give them a call.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2016
    If you want you can call them about it, they have 21 working day to process your claim usually. Claims are behind like always. You can claim hardship and they might be Abel to put a request into the processing team to look at it earlier

    When you call and it says to tell you what you are calling about say progress of claim. That will put you through to the right team.


Similar Threads

  1. Parenting payment partnered
    By Maddmumma in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-03-2016, 11:40
  2. about parenting payment and becoming partnered
    By Sensational in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2015, 02:23
  3. Sahm ftb and parenting payment partnered
    By maternidade in forum Stay At Home Mums (SAHMs) Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-07-2015, 21:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Melbourne Natural Medicine ClinicLeading natural health practitioners in fertility, preconception, pregnancy, and children's health. We take an ...
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›