+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just thought of one. For DH's birthday we get fish and chips and take out to the paddock for him because he's always harvesting.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC (07-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We also have a 'Mummy and x' day in the week before school starts. Just me and one child. Started it last year and it's going to keep going. It has to include a fairy bread lunch with the favourite Aunty.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC (07-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bumping to see who else has family traditions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Friday night we do movie and junk food for dessert and sleep on the fold out couch.y eldest LOVES it while I prefer my bed.

Xmas we do Sinterklass letters which are chocolate initials for each family member. We always get one for our daughter who passed away and share it.

Easter the Easter bunny and bilby leave chocolate and we get stuck into it straight away. They always leave something for each child and we share our daughters as a family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following as I love this sort of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loving these!

When I was a kid, Mum believed very much that breakfast was the most important meal of the day. I still basically remember her breakfast schedule. Monday=cereal, Tuesday=cornmeal or porridge, Wednesday=scones, Thursday=baked beans or sardines on toast, I forget what Friday was, Saturday=sausages, eggs, cinnamon rolls and juice (big treat) Sunday= Pancakes or waffles or popovers or crepes.

As a kid I thought that on Thursday the boys ate baked beans and the girls ate sardines on toast. When I was an adult I asked Mum 'why did you do a different breakfast for the boys and the girls?' Mum replied 'what are you talking about? It was your choice.' It just happened that my brothers and Dad preferred baked beans and my sister and Mum preferred sardines on toast, and I, as the youngest, assumed that I had to eat sardines on toast because that's what the girls ate.

It's just DH and I now. We do 'gratefuls' before dinner every night. I grew up religious, and I like that every night at the pre-dinner prayer, there would always be the mention of something that we are grateful for. As we're not religious, we don't do the prayer, but instead DH and I say one thing that we're grateful for before we eat.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OSmum2017 For This Useful Post:

Phia (05-08-2017),RangerBaker (05-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bumping this old thread.

I go through periods where i get really nostalgic over family traditions and I crave them for my own little family.

They normally always revolve around food whenever we used to drive through country towns as a family when i was a kid, we always had to stop at the local bakery.

Looking to start taking DD for a mummy daughter date once a fortnight at a country bakery local to us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG. Just read the original post:

Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    now I'm out of the new baby phase and feeling clear headed again.
    You mean I'll feel clear headed again some day?! I can't wait!

I live overseas and one thing I love here is the special foods that are eaten at particular times of the year. Obviously there are foods for Christmas and Easter, but there is also a special bun for next week (it's ski week), a special cake to celebrate poetry day, a juice for independence day, etc. It's quite nice I think. Do we have this in Australia? All I can think of is sausages at Bunnings or on election day, and pavlova in summer.