+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I didn't know I had endo until after my first pregnancy. Things were fine for me, AF came on time, short length and no pain. I had a medically necessary termination with my first pregnancy but afterwards I started having severe pains, legs collapse from under me and ovulation time would be excruciating. I had a lap/hyst about a year later and was found to have severe endo. They couldn't remove all the endo due to where it was but I was able to go onto a 6 month course of zoladex implants. My gyno, at the time, recommended to fall pregnant within the next year if I wanted to ever have babies. 5 years later when I was ready, I was able to fall pregnant naturally.
    I'm starting to think short length AF is not good! I wish I looked into endo earlier. Anyway, it's great to hear you were able to fall pregnant naturally I haven't heard of zoladex. Hopefully you don't have any endo related symptoms post birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I never actually thought about the short AF @nightowlsuprise I just always thought I was lucky even with endo. I'm not sure if they still use zoladex, it used to be used to treat prostate cancer patients, but definitely worth a look into if you can't get any relief elsewhere. Does put TTC on hold for a good 6 months though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC - Could you have severe endometriosis and not realise??

Quote Originally Posted by nightowlsurprise View Post
    I'm starting to think short length AF is not good! I wish I looked into endo earlier. Anyway, it's great to hear you were able to fall pregnant naturally I haven't heard of zoladex. Hopefully you don't have any endo related symptoms post birth.
    Hi ladies, I'm reading all ur stories and it's really making me wonder about endometriosis..

I'm got a few of the other auto immune issues that are often linked like high anti thyroid antibodies, raynauds, PCOS (I'm 42 & have an AMH of 24.7) .. I also used to swear I had IBS in my 20's although I never went to a GP about it.. I still have issues with bloating & pain frequently which def feels like it's bowel related..

Dr Jeffrey Braverman who is an FS/OBGYN/ reproductive immunologist in New York has suggested previously (based on the info I've given him) that I may have 'CRAMS' which he says is what he calls 'silent endometriosis'. I've read about it on his website and it does kind of make sense.

When I was younger Id have AF for 5 days & the first day or 2 could be terribly painful- I remember sometimes feeling like a could barely walk bcos I had pain down my legs. However now at 42 my AF is barely 2 days long, and I'm having problems with getting a lining thick enough to do IVF embryo transfers.

The thing is, I had a Lap/ hysteroscopy, D&C & dye studies in 2015 at a big public women's hospital here in Melbourne & they said everything was fine.. They were looking at my Fallopian tubes mostly to check if I had any issues.. But I was told everything looked good.
    And the pathology came back ok...

Do you think it's possible that there could be endo there but it was missed? Not seen? Or should I be looking into getting one of these DIE scans that one of the girls in here has mentioned?
    Last edited by Charlie74; 02-04-2017 at 18:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Hi ladies, I'm reading all ur stories and it's really making me wonder about endometriosis..

I'm got a few of the other auto immune issues that are often linked like high anti thyroid antibodies, raynauds, PCOS (I'm 42 & have an AMH of 24.7) .. I also used to swear I had IBS in my 20's although I never went to a GP about it.. I still have issues with bloating & pain frequently which def feels like it's bowel related..

Dr Jeffrey Braverman who is an FS/OBGYN/ reproductive immunologist in New York has suggested previously (based on the info I've given him) that I may have 'CRAMS' which he says is what he calls 'silent endometriosis'. I've read about it on his website and it does kind of make sense.

When I was younger Id have AF for 5 days & the first day or 2 could be terribly painful- I remember sometimes feeling like a could barely walk bcos I had pain down my legs. However now at 42 my AF is barely 2 days long, and I'm having problems with getting a lining thick enough to do IVF embryo transfers.

The thing is, I had a Lap/ hysteroscopy, D&C & dye studies in 2015 at a big public women's hospital here in Melbourne & they said everything was fine.. They were looking at my Fallopian tubes mostly to check if I had any issues.. But I was told everything looked good.
    And the pathology came back ok...

Do you think it's possible that there could be endo there but it was missed? Not seen? Or should I be looking into getting one of these DIE scans that one of the girls in here has mentioned?
    Hi @Charlie74, sorry to hear you're having a hard time trying to conceive. Your AMH looks really good. In my case, I had a good number of antral follicles, but my AMH was a bit low so my FS suggested it was endo bringing down my AMH, which I laughed off because I never had any endo symptoms. He asked if I ever had endo symptoms and I do recall having painful bowel movements during AF in my teens. He also asked if I had pimples during AF and I do notice some pimples during that time. I was on the pill for ages during my young adult life and that's why I didn't really have any symptoms and when I came off the pill, I never had any symptoms. My AF is usually 3 days long every 24 days and it's light. Anyway, he believed I had endo. I was going to do DIE or a sonovaginography but I read they were highly inaccurate and there was nothing better than a lap to find endo.

Having said that, I personally don't feel like you have endo based on the history you have provided, especially since you had a lap on 2015. But, it is possible it has grown since then if you've had failed IVF treatments because estrogen can really aggravate it and make it grow..

Could you ask the doctor who did your lap in 2015 and see whether they even looked for endo? My FS told me the most experienced person to do a lap was an fs, not a gyno.. He may only have gone in to see if you had Fallopian tube issues and not looked for endo, that's possible.. In my case, I was creating poor quality embryos.. If that's not the case for you, then I don't think you have endo.. My 2 cents..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (02-04-2017)