+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a 3 year gap. I find it good. The maturity of ds when I was really sick and pregnant, meant he could easily hang with his dad while I lay in hospital hooked up to the ctg. Also, he's been able to understand that I can't always be with him and I need to do lots with his sister. They are now 15 months and 4.5 ish and are starting to play together, ds does get a bit rough with her, but he's getting better. Now that she's walking, they do a lot of running around the house squealing - that's fun...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

deku  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    4.25 years between our two. DS is only newborn so I can't say too much yet but pros are: DD is very helpful around the house, independent and can toilet, dress, feed herself etc. Also she's in kinder so has her own activities through the week which gives me good time with just bub and I. She's good at entertaining herself when I'm feeding or otherwise busy with bub, and understands when I tell her I can't attend to her needs straight away.

Cons: DD is very strong willed and wants to do adult things such as carry DS around, feed him, change his nappy etc but isn't big enough to, so gets extremely frustrated at always being told no. She's a bit past the tantrum stage but they've come back since DS was born, I'm hoping its temporary! 4 year old tantrums are so much more intense than 2 year old ones. :-/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

deku  (08-04-2016),sunnygirl79  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tell me about 3-4 year age gaps

There's 3 years 11 months between my 2 and I love it (DD is now 6, DS 2 and they are really starting to love playing together)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 2 years 10 months, 3 years, and 2 years 4months. Love all age gaps I had and all my kids play together and fight together awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our Bub #3 is due exactly 3 years after DS2's bday. And DS2 was born 25 months after DS1, so just over 2 year gap. I haven't been there yet with the 3 year gap but there are a number of things that I know will be easier because of the 3 year gap, compared to the 2yr gap.

Some of the things I found really hard with the 2yr gap:

* older child was very jealous of baby brother and his behaviour suddenly became awful for several weeks after baby was born

* toward the end of the pregnancy I was always tired and needed to lie down but I was still having to lift DS up onto change table, lift into cot etc, it was killing me.

* 2yr old kicking tantrums right at my heavily pregnant belly, wanting to climb onto me all the time for cuddles, etc.

* communication was difficult because he didn't speak yet and i found it difficult explaining to him that he needed to be gentle or that I needed to feed the baby

* sometimes I needed to put both boys in a pram (not often though) but I didn't have a double pram.. Babywearing helped but it wasn't a long term solution. I never ended up getting a double but I struggled quite a bit.

* I didn't feel like I had gotten a break, physically, because I had breast fed Ds1 until I was about 3 months pregnant, so there were a number of years where I had not great sleep, not able to drink wine when I wanted to etc.. Having that extra year in between has given me some time to feel like my own person again (and catch up on sleep!)

My 2 boys are 2 years apart and are great friends, they play beautifully together. I hope the next one is just as close to its brothers, but will just have to see. I had a 2yr gap with my older brother and a 5 year gap with my younger sister, and the 3 of us are best friends now. We had been since we were teenagers. Not so much as kids, I wasn't close to my sister because she was so much younger. But my brother and I always played together

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (09-04-2016),deku  (09-04-2016),Lexie and Zekes Mum  (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a 2 year & 4 month age gap between my girls, but 3 years in school they are very close sometimes to close! Then I have a 4 year & 3 month gap between dd2 & DS1, this makes my girls mother hen's! Especially dd1 who is 8! It works 4 us!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to joalisha For This Useful Post:

deku  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 4 yr gap between #1 and #2, then a 3 yr gap between #2 and number #3, and the gap this time is again 4 yrs.

I love the gap personally. #1 was toilet trained and able to help when #2 came along, and then #2 had just mastered toilet training when #3 rocked up and we're hoping the trend continues because #3 hasn't quite mastered it yet.

I found it was easier when we headed out, the elder one knew the rules and it sort of passed along to the next one. Bed times are a dream, so I won't be arguing with a toddler its bed time when I'm trying to nurse a newborn. They also can all shower and have breakfast together without too many arguments which is nice.

The eldest loves the tiny bit of responsibility and would probably take on more if we let her but instead we're mean and make her be a kid most of the time lol.

Great age gap. My sister has her first two much closer together, 18mths or something, and I just couldn't do it. It was crazy to watch.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Balfour For This Useful Post:

deku  (10-04-2016)