+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Growing pains???

Hi all, my son will be 4yrs old next month and he keeps saying his legs are sore....is this normal? Growing pain? Or a visit to the dr?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does it seem like it's muscular or skeletal? If you massage his legs or use deep heat or other cramp medications does it go away?

My DS started getting foot and lower leg cramps from 3-4 and only just seems to be growing out of it now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little girl who is 4 has been waking up about once a month at night for the last year crying from growing pains. We put a heat pack on her legs and if needed (rarely) a dose of Panadol. I remember waking up screaming myself as a child, as does my mother. I have asked several GPs and they have all told me not to worry about my little one who is otherwise perfectly happy and healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 5 yo son says the same from time to time. Yes I believe it's growing pains. Feel so bad for him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dad used to put socks on me when i got those pains, no idea if it did help or was just in my mind! A friend of mine recently mentioned she bought a magnesium spray that she rubs on her ds legs, to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so it's normal. I have not put deep heat on, as I think too young. He says his bones hurt but I don't know if he knows about his bones. He does not get up,during the night and his not one to cry easy. But I'm sure if the pain was bad he would. Poor kids.

His happy, energetic and healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids say their feet or legs hurt too from time to time and I always thought it was cramps. It wakes them up and I give them panadol if they are crying. By the morning they are fine. I think it's growing pains.