+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,749
    Thanks
    3,833
    Thanked
    3,656
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds all a bit hard really. Our pool doesn't even have doors on the showers. A lot of gyms I have been to have see-through doors. I just strip off in the locker room, quickly wrap a towel and make for the shower. No eye contact, just get it done.

    My pet hate is when people try make conversation while they and/or you are nude. I am very much in/out minimal fuss, no ones looking.

    If you want to be really tricky you can kind of get dressed/undressed underneath a (large) towel. At least for the removal of underwear etc. We did this as kids on the beach all the time. But I couldn't be bothered now.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,075
    Thanks
    1,988
    Thanked
    1,528
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    My pet hate is when people try make conversation while they and/or you are nude. I am very much in/out minimal fuss, no ones looking.
    "Gotten a good look? Can I shower now? Cool"

    #innerbiatch

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

    headoverfeet  (15-04-2016),sunnygirl79  (13-04-2016)

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    352
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked
    149
    Reviews
    0
    I was doing bikram yoga for a while and there was one big shower with about 12 shower heads and all the women would just be in there showering completely naked, walk naked back to their locker and dress chatting the whole time.
    I lived close by (3 min walk) so always went home to shower.
    If I had to in your situation I would undress, cover with towel, shower, cover with towel and dress - is there more toilet cubicles than showers? Maybe you could dress in there?

  5. #24
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gippsland
    Posts
    14,937
    Thanks
    1,246
    Thanked
    4,080
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michellead View Post
    I was doing bikram yoga for a while and there was one big shower with about 12 shower heads and all the women would just be in there showering completely naked, walk naked back to their locker and dress chatting the whole time.
    I lived close by (3 min walk) so always went home to shower.
    If I had to in your situation I would undress, cover with towel, shower, cover with towel and dress - is there more toilet cubicles than showers? Maybe you could dress in there?
    It's like that in Scandinavia too. I was an exchange student in Norway at age 16 and I'll never forget my first gym class. All the girls got into the gym change room, stripped naked and headed for the shower 'room', which was just a square room with shower heads all around it. I don't know about everyone else, but at 16 I was fairly modest, but I didn't want to look stupid so I did as they did and tried my best to not look embarrassed. Meanwhile I didn't quite know where to look! My year in Norway knocked any modesty right out of me! Lol

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

    Bexta  (14-04-2016),Busy-Bee  (14-04-2016),headoverfeet  (15-04-2016),michellead  (14-04-2016)

  7. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    18,128
    Thanks
    1,429
    Thanked
    7,707
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    People are always walking naked in my gym.

    It's not something I am comfortable doing. However, my gym has 8 showers and 2 cubicle change rooms and no one ever uses the cubicle change rooms because they're all walking around naked lol

    For me, it would depend on how busy the gym was and the number of showers. If there's only 2 showers and it's busy at that time of the day I would probably just head home. Or I would pretend I need to go to the toilet and get changed in there.

  8. #26
    SpecialPatrolGroup's Avatar
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the messy house, Brisbane
    Posts
    9,481
    Thanks
    2,180
    Thanked
    5,405
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think I would go into the showers with my workout gear on, a towel and just come out wrapped on a towel (or one of those towel that has Velcro to hold it closed). I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get your underwear on fairly discretely.

    I once went to a bathhouse in Budapest and we were trying to practically climb into the lockers to change and then we realised how conspicuous we must have looked by trying to conceal ourselves.

  9. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,391
    Thanks
    1,584
    Thanked
    2,616
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    It's like that in Scandinavia too. I was an exchange student in Norway at age 16 and I'll never forget my first gym class. All the girls got into the gym change room, stripped naked and headed for the shower 'room', which was just a square room with shower heads all around it. I don't know about everyone else, but at 16 I was fairly modest, but I didn't want to look stupid so I did as they did and tried my best to not look embarrassed. Meanwhile I didn't quite know where to look! My year in Norway knocked any modesty right out of me! Lol
    It was like this for me in France too.
    I must admit the modesty I see here in change rooms or at the doctor etc amuse me.
    It's such a cultural thing isn't it?

  10. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gippsland
    Posts
    14,937
    Thanks
    1,246
    Thanked
    4,080
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    It was like this for me in France too.
    I must admit the modesty I see here in change rooms or at the doctor etc amuse me.
    It's such a cultural thing isn't it?
    Definitely. I think that generally Europeans are much more comfortable in the buff. It's so much easier to not be modest, I found it really time consuming trying to dress/undress under a towel. Quicker just to get your kit off and get it done.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (14-04-2016)

  12. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,404
    Thanks
    3,273
    Thanked
    3,602
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Definitely. I think that generally Europeans are much more comfortable in the buff. It's so much easier to not be modest, I found it really time consuming trying to dress/undress under a towel. Quicker just to get your kit off and get it done.
    I remember talking to an English woman who moved to Europe. She went to the sauna with friends and they said that everyone goes naked in the sauna, so she sucked it up and did. She didn't realise it was unisex and died 1000 deaths when she was naked around all these strangers

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (14-04-2016)

  14. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,782
    Thanks
    9,780
    Thanked
    4,747
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find it sad in our culture we are so embarrassed about our bodies. Me, u guess I must have some European heritage in me. I'm always pottering about in a state of undress in the house. If anyone looks in, they are the pervert, not me. I couldn't care less anymore, especially after having kids, they have been on public display so no modesty here!

    My MIL keeps the curtains closed all day. She doesn't like the idea someone might look in - they would have to be in the backyard or standing at the front window mind you- or heaven forbid, see her in her pyjamas (which you can't see ANYTHING by the way).

    Meh. I have stretch marks, big **** thighs, little boobs, who cares?

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

    babyno1onboard  (14-04-2016),Wise Enough  (14-04-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Toilet etiquette in the workplace
    By VicPark in forum General Chat
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 10-02-2016, 19:29
  2. Whats the etiquette?
    By misho in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-2015, 16:50
  3. Petrol station etiquette
    By Mod-Degrassi in forum General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-06-2015, 15:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue BankCryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 14 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Finances as a coupleFamily Finances
Come chat, Ladies who are 40+ TTC or ExpectingConception & Fertility General Chat
I am... #20General Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
IVF Babies due August/Sept/Oct' 16 #4pregnancy and babies through IVF
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›