+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yeah I had been TTC for around 4 years with no joy - went to my FS who Dx a small cyst so decided on a lap rather than anything else in order to deal with the cyst.

Found pretty severe endo (I had no symptoms at all).

Cleared that - and 3 months later I fell pregnant naturally.

(that was over 10 yrs ago now. )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    yeah I had been TTC for around 4 years with no joy - went to my FS who Dx a small cyst so decided on a lap rather than anything else in order to deal with the cyst.

Found pretty severe endo (I had no symptoms at all).

Cleared that - and 3 months later I fell pregnant naturally.

(that was over 10 yrs ago now. )
    Wow.. This no symptoms business is really not ideal.. If I had symptoms, I would have done a lap ages ago! Argh..

How old were you at the time? I'm heading into my 40s, so wondering if that might be a bit late for the falling pregnant naturally within 3 months of a lap... I am hoping they find endo, because I have a reason..

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I was 33 at the time.

I have to say - my FS was quite astounded that I fell pregnant naturally. I did try again to have another baby afterwards (had another lap etc) but it didnt happen so its not a given ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    I was 33 at the time.

I have to say - my FS was quite astounded that I fell pregnant naturally. I did try again to have another baby afterwards (had another lap etc) but it didnt happen so its not a given ...

back. Thanks for sharing. Sorry you weren't able to fall pregnant afterwards.. This fertility business is not guaranteed at all, is it? So frustrating.. Hoping a miracle comes my way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They found stage 3 endo and excised it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nightowlsurprise View Post
    They found stage 3 endo and excised it all.
    That's great to hear! (not the part about Stage 3 endo, but that they excised it all). Your chances and pregnancy now will be massively increased. Are you going to try naturally for a bit or go straight to IVF? Either way all the best! 😘

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenFlower View Post
    That's great to hear! (not the part about Stage 3 endo, but that they excised it all). Your chances and pregnancy now will be massively increased. Are you going to try naturally for a bit or go straight to IVF? Either way all the best!
    Thanks so much @GreenFlower :hug: I was really happy they found endo too lol. I just wanted a reason for the failed IVF cycles..
    I'm 40 hun, so not sure how successful I'll be, but my levels don't seem to indicate a problem. I would like to go straight into IVF, but my new FS said no. He'd like me to try naturally for 4 months. He seems to think I've a better chance at natural conception than I do with IVF because I've had 7 failed IVF cycles... I worry about waiting 4 months.. I'm getting older and I really don't have the luxury of time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I thought I would share some info I found that might be of interest.
    Bee Propolis

Bee Propolis is a resinous mixture of tree sap, tree buds, tree leaves and other botanical sources that the bees make to seal small openings in their hives. Larger openings are sealed with beeswax. Once again the chemical constituents of bee propolis varies by region because different plants live in different climates.

Studies on “typical” northern temperate propolis showed it to contain 50% vegetable balsams, 30% waxes, 10% essential oils, and 5% pollen. This northern region propolis is mainly derived from conifers and poplars.

A study published in Fertility and Sterility (2003;80:S32) showed that 60% of women with endometriosis related infertility who took 500mg of bee propolis twice a day for 9 months became pregnant as opposed to 20% in the placebo group. Endometriosis pain, scar tissue and adhesion formation is thought to be triggered by inflammation response. Bee propolis has been shown to be extremely anti-inflammatory which may reduce endometriosis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will add that I take bee propolis for period pain and it has made a significant difference for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't know I had endo until after my first pregnancy. Things were fine for me, AF came on time, short length and no pain. I had a medically necessary termination with my first pregnancy but afterwards I started having severe pains, legs collapse from under me and ovulation time would be excruciating. I had a lap/hyst about a year later and was found to have severe endo. They couldn't remove all the endo due to where it was but I was able to go onto a 6 month course of zoladex implants. My gyno, at the time, recommended to fall pregnant within the next year if I wanted to ever have babies. 5 years later when I was ready, I was able to fall pregnant naturally.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Simil  (02-04-2017)