Good morning ladies. I am currently 33+5 and my LO has an isolated SUA and his growth has dropped from 20%ile to 10%ile. I have a follow up scan in two weeks to see if we will have to deliver early.
I also have funnelling and a shortened cervix length of 1.2cm and got my second Betamethasone inj last night as a precaution.
I am wondering if and when I could start expressing keeping in mind that I don't want to induce labour early with my short cervix. I want to make sure I have something on hand to fatten him up incase my milk doesn't come in right away should he need to come early.
Also, is it normal to feel aching/minor discomfort high in the vgina or could this be an indication of further shortening/dilation. I see my Ob tomorrow morning and I am also hoping to speak to his mw about these concerns.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
17-04-2016 09:42 #1
Single Umbilical Artery and expressing
Last edited by Ngaiz; 17-04-2016 at 09:45.
17-04-2016 09:49 #2
Not sure about the expressing part as I didn't try but my DD had SUA and had weekly scans from 28 weeks. I chose not to induce early as her weight was tracking ok. Ended up at 41weeks and 4kg/95th percentile so well over the 30th they'd predicted.
A lot is unknown but you can only do what you think is best at the time.
Hope all goes well x
The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:
17-04-2016 10:00 #3
Expressing I would wait until 36 weeks. That way if it does kick anything off its not as big a deal. Depending on your obstetrician will depend on how much info they can give you/if they even recommend it (some seem to be very anti antenatal expressing)
17-04-2016 10:11 #4
17-04-2016 10:16 #5
At this stage, I will wait until I get the results of my next scan before I start. With the cervix, Ob is happy for anything over 36w now that I've had the inj.
If he is indeed little, is it likely that he may need a short stay in SCN?
Ob is very accommodating and happy for me to anything that doesn't put myself or bub at risk.
Last edited by Ngaiz; 17-04-2016 at 10:24.
17-04-2016 10:27 #6
17-04-2016 10:32 #7
I'm already booked for a repeat caeser at 39 weeks so I assume it would just be brought forward (Ob advised early on that depending on growth it may be between 37/38 weeks). It's so hard because the scans are always just an estimate so you just never know. Just a waiting game I guess.
17-04-2016 12:37 #8
Ah fair point. Hopefully all will be ok and you can make it you your CS date with no issues. If your ob is happy for expressing from 36wks then he's obviously expecting things will be ok.
18-04-2016 12:57 #9Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2016
Oh well better get some 1ml syringes to store! I assume u can get at work ? If not pm me I'm local to u I think, u went to springwood didn't u for ivf?
18-04-2016 13:58 #10
By Mama Mirabelle in forum Breastfeeding SupportReplies: 7Last Post: 09-04-2016, 20:59
By GM01 in forum General HealthReplies: 32Last Post: 11-06-2015, 16:44
By nh2489 in forum Breastfeeding SupportReplies: 5Last Post: 03-05-2015, 12:56
Hunter Women's Health CentreHunter Women’s Health Centre care for women of all ages, in the full spectrum of their gynaecologic and obstetric ...
LATEST5 ideas for the perfect baby shower giftSurrogacy and why many parents break the lawHow to get your kids to bring home empty lunch boxes
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Any recommendations for convertible stroller?Product Recommendations & Questions
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
New mattress- onebed?General Sleeping & Settling Chat
Help with 7 week scan interpretationFirst Trimester Chat
Night worker in first trimesterFirst Trimester Chat
The Word Association Game #24Games & fun stuff
I am... #20General Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Private health insurance vs extrasPrivate Health Insurance Discussion